• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

All aboard the hype train, apparently a Sableye is seen hovering near Ash in a new scan for the Genesect movie. Some are speculating Sableye will be caught by Ash and evolve into a new Pokemon next Gen, basically like an Aipom situation.

Nothing like a little fanart for inspiration.

tumblr_mhkb7iXKUH1s4qbcco1_500.png

Another gimmick/derp Pokemon I wouldn't mind getting some love. Basculin evolving by Dragon Scale through trade with the other in the party or with a Basculin of the opposite color with a Dragon Scale also would be a cool idea to see. Sorta of a hydra/basilisk Pokemon that works on the water, I could see GF pulling a Horsea with this guy being Dragon/Water. Adaptability is an amazing ability for it as well. According to the Pokedex Basculin are eaten by humans and taste very good so an entry about its evolved form doing the same to humans would be nice. :p

So we could expect a Sableye evo then. That's awesome, I'm down for that. Hopefully Mawile will get one too if it does turn out that Sableye gets one.

I wanna see how a fully evolved non-weakness Pokemon will play out in competitive play! (cuz the two we got already aren't that great, but this is going to be an evo!)
If Ash gets it, it goes to be his first Ghost type! (Haunter aside). I just hope they won't trade it away to the female, like they did once before...

All I'm picturing now is an Eviolite, Prankster, Defensive Sableye and how annoying an opponent it would be. Plus I hope it retains its weak-less typing.

I think I'm more interested in a potential Eviolite Sableye than the actual evolution itself

A Sableye evo? Now that is something I can get hyped over.

s27fGXTl.png

Time to see this come true!

Came here just to mention that. As Sableye is based on the Hopkinsville Goblins, an evolution could be based on another supposed creature or alien. I'd prefer for Mothman to be an unrelated Bug type though, and those designs in particular seem kind of eh.

Oh god, dem Mothman Sableye evos.

We are probably going to get a Sableye evolution if it's going to be featured in the Genesect vs Mewtwo movie - especially if it belongs to Ash or another main character.

Sableye getting an evo would be awesome, along with Mawile.
jawilskiut__evo_of_mawile__d_by_burikillo-d4632a9.png

OR

malevora_by_deidara_fuuka-d5a58sp.png

Something like this. Since Mawile looks like a little girl, I can picture it growing into a lady. Which... would of course, be a similar case of Kirlia evolving into Gardevoir (girlie pokemon evolving into lady pokemon which can be either gender XDD)

And I would totally love it if they gave us baby Absol
absifinal.jpg

If it's something like this then <333333333333333333333333333333333333

s27fGXTl.png

Time to see this come true!

YES, Bogleech an amazing dude ALL OF YOU SHOULD FOLLOW!!

Mothman would be a cool evolution. The Flatwoods Monster route I think is less likely though since Gothitelle also arguably drew some inspiration from it.

jawilskiut__evo_of_mawile__d_by_burikillo-d4632a9.png

OR

Something like this. Since Mawile looks like a little girl, I can picture it growing into a lady. Which... would of course, be a similar case of Kirlia evolving into Gardevoir (girlie pokemon evolving into lady pokemon which can be either gender XDD)

Eh, needs to be more yokai-like.

Last edited:
@Cerony; I guess..? I did see one where Mawile's large jaw thingy changed into Medusa snakes when it evolved. That looked cool as well.

Pre_evolution_of_smeargle_by_Seyanni.png

THIS IS JUST CUTE. OMG BABY SMEARGLE AGHAPOWEHBAW;LJ;LK

For everyone comparing Jynx to Electabuzz and Magmar, and saying that it should eveolve because they did, I don't see this happening. I always thought Mr.Mime and Jynx were paired together, and as both have recieved pre-evolutions, and nothing else. I don't see anything being added to them.

I think gen 6 will be to gen 5, what gen 1 was to gen 2, and a lot of pokemon from gen 5 will be recieving evolutions.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stantler, Corsola and Girafarig recieving evos though. I'd also like to see more variation of Shellos.

For everyone comparing Jynx to Electabuzz and Magmar, and saying that it should eveolve because they did, I don't see this happening. I always thought Mr.Mime and Jynx were paired together, and as both have recieved pre-evolutions, and nothing else. I don't see anything being added to them.

I think gen 6 will be to gen 5, what gen 1 was to gen 2, and a lot of pokemon from gen 5 will be recieving evolutions.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stantler, Corsola and Girafarig recieving evos though. I'd also like to see more variation of Shellos.

Like North Sea Shellos and South Sea Shellos? XDD

I'd love a Sableye evo. Heck give it two evos, one based on rubies and one on Sapphires. Call the sapphire one Sapheyer too lol.

I think some people are being easily tricked by this guy some if not most of the Pokémon he's describing match some of the artwork on deviantart. Just look it up people you will see that this guy is another troll who needs to go back under his bridge ASAP.

Oh god I hope it doesn't look like either of those! Fingers crossed for a bulked up, bad-ass goblin/Sableye.

That would be seriously awesome! One of my favourite fake-evolutions I've seen!

I hope that if they do give evolutions to one part of a duo/trio, that they give it to the whole group, unlike what has happened for Magmar/Electabuzz/Jynx and Mantine/Skarmory

- ND

I think a good Muk evolution would be cool. I saw some cool concepts for it that'd be cool.
And if Jynx got an evolution, that'd be exciting but everyone would be all like "racist!"

I'd also like to see a Sunflora evolution. The Sunkern family is seriously being treated like weaklings, and I admit that wasting a Sun Stone on a Sunkern feels like a waste, so if they're given a powerful evo, they'd get a lot more attention XDD

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom