• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why people thought that Journeys would end with this episode. They would still need to deal with the aftermath of the battle regardless of its outcome and there's still Project Mew to deal with too. I'm still sure that we'll get a new series, but Journeys would still need a few more episodes to ideally wrap up its remaining storylines, give some farewells with the cast and lead into the next series.

I'm not sure why people thought that Journeys would end with this episode. They would still need to deal with the aftermath of the battle regardless of its outcome and there's still Project Mew to deal with too. I'm still sure that we'll get a new series, but Journeys would still need a few more episodes to ideally wrap up its remaining storylines, give some farewells with the cast and lead into the next series.
I get the feeling that at this point people are just feeling Journeys fatigue between all the breaks and recaps and just want it to be over with already so we can clear the air with a fresh start.

I get the feeling that at this point people are just feeling Journeys fatigue between all the breaks and recaps and just want it to be over with already so we can clear the air with a fresh start.

I think you're projecting your own feelings about Journeys.

About the reason why people expected Journeys to end in Episode 131, this seems more related to Vilolet and Scarlet being released in November 18th. So, people are surprised that Journey will continue after the new games are released, which seems pretty unconventional.

Last edited:
I don't think that much of Cinderace not being in the preview honestly. The preview for today's episode didn't show Cinderace, Sirfetch'd, or Dracovish and they all were there for a decent amount. I think Cinderace will be handled before Charizard is
Yeah. They clearly showed something that implies Dynamax Band recharge, but no Dynamaxing. Could easily be them hiding the Gigantamax battle.

About the reason why people expected Journeys to end in Episode 131, this seems more related to Vilolet and Scarlet being released in November 18th. So, people are surprised that Journey will continue after the new games are released, which seems pretty unconventional.
While it may be my own feelings, let’s be real, it’s not just me. We’ve even had numerous posters who have expressed wanting this current series to just be over already so we can move on. The series has been plagued with numerous issues and sometimes it’s better to reshuffle the deck and draw a new hand than to drag something out longer than it needs to be. Even the writers seemed to have been hitting the fast forward button since episode 100. Hell, had it not been for the production issues that resulted in a loss of at least a month, we’d most likely be at the end of things right now.

While it may be my own feelings, let’s be real, it’s not just me. We’ve even had numerous posters who have expressed wanting this current series to just be over already so we can move on. The series has been plagued with numerous issues and sometimes it’s better to reshuffle the deck and draw a new hand than to drag something out longer than it needs to be. Even the writers seemed to have been hitting the fast forward button since episode 100. Hell, had it not been for the production issues that resulted in a loss of at least a month, we’d most likely be at the end of things right now.
Ya, It's at times like this that I ask myself "Why do all the things I like go horribly downhill?". Thankfully I don't think the pokemon anime has sunk nearly as low as certain other things I like (Cough Cough Angry Birds Cough Cough), Journeys is just one series, after all, they could get the anime back on track when the Gen 9 anime comes. Plus, Journeys is just a mediocre series, not an outright horrible one. It has its highlights like another series, it's still my least favorite series but it's not awful.

It is since usually they have a new series starting right before or shortly after new main series games are released. It's a weird and different kind of situation than we're normally in during the dawn of a new generation. I still wouldn't have expected Journeys to end right with this episode when they still need to wrap things up. Ideally, I'd love for them to properly announce the next series after this episode airs. That still might be hoping for too much. If they're struggling to get the Master Class episodes done with these breaks and clip shows, they still might not have much, if anything, to show of a new series, but getting a title and promotional poster would be nice.

I really don't know why you think all the production issues will be fixed the moment a new series starts? It's going to be the same staff, and unless there's a hiatus of sorts, it's not like the start of the next series is going to have any higher production values than we have now.

I really don't know why you think all the production issues will be fixed the moment a new series starts? It's going to be the same staff, and unless there's a hiatus of sorts, it's not like the start of the next series is going to have any higher production values than we have now.
For starters, since the beginning of a new series tends to be more relaxed compared to the end, it won’t be putting as much of a strain on the animation team. One of the biggest strains at the end came from the fact that they were animating 7 battles almost back to back, especially when the original plan was only to do Ash’s. There’s also the possibility of a change in director and with it, the vision for the series.

It is since usually they have a new series starting right before or shortly after new main series games are released. It's a weird and different kind of situation than we're normally in during the dawn of a new generation. I still wouldn't have expected Journeys to end right with this episode when they still need to wrap things up. Ideally, I'd love for them to properly announce the next series after this episode airs. That still might be hoping for too much. If they're struggling to get the Master Class episodes done with these breaks and clip shows, they still might not have much, if anything, to show of a new series, but getting a title and promotional poster would be nice.
They might not even have a new series to promote.

Not necessarily. There's not much for Journeys characters to do in Gen IX.
Unless, they come up with original character that is not in the game at all. Nevertheless, Ash win or lose. Leon first ever lose will be find out next week. If Ash won, I would love to see him wear the cape that Leon may give him for potentially facing the 9th region champion in next series.

Didn’t they create the journeys formula so they wouldn’t have to be pressured by new game releases? They can throw Paldea region Pokemon into whatever episodes they want randomly.

As far as the match goes I think they want Pikachu to win this, its the only reason to potentially give Pikachu the additional Gigamtamax ability, Leon doesn’t need it. Pikachu needs it to make its ability to survive through two of Leon’s Pokemon more believable. It would also be done in a way that Ash has no control over it to make it appear more reasonable to allow him to do it twice.

Last edited:
Found this over on Serebii, courtesy of Dephender

The "Pocket Monsters" TV anime, which airs every Friday at 6:55pm on the TV Tokyo Network, will finally show the conclusion to the fierce final battle of the "Pokémon World Championships", the tournament that will determine who's the best at Pokémon battling, on Friday November 11th! Promo pictures from the episode "The Finals IV: Partner" have just been revealed, as has a special feature article on the Pokémon World Championships!

2610-735-72e6c2c38aa0307b56f03b66dc011f13-1344x756.jpg

2610-735-742a0f25885c1613caaced3becf53d4e-1344x756.jpg

This battle started as a 6-on-6 full battle, but Satoshi now only has Pikachu left, and Dande just made his strongest partner Lizardon Kyodaimax. The Galar Particles reacted strongly to the clash between the Z-Move "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" and "G-Max Wildfire", which led to the legendary Pokémon Mugendaina showing up, having sensed their increased power! This sudden, unexpected visitor sent the stadium into a frenzy. What could it be here for...?!

In addition, the battle between Satoshi and Dande is finally reaching its climax! Dande has two Pokémon left, the protean goalhunter with the Ability "Libero", Aceburn, and the sword and shield of the Greatest of Them All, Lizardon! And Satoshi throws his fully powered strength at him with his incomparable partner, Pikachu! Will the baton that got passed to it from its teammates lead to victory?!

And on that very same day, the special "Streaming Live! The Satoshi VS Dande Support Special" will be shown on the official Pokémon Youtube channel! It will be hosted by Ryogo Matsumaru and feature guests related to the Pocket Monsters anime. They will hype up the finals battle between Satoshi and Dande alongside you viewers in real time!

2610-735-3d2db0bc255b3b0515d1b8e0504c79f1-1344x756.jpg

Friday November 11th: The Finals IV: Partner
Mugendaina has suddenly appeared in Shoot Stadium! What could it be here for...?! In addition, the battle between Satoshi and Dande is reaching its climax! As they take on Dande's ace Lizardon, Satoshi and Pikachu muster the last of their strength; Everything they've gained from all their encounters, battles and adventures thus far...! Will Satoshi be able to seize the laurels of victory alongside his greatest partner?!

Who will end up being the greatest Pokémon battler of all?! Don't miss the greatest showdown in all history!!

2610-735-1171a36d41b271e898ab7e3eda02a783-640x360.jpg

"Streaming Live! The Satoshi VS Dande Support Special"
Premiere date: Friday November 11th
Premiere time: 6:30pm-7:45pm
Featuring: Ryogo Matsumaru (host), Nicole Fujita, Sunshine Ikezaki and more
URL:
*premiere date, time and content are subject to change
*guests are subject to change

Both charizard Gmax wildfire and Pikachu z move winning streak come to an end..

My guess is Ash definitely lose to Leon. But Pikachu beat charizard. I think when announcing charizard is unable to battle, Pikachu too fainted after that (similar scene of inceneroar) . So Leon will be winner without sending aceburn.

Both charizard Gmax wildfire and Pikachu z move winning streak come to an end..

My guess is Ash definitely lose to Leon. But Pikachu beat charizard. I think when announcing charizard is unable to battle, Pikachu too fainted after that (similar scene of inceneroar) . So Leon will be winner without sending aceburn.
Ash is going to win. Especially with all the blessing from Alola, he got all three mechanics and also all the friends cheering him in TV. It is a situation, where he can turn the tide and get the W. I'll only hope, the 9th region champion is also watching as well. Because, he/she will be the next that Ash going to faced. As for this match it is the passing touch of Leon undefeated to Ash after suffered the first ever L. Not to mention, Leon even allow Ash to used all three power-up. There is no way, he is going to lose.

Last edited:
What are people speculating Eternatus is showing up for? Kinda random. Also, Scorbunny coming last also seems suspicious, doesn't seem good for Ash. But at the same time, there is that live thing, which can only serve to help in an eventual damage control sure, but on the other hand I don't think we've ever had something like that before on finals? Could it be a hint Ash's victory or not?

In any way, given writers randomly gave Eternatus to Leon before all this, I have a feeling he's going to use it someway. It could be the missing cue for Ash's old Pokémon return!

Didn’t they create the journeys formula so they wouldn’t have to be pressured by new game releases? They can throw Paldea region Pokemon into whatever episodes they want randomly.
No. Paldea shouldn't get the Galar treatment and be shoved aside so the other regions can more spotlight. Balancing 8 regions is one of journeys many struggles, adding in a 9th isn't going to make it any better.

No, they created the journeys formula to celebrate some kind of pokemon anniversary (which one I cant think of off the top of my head).
I feel like if they planned for journeys to go on forever they wouldnt have given both ash and goh goals with defined ends, Fighting leon and Catching mew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom