• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explain Your Username

Arseus Ex Machina

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put his topic, but a topic like this was on Pokecharms. I just want to hear the history of the names of the people here BMGf have, especially Habunake (who changes his on a regular basis).

I'm a noob, so I just go by buggie... or konchuu.. or ai no konchuu.. like the song Love Bug.

But I just wanted to ask.. Do you have any idea why they changed Arseus to Arceus? It looks idiotic with a C...

At the time, I was obsessed with Clair. I was always fond of the word/name Crystal too.
And Crystal Clair is kind of a pun of Crystal Clear... believe it or not that's a coincidence.
Now I want to change or alter my name to show my Shinji love but I cant let go of the name. Something deep down is still attached to it.

Joey is Joey.

Not really. I came to be known as Joey back when I hung out in Yahoo roleplaying chatrooms. My username back then was joeysgirl, thanks to a crush on Joey Fatone from Nsync. Everyone just shortened it down to Joey though, and it stuck. Been using it for around 7 and a half years now.

Japanese name of one of my favorites.

Appeals Round pretext since he was used in the newest episode for it.

Mine's kinda a dedication, added to my liking for Latios and Latias. But i've been known to change my name with the tides.

I love the Tales series and after going through the main games in the series as of the time period of mid 2002, I decided to identify myself more as a Tales fan. One of my favorite Tales character was (and still is) Cless Alvein (though some might know him as Cress Albane), so I took his first name as part of my user name. I then wanted to go use a different character's last name and I was thinking of the first Tales I played back in 1999, the original Tales of Destiny. That's where I took the last name of the hero of Tales of Destiny, Stahn Aileron.

Thus how I've come up with my user name Cless Aileron. It now sticks with me.

Dark - My favorite type
Elite Karen - Elite 4 member from GSC who had Dark pokemon, one of my favorite Pokemon characters (mainly because I've roleplayed her before, since not much is known about her in the games and such)
= DarkEliteKaren.

I'm new here, but eh.

Rio's Kabam is my horse's registered/show name.

Rio=His daddy's name (I think it's like Rio Grande or something. All of his babies names start with Rio's.)
Kabam=Well, my pony's barn name is Bam-Bam. XD I guess they got Bam-Bam from Kabam.

Therefore we have Rio's Kabam.

Well, a long time ago I was a Bleach and Hitsugaya fan, and Hitsugaya's sword is increibly sexy. It was my username on sppf, and for some reason, I used it here. These are the only places I use that username too o_O

And considering how that I'm not into Bleach and I hate Hitsugaya, it's a wonder why I keep it =D;

Well the "Great" comes from my old Cartoon Orbit account GreatAkuChiaotzu251. The "Liver" comes from a nickname I had one summer at camp that was Chicken Liver. Meshed them, and it works. And yes Liver refers to the organ, not that I'm good at life like alot of people think.

I went on pokecharms to make a trainer card (followed the link from someone here's card in their sig), and when I got to the trainer sprite, I picked the male breeder because I liked that although he was clearly male, I had a slightly androgynous feel to him. Therefore, I picked a name that's predominantly associated with males, but can be female, too. I really liked it, to my surprise, so I made it my username when I registered here. No, it's not my real name (though that's also an uncommon spelling of a common name).

I used to go by (and still do on LJ) rgmusashi ("rocket gang musashi"). "Argy" is simply the turning of the letters "rg" into a name.

My name, Jonouchi, is the Japanese name for the Yu-Gi-Oh Character "Joey Wheeler"

B=Bryn (My first name),
p=First letter of my last name,
8 is my favourite number.

Mine's pretty obvious. Came up with it when I was 14 and first got the internet. Ditched it for a while and came back to it. Green Marvel 13. Favorite color, favorite comic company, favorite number. Minus the e's.

I wanted my screenname to sound contradictory somehow but beautiful. Roses and fire are two things that are beautiful in my opinion, but also contradictory because of what they represent:

Peace and destruction
Love and anger
Death and life

Rosae Ardentes is just Latin for Roses Ablaze.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom