• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Morpheusshipping - Ash & Angie

I wasn't trying to be mean but to be fair. Some people think some girls on the show are pretty, some don't. It all depends on mostly personality for me. I like Angie's spirit. And I like her and Ash's reactions. Doesn't mean I don't like other ones too. I, like other forum readers do like more than one shipping.
Sorry if this came out as an attack on someone.

Wow, this shipping is still going? I can proudly say that I've been a fan of this shipping from the beginning, so I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon. But someone really needs to explain this to me, why is this shipping becoming so popular? I thought that I would have to dig about 10 pages to find this thread but it was on the first page.

It's because of the Relation Angie share with Ash. No other Girl haven't bonded Ash as closely as Angie. Not even Misty
If Angie Was as pretty as Dawn then trust me, This shipping would become the most popular shipping
May be That's why The Artist made her look completely like a guy. To Make sure this Ship doesn't get much popularity

I'm sorry to do this again but, what?! Pokeshipping was and still is overly popular if Misty is or not as pretty. Dawn as you said is pretty but Pearlshipping hasn't been too popular lately. I don't think it has anything to do with looks when it comes to these ships anymore.

All right, I'm going to have to ask you guys to cut it out. This is a thread for discussing Morpheusshipping, which no one here has really been doing. Stick to the topic at hand.

I agree. Comparing to other shippable characters usually leads to endless debates. Some like this ship, some like PokéShipping, some like other ships, each to his/her own, I say. Let's just always respect others.

I was wondering, to generate more fanart and a support reboot for this ship, how about we agree on a morpheousshipping day?
(it would force me to get off my lazy duff and do some art for this pair XD)

Nice idea. Perhaps the day the first Summer Acedemy episode aired? Or the day the episode aired that Angie was showing her crush on Ash by refusing to shake his hand while blushing?

Wow, this shipping is still going? I can proudly say that I've been a fan of this shipping from the beginning, so I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon. But someone really needs to explain this to me, why is this shipping becoming so popular? I thought that I would have to dig about 10 pages to find this thread but it was on the first page.

I think one of the reasons is how close Ash and Angie have become during such a short period. Their dynamics when together. It makes an interestion combination. And the commitment Ash showed when saving her from the spirit world. It felt like more than an instinctive reaction/reflex to keep someone from harn. Ash was prepared to give everything he had to save her, and hold on, or go with her in the void if he should fail.

Last edited:
I believe the first appearance of Angie would be the best day, as a shipper might categorize certain moments before the blushing episode as hints.
Now, the Japanese or American date?

I believe the first appearance of Angie would be the best day, as a shipper might categorize certain moments before the blushing episode as hints.
Now, the Japanese or American date?

I think the most posting here are following the dub, so that might mean the American date, but perhaps I am mistaken in this assumption.

Speaking of dub vs Japanese version, does anyone know what the exact words are Ash spoke in the scene where Angie is almost pulled into the spirit world?

Too many of the other ash ship threads are above this one!

Any ideas on what Angie or Ash would make as their New Years Resolution?

Too many of the other ash ship threads are above this one!

Any ideas on what Angie or Ash would make as their New Years Resolution?

I would take quality over quantity most of the times, but a little more activity wouldn't hurt indeed.

Nice topic. I think that would be a difficult one to answer. Either eat more, or sleep more. ;-)

My personal resolution would be to update my MorpheusShipping fanfics more often...

Edit: And I did, a new chapter has been added to "Our Life Together".

Last edited:
We seriously need to come up with a date, in my opinion. >.>

And after may, you guys will be seeing some art from me, I promise.

Hello everyone! I'm back! I guess it's been a long time since the last time I post here.

@LusterPurge, glad to see a new chapter you just did.

Oh and I have drawn something back in 2010 and I just scanned it todayXD Here it is:
Ash x Angie by ~Uta-Makoto-chan on deviantART Hope you guys like it.

~Ash

Hey, nice to see you back here. And a nice picture too. Like the idea of Angie wearing Ash's cap. How about trying to color it, now that you have a digital version to "mess around" with?

Glad you liked my latest chapter, did you also review it? ;-)

We seriously need to come up with a date, in my opinion. >.>

And after may, you guys will be seeing some art from me, I promise.

Fanart? Great, something to look forward to!

I think another possible date would be the date EndlessSummer published her great, inspiring picture, called "Morpheus Family" on July 25, 2009. For me that has been an even more special day than when I saw the first episode with Angie. The only moment I think that was more "pure-MorpheusShipping" was the first time I saw "Ghoul Daze", but that would be a personal date.

Hello everyone! I'm back! I guess it's been a long time since the last time I post here.

@LusterPurge, glad to see a new chapter you just did.

Oh and I have drawn something back in 2010 and I just scanned it todayXD Here it is:
Ash x Angie by ~Uta-Makoto-chan on deviantART Hope you guys like it.

~Ash

Dude, I love your picture. I wish there was more color though.

Thanks Caseydia! Yes, I was planning to color it but I was on a hurry that time and forgot to color it.. maybe I'll color it when I got time..
Oh and thank you too LusterPurge ! I am still going to read it again, I have missed some of the parts and left it unfinished..:)

My goodness, I was surprised this thread was still around! I'm going to try not to resent y'all for outlasting the Heattag thread. I see the two as sister ships for some weird reason. Well, they shared an arc, anyway. But that's not the point.
The point is I've been away from the MorpheusShipping scene for far too long! What've I missed...?

My goodness, I was surprised this thread was still around! I'm going to try not to resent y'all for outlasting the Heattag thread. I see the two as sister ships for some weird reason. Well, they shared an arc, anyway. But that's not the point.
The point is I've been away from the MorpheusShipping scene for far too long! What've I missed...?

I think this ship has been lying "dormant" for a while, which is quite appropriate considering the name. ;-)

After Angie didn't get her return appearance we were hoping for at the time of the Sinnoh League, it got very quiet here. I even have to admit I was too quiet, left my fanfics resting as well, and life went on as it did before. Still, it brings a glow to my heart to see some still around, and supportive. Maybe we'll get our moment in a future episode. I still think it's odd to have a character with a clear love interest in Ash appear on multiple episodes, even make her appear later on in the series, with the same feelings for Ash, and then leave it there. It feels so unfinished, but on the other hand, that leaves plenty of options for us to fill in the gaps like we think it should have been.

So, I feel this ship is still alive, perhaps less popular than it once was, although we've never been that big, even in the "glory days", but still there.

Btw, how about my suggestion to take the date of the unveiling of the "Morpheus Family" fanart picture by EndlessSummer as "MorpheusShipping Day"?

Btw, how about my suggestion to take the date of the unveiling of the "Morpheus Family" fanart picture by EndlessSummer as "MorpheusShipping Day"?
Sounds good to me. Eh, tell ya what, I'll draw some MorpheusShipping like I haven't in ages, give a nod to it in my HeatTag fic (since it's set at the Pokemon Summer Academy a few years later anyway), although sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who sees a connection between the two ships...
Wow, yeah, I was so absorbed in my thoughts of YAY CONWAY that I completely forgot to be disappointed about lack of Angie at the League...
Hey, one thing I've noticed about MorpheusShipping is that there's a lot of fanfiction and not very much fanart. Hate to be mentioning a separate pairing for the third time in one post, but interestingly enough (at least to me), HeatTagShipping is the opposite. Well, I could help fix that!

Ok, that's one extra vote for that day. If some others could chime in again, we may have enough votes to settle the date.

As for HeatTag, I agree it's definitely linked to MorpheusShipping, considering quite a few hints from Conway's side were presented in the Summer Academy arc.

I also think we need more Morpheus fanart. Any effort to bring us more will definitely be appreciated. Please do "fix" that!

If writer see Angie as a real girl then the next time when Angie appear she gonna have long hair or Medium leanth hair .
BECAUSE SHE IS A GIRL IN LOVE, MAN !
Think, what a real girl would do if she's in love with someone like Ash.
-She gonna wonder if Ash will ever be attracted to her.
-She will a little jealousy toward his female traveling companion. Specially if it someone cute as Dawn.
-Obviously she gonna look herself in mirror sometime .
-She find out how unattractive & tomboyish she look's.
-Then she compare herself to Dawn and realize how much prettier Dawn is compare to her.
-Then she recall the fact that Dawn met Ash first & she get to spend more time with Ash then her.
-She afraid that Ash might be more attracted to Dawn then her since Dawn's more Prettier, Feminine and know's Ash longer.
-But she will think that she can win Ash with her Personality & friendship alone.
-But later she will have doubt cause Boy's like Prettier girl & no matter how kind hearted boy Ash is, He's still a BOY*.
-So She will wonder how to be more attractive for Ash.
-At first, She decide to be more feminine
-She decide to let her hair grow.
-She will ask her mother to tech her to be more Feminine.
-She will get bored with Day care center cause she can't raise pokemon to be as strong as she want & She can't even evolve them.
-Plus She can't spend time with Ash or even get to met him this way.
-So She decide to travel as a ''League trainer'' for her love toward Ash & pokemon Battle.
-She decide she will take over the Day care center when she's older & More mature.
-Her parent will be happy with this decision .(Specially her father since he don't have to worry about Angie evolving client's Pokemon)
-After few month when her hair is longer and she's use to wear feminine cloth , She will travel to pursue Ash. (although she will still be Tomboyish in nature)
That What Should happen if writer See Angie as a ether a Heroin or REAL GIRL IN LOVE.
But I guess it will never happen if Writer see her nothing more then a minor Anime Character.
This is the Hairstyle I want for Angie
240px-Sayama_Makoto.png
*Ash was drooling over Giselle. This prove the he is interest in extremely pretty girl with long hair like Giselle.

I like that idea for Angie's hairstyle. And I agree she should retain her tomboyish nature, as that is what makes her what she is.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom