• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that need pre evolutions.

No Pokemon need pre-evolutions, because frankly, they're useless.

May I ask why they need pre-evos? They bring nothing special to the table other than fillers.

May I ask why they need pre-evos? They bring nothing special to the table other than fillers.
I quoted the post about Plusle and Minun on page 5 of this thread and I think pre-evos of Minun and Plusle are not needed but
If Minun and Plusle were given prevolutions I think it would be better to have one pokémon which can evolve into either of them like Tyrogue can evolve into Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop.

If Minun and Plusle were given prevolutions I think it would be better to have one pokémon which can evolve into either of them like Tyrogue can evolve into Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop.

What if this prevo had a chance of having either Plus or Minus as its ability, and that decided its evolution? :D As opposed to a stats-based evolution like the Hitmons.

I'd love a baby for Plusle/Minun. Can you imagine the concentrated cuteness that a little baby electric bunny would contain? People's eyes would bleed sugar just from looking at it! XD

I wonder what it would be called.
maybe something to do with a battery.

I wonder what it would be called.
maybe something to do with a battery.

I was thinking a name based off of the word "neutral", because positive and negative charges balance each other out, and since it can evolve either way, it's at that neutral charge.

How about "Neununny"? :D Neutral + bunny = "noo-nunny". Dunno, I think it sounds cute XD

@Infinity Mk-II

I guess I didn't clarify enough that I wouldn't mind evolutions that added to the Pokemon's back story. Mantyke is a nice example of symbiosis, while Tyrogue shows us how differential development in fighting styles lead to its evolutions (though Hitmonchan hardly ever seems that defensive, just relatively more defensive than Hitmonlee).

I'm not particularly averse to the idea, I just don't like people saying Pokemon "need" them. Really, for the most part, where people want to see things in miniature form because they can't imagine something like, a smaller Snorlax, what's needed is imagination. It's quite ridiculous if someone tries to argue that we shouldn't be required to use imagination given that we're playing a game with monsters that fit into tiny balls. Before the idea of pre-evolutions, I've never seen any children have a hard time imagining a "baby" version of big Pokemon or even legendaries.

@The Outrage
Oh, that's actually something I definitely agree on. It does get on my nerves when people keep insisting things like how Kangaskhan needs a preevolution exclusively for it to hatch rather than the evolved version.

Which is why I'm disappointed by many preevolutions that DO exist almost to just be a baby version and not to retroactively add to the line. What does Magby tell me about Magmar that the later didn't already? (Though I guess it gets away with it being from the generation that introduced breeding, so naturally they would have wanted to market that)

I guess there's something along the lines of how as videogames get more advanced less is left to the imagination... But if kids can't think of their pokemon beyond the image on the screen...

I agree with spakku.Kangaskang surely cant hatch from an egg that size!

To me, Onix seems like it should have a prevolution. I'm not even sure why, but I think it would just make sense.

I think a pre-evolution for Absol would be pretty cool. I don't know it if necessarily NEEDS a pre-evolution, but it'd be neat.

I wouldn't say any pokemon need a pre-evo, but some could benifit from it.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom