• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty Club

Confirm/deny: Misty is awesome.

• Confirm

Votes: 550 84.0%
  • Deny, also I support terrorism

Votes: 105 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
Okay, if an Ash club can become the second biggest thread on this board due to the actions of 5 people, I think this is worth a shot.

character_misty2.jpg

So, what are the rules? They're fairly straightforward.

1 - Stay on topic. This means you can discuss anything pertaining to Misty, her family, and her Pokemon, in any medium - games, anime, manga, whatever. Although I suspect this topic will be mostly anime-centric.

2 - No flaming or trolling. This goes without saying, but I'll repeat it because I know there are a few people out there who need to keep their opinions to themselves.

3 - Shipping discussion is allowed, but keep rule #2 in mind - if a shipping discussion starts to devolve into a flamewar, I'm killing it - or, at least, killing the people involved.

That's about it, aside from normal board rules that apply anywhere else.

She's way better then May. I can't stand that little... Plus I like her strive to become a water pokémon trainer. I love water pokémon.

Whoooo! Go Misty! Maybe I'm nostalgic for her Kanto personality, but I still consider her one of the best characters to ever be on the show.

Misty isn't hot at all without her short shorts w/suspenders. I realize that now.

Misty's cool. She trainers water Pokemon (I like water related characters so that's cool) and she had Togepi/Togetic (two of my favorite Pokemon). <3

MistyIRC said:
I dunno, I like her Chronicles outfit from the Luvdisc ep.
Yeah, too bad she didn't have that in those three recent eps.

Really? I like her Hoenn outfit the most by far.

Misty has always been my favorite character on the show. Seriously, Ash could have jumped into a volcano for all I cared - for me, it was all about Misty.

It's too bad the writers rarely used her to her full potential. Even during Kanto, she used to mostly sit back and let Ash take most of the action during the episodes.

During Orange Islands/Johto, I had hoped that they would have had Misty be a primary character in the story (much like May is now,) and have her battle in Gyms and stuff with her water pokemon. But obviously that didn't happen, because the writers didn't really seem to know what to do with her character.

I haven't really watched "Pokemon" since Misty left; I just read the recaps on Serebii now (and, from the looks of things, I'm not missing out on all that much.) I do hope Misty returns to the group someday though.

Last edited:
I think it's a real shame that Misty's character ended up the way it did, because IMO what the writers were trying to do with her could have worked really well. Unfortunately, characterisation not being their strong point, all they did was botch it up. :p What I think they meant to do with Togepi was take off some of her bratty edge and bring out her tender side. This kind of necessary character development could have been great for Misty - she needn't have lost her fiery temper, just learned a bit of patience. That way, instead of losing her rag with Ash over stupid insignificant reasons, she could bite her tongue and just snap at him a bit. (Of course, whenever her friends or Pokemon were threatened, we'd see ScaryHellbitch!Misty make a reappearance. :p) So instead of unleashing her ire upon the deserving and undeserving alike, she could have learned to channel it and use it solely (or at least mostly) for good. Buuuuut the writers sadly opted for some Cordelia-style character development, and just removed her temper entirely. Pity.

Yeah. I'd like to get a good pic of her entire outfit, but my only source is SPP's pics(and whatever Google comes up with, which isn't much in the way of recent pics), and those are all very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom