• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

There was a promise? *shots himself*

Pikachu and Mijumaru must not be used here. Please writers, just this one time. ;_;

So Ash must have caught Roggenrola and Palipad(excuse speeling) just to go and sit there? Mijumaru doesn't need to be used here. Ash shouldn't have promised that to Oshawott if he didn't know what kind of gym it was going to be. Oshawott has the next gym to debute and to maybe evolve, but here would be just plain dumb.

My guess for the gym battle are Snivy, Palpitoad and Roggenrola(even Scraggy cause it learned a new move) ! With an possible evolution for Snivy!

I'm really interested to see what the writers will do with this gym match. Elesa is widely believed to be one of the toughest gym leaders in BW and I'm thinking there's probably gonna be some Volt Switch chaos. I'm also curious as to if they'll keep her 2nd Emolga or use a Pokemon like Joltik/Galvantula, Stunfisk(Derp Fish :p), or Tynamo/Eelktrik/Eelektross.

I'm thinking as well that Ash is gonna end up using my favorite little sea otter, cause he pretty much promised Oshawott he'd use him next gym. Though I don't want Oshawott to be in this, if he does I hope he can get a win just to shock Elesa by how he can easily deflect electric attacks. I think Pokemon like Snivy, Rogenrolla, and Palpitoad should be used for this gym really since they have yet to been used in a gym and they're the best choices.

According to Sushi over at SPP, Ash didn't tell Oshawott he'd be used in the next Gym, just that, "He'll be used another time." So there's no proof Oshawott will be used here, and of course I hope he isn't.

Snivy has not had ANY Gym battle, and as a starter it deserves it. I can see rock head being used because otherwise it seems like a pointless capture.

I am still crossing my fingers for no Pikachu, even if its probably inevitable it'll be used. :/

Yeah while Roggenrola doesn't have the Electric immunity Palpitoad has, or the Electric resistance that Snivy, Swadloon, and Pikachu have, it still has a type advantage over Emolga, and the attacks to take advantage of it. A battle between those two would be good.

Roggenrola can learn Stealth Rock (aka, the bane of the metagame) by leveling up, which would be great against Volt Switching rats. Who's trolling now, Emolga? Who's trolling now?!

So Ash must have caught Roggenrola and Palipad(excuse speeling) just to go and sit there? Mijumaru doesn't need to be used here. Ash shouldn't have promised that to Oshawott if he didn't know what kind of gym it was going to be. Oshawott has the next gym to debute and to maybe evolve, but here would be just plain dumb.

This was propably the whole point of that episode with Kenyan/Stephan and Blitzle. Oshawott will probably be used than to show off his shell and magically win, even though it wouldn't make any sense and undoubtedly Palpitoad or someone would have faitned before him. I hope this doesn't happen, but I can see them doing this

I'm praying for Pikachu he shouldn't take a batseat to the attention whores of BW.

Like Kara said, Stealth Rock would be a awesome way to take down the Emonga since each Volt Change will cause massive massive damage. Dangoro, Pikachu, and Gamagaru. I still don't see Tsutarja though, I mean come on Zeburaika can use Nitro Charge and Emonga are Flying Type there not going down easily to her unless she uses Mero-Mero but still, the only way should should be used is if Kamitsure has a Maggyo or a Shibibiru.

Yeah while Roggenrola doesn't have the Electric immunity Palpitoad has, or the Electric resistance that Snivy, Swadloon, and Pikachu have, it still has a type advantage over Emolga, and the attacks to take advantage of it. A battle between those two would be good.

However, if these Emolga happen to know Flying-type attacks like Aerial Ace, Snivy and Swadloon will be at a terrible disadvantage. I am guessing that Ash uses one of his Grass-types in an effort to resist his opponent's Electric-types, only to discover that it may not work as well against Emolga. Roggenrola, on the other hand, can cover that weakness if it is sent out in battle with its own Rock-type attacks.

I'll just guess and say Ash's team for the 4th gym will be Tranquill, Swadloon and Roggenrola. The current three most underrated Pokemon. Maybe this was the reason why Palpitoad and Snivy were used in the Don Battle.

According to Sushi over at SPP, Ash didn't tell Oshawott he'd be used in the next Gym, just that, "He'll be used another time." So there's no proof Oshawott will be used here, and of course I hope he isn't.

Then the dub of that episode must have mistranslated this dialogue because Ash promised Oshawott that "[he's] up next time," implying that he might plan on using Oshawott in the next gym battle (which will be this one).

It is important to remember that it was Oshawott who sent himself out during that gym battle against Burgh, as if he truly wanted to be used by Ash. Oshawott had also sent himself out against Stephan and his Blitzle during a battle that Ash had intended to resolve using his Pikachu. For the sake of continuity, the writers may very well have Oshawott send himself out again during this gym battle as well, regardless of whether or not Ash will plan on using him.

I felt like the writers were really going on a gambit when they devoted literally three episodes centered around Ash's Oshawott training to use an object to deflect Electric-type attacks. There was also that episode focused on Oshawott perfecting his Aqua Jet move. If Oshawott is not used in this battle, it will be disappointing considering that all of that development and time directly focused on Oshawott will be wasted.

It's either use it and escape, or stay and be beaten.

I don't get it.

If you leave, then all you're going to do is cause the one who's sent out next to be hurt instead. Then once that Pokemon is defeated and the one who used Volt Switch comes back in will also get hurt.

If you stay, of course you're going to be beaten but at least only the Pokemon that is sent out next will be hurt.

It's a lose-lose situation, but only the one that causes less damage will work.

Why on earth would Elesa even use Volt Switch if Ash sets Stealth Rock up...

Speculation Time: Ash loses to Elesa because of Volt Switch spam which leads him to train Roggenrola to learn Stealth Rock. In the second battle Elesa decides to stop spamming Volt Switch which leads Ash to win.

I'm praying for Pikachu he shouldn't take a batseat to the attention whores of BW.

You can hardly call some of the Pokemon "Attention Whores" when it comes to gym battles. Pikachu has taken part in two gym battles, winning one of them. Snivy, Tranquill, Palpitoad, Scraggy and Roggenrolla haven't taken part in any of the gym battles. Obviously Tranquill would make no sense in this one, but Snivy, Scraggy, Palpitoad and Roggenrolla deserve a gym battle more than Pikachu.

Palpitoad and Snivy got used a lot in the Don Battle arc, so I can see them not being used this time. I can see Swadloon being used, because although Grass resists Electric, it is still weak to flying, and as pointed out by Stephan, Iris' Emolga doesn't know any flying-type moves, so perhaps seeing one use a flying-type move in battle will get Iris motivated to teach one to her Electric squirrel?

Ash has also used Pikachu in every Electric-type gym so far (Lt. Surge, Wattson and Volkner), so I believe the electric rat will be used this time as well.

Then, as Ash always has a habit of using Pokémon weak to his opponent's, I can see Oshawott or Tranquil being used. Due to Oshawott being used against both Cilan and Lenora, I hope he takes a back seat this time around. However, if Swadloon is used, I can see him taking the role of "Hey look, type effectiveness is in the anime too!", then Ash will send out Roggenrola as the magic trump card.

So in conclusion, assuming the battle is a 3v3, I can see Ash's team being Swadloon, Pikachu and Roggenrola.

As for Elesa's team; in the games she has two Emolga and a Zebstrika. Now, the writers decided to give Stephan a Zebstrika, so she no longer has a unique Pokémon. I imagine the writers probably did this deliberately, as they probably would have had to replace one of her Emolga with something. I'd like to see her with an Eelektrik (as much as I like Eelektross, it would be a bit overkill at the moment xD). Or, they could try and emphasis the fact that she's a girl, and girls apparently have to be cute and give her a Joltik instead (using its speed). Despite appearing already, neither Joltik or Zebstrika have had much attention, usually being in the background, or cannon fodder.

I personally think Ash will win this match the first time. I feel that a rematch scenario would suit Clay a lot more, considering how Clay is older, he's probably a lot more experienced, and will use that to defeat Ash.

Last edited:

I personally think Ash will win this match the first time. I feel that a rematch scenario would suit Clay a lot more, considering how Clay is older, he's probably a lot more experienced, and will use that to defeat Ash.

No thanks, I rather not see Ash get defeated by another, likely stronger, Excadrill. That would be redundant. He probably needs something to evolve to beat one though, so hopefully we get an evolution by then.

But yeah, I agree he will beat Elesa on his first attemp. Hopefully this gym battle is good.

No thanks, I rather not see Ash get defeated by another, likely stronger, Excadrill. That would be redundant. He probably needs something to evolve to beat one though, so hopefully we get an evolution by then.

But yeah, I agree he will beat Elesa on his first attemp. Hopefully this gym battle is good.
Well, all because Clay has an Excadrill doesn't mean it has to be his main Pokémon. The gym battle could be a good way to debut Seismitoad or Krookodile (as he has both of their pre-evolved forms in the games).

He's yet to win a gym battle, though. We need some Pig Power in the hooooouse.

Tepig beat Chili's Pansear and Lenora's Herdier, remember?

Whatever that pig is on, it's working. Except against Bugs, Rocks and Dragons.

inb4 Ash uses Tepig again

I kinda want Elesa to use both her Emonga. For some reason I just don't like the idea of giving her a new Electric-type. For Pete's sake, is this Johto? Where pretty much every Gym Leader deviated from their in-game team? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom