• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very curious to how the starters are going to sound in the anime, specifically in the English dub.

Especially the grass starter Sprigatito since has a long 4 syllable name. I can picture Fuecoco mostly saying “coco” and Quaxly is the most easiest to predict since it will most likely “quack” like a duck and it helps that it’s name starts with Qua.

I’m very curious to how the starters are going to sound in the anime, specifically in the English dub.

Especially the grass starter Sprigatito since has a long 4 syllable name. I can picture Fuecoco mostly saying “coco” and Quaxly is the most easiest to predict since it will most likely “quack” like a duck and it helps that it’s name starts with Qua.
I could imagine Sprigatito being similar to Litten and Skitty and making catlike sounds as opposed to saying it’s name.

I could imagine Sprigatito being similar to Litten and Skitty and making catlike sounds as opposed to saying it’s name.
Sprigatito may also go the way of Chikorita, its Grass-type Starter predecessor who also possesses a name with 4 syllables, where it says the graphemes of its name in combinations of 2-3 syllables (ex. "Chi-kah!," "Chi-ko-ree!").

I'm still holding out for Quaxly to have a Donald Duck voice, rather than saying its name akin to Psyduck and Ducklett; while I tend to roll my eyes at recent English dubbed Pokémon cries compared to the old ones, once and a while they make a gem like Golisopod's that gives me hope.

I could imagine the cat purring by saying "spreeeeeeee".

Given the show's current format I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Go as a companion. I like the idea of them going to whatever region fits the story.

There wasn't a proper Gen 8 anime to begin with.

Whatever Journeys is doesn't count.

It failed to fulfill the purpose all series are made for, promote the latest core games.

I am already praying that the next series won't repeat such unacceptable mistakes and that the staff would have a realisation.

Given the show's current format I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Go as a companion. I like the idea of them going to whatever region fits the story.
Given that this series format seems to exist for the purpose of celebrating the franchise’s 25th anniversary, I don’t really see it staying for the future. While on paper it may seem like a grand celebration of the series, in execution it’s been done terribly with it being mostly favoring Kanto over everything else and actual focus and development in the writing being some of, if not, the worst in the series. I would hate for the new region to get the terrible treatment Galar got. Plus with the writers tying Go to Gen 8 by making his partner a Galar starter, I don’t see him going on past this series.

Given that this series format seems to exist for the purpose of celebrating the franchise’s 25th anniversary, I don’t really see it staying for the future. While on paper it may seem like a grand celebration of the series, in execution it’s been done terribly with it being mostly favoring Kanto over everything else and actual focus and development in the writing being some of, if not, the worst in the series. I would hate for the new region to get the terrible treatment Galar got. Plus with the writers tying Go to Gen 8 by making his partner a Galar starter, I don’t see him going on past this series.
Go is the first companion that I’d be surprised to see be written off. Given the absurd poptof Pokémon Go I can see the format contining with him as a long-time companion in the new region while still visiting other regions.

I can see the Scarlett and Violet anime going in three different directions.
1. Journeys continues and Goh's journey drags on for another 3+ years.

2. They go back to the old formula. Ash with two or three friends traveling through one region.

3. Something unique that will be viewed as either good or bad.

Go is the first companion that I’d be surprised to see be written off. Given the absurd poptof Pokémon Go I can see the format contining with him as a long-time companion in the new region while still visiting other regions.
I’ve seen this kind of reasoning but there’s numerous counterpoints that go against him staying:

His partner is a Gen 8 starter which once Gen 8 ends is no longer a point of focus. If they had given him a Pokémon like Pikachu or Eevee, there’d be more chances of him staying, but they purposely set it up this way.

He represents Pokémon Go but the advertisement of that went hand in hand with the format they were going for with this series with traveling the world capturing Pokemon. Should they drop that formula with the next series, Pokemon Go advertisement becomes more forced.

Between Project Mew and Sonia, they’ve created multiple outs for him. In fact, the fact that they had him take Hop’s spot in the Darkest Day story and had Sonia show interest in him, it points to that he could end up taking Hop’s place as her assistant.

All I know is that if Ash actually has a traditional journey through the new region, akin to the series before the likes of SuMo and Journeys, I am going to be fuming mad. Why? Because it should have also been done in those regions! Alola was the most interesting region we had so far, and instead of having Ash travel across the islands and focus seriously on the new island challenge, they had him sit in school on one island at Kukui's house for most of the series. And Galar didn't even get the honor of a series dedicated to itself, which to this day still baffles me because it's like Galar was made for Ash. A region where the gym challenge is basically a sport followed intensely by all of the citizens? Where challengers get special uniforms and everyone is following in each other's gym journey? How on earth could they not give Ash a normal journey here???

So if they decide "well we had our new ideas an fun, time to go back to the old grind", and put Ash in the new region to focus only on it, I will be very upset.

I'd guess they didn't want to immediately follow up the much publicized league win with another badge journey that would risk making the win feel pointless if he continued doing the exact same thing after.
Which would be a strange mentality for the writers to take when Galar is presented as being a region where the competitiveness is at an all time high to the point that you need to be sponsored just to get in the league and their gym leaders being Elite 4/Champion tier. Their league would have basically been like the pro circuit for Ash.

I'd guess they didn't want to immediately follow up the much publicized league win with another badge journey that would risk making the win feel pointless if he continued doing the exact same thing after.

I don't see how doing the Galar gyms would make his Alola league win pointless. Am I missing something?

I don't see how doing the Galar gyms would make his Alola league win pointless. Am I missing something?
There were people that thought that going back to the Badge Quest after winning in Alola would be a downgrade.

I also fail to see sense in such reasoning.

Which would be a strange mentality for the writers to take when Galar is presented as being a region where the competitiveness is at an all time high to the point that you need to be sponsored just to get in the league and their gym leaders being Elite 4/Champion tier. Their league would have basically been like the pro circuit for Ash.

There were people that thought that going back to the Badge Quest after winning in Alola would be a downgrade.

I also fail to see sense in such reasoning.
It's all about appearances; JN marketing has focused really heavily on getting hype, which is why, say, they show the reserves in a preview trailer but they just pop up for a few seconds in the actual episode, or why they gave Ash shillmon--Dragonite's capture hit trending for a while when it happened--but then don't give them as much to do as previous teams.

A world tournament after the Alola win went viral is going to generate more interest than another badge quest, regardless of how high the competition level is supposed to be (and much like the games I suspect the Galar league's high level of trainer skill would just be "take our word for it" in the end).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom