• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The file I was referring to said the following:
Each player gets 2x Koraidon and 2x Miraidon at some point, which can be traded for another player's other version Legend.
This statement is marked as confirmed, but I've never heard of that before so I though I might ask around here.
This could mean what you've said about it, but it also could mean we actually can have the opposite legendary without giving up our own in return.

Source: Scarlet Violet Leak Comp 11/12 [FINAL UPDATE] - Pastebin.com at 158
Pastebin link taken from another thread here

This would probably be a dealbreaker for me. There is nothing else in the games that replicates or replaces the experience of a good post-game battle facility and it’s the only reason I even bought games like BDSP. I can give a pass to Legends because of its different underlying formula, but it’s something I expect out of every game in this series.

I hope you’re wrong, because there’s no precedent to completely lacking a battle facility - the only main series games that do are pre-Crystal, Kanto remakes, and Legends, which was entirely its own thing. SwSh’s was kind of a joke but it was at least there. But at the same time, since we know it’s not there in the base game for Scarlet and Violet, I almost think I’d be more disappointed if it’s locked behind DLC.

I thought the ORAS no-Frontier surprise was as bad as it would get on this subject, but now I’m left to wonder if I’m going to be expected to pay $30 for my favorite feature of twenty-five previous games dating back to 2000, or whether it’s just gone.
While it’s not necessarily a dealbreaker for me, I really hope that it isn’t just a matter of “single post-game facility that could have just been in the main game is now DLC exclusive” and just a “we only held the battle facility back so we could add the full DLC roster and move sets for move tutors” or something like “the reason we waited for the DLC to give you guys a Battle Facility is because we wanted time to give you a full Battle Frontier.” If it’s only the standard facility with the base game roster and move sets, then there’s no excuse for holding it back to the DLC other than milking the consumer.
I don't think you get 2, one's probably just an unusable ride pokemon and the other one is the one you can trade and battle with.
That’s kind of disappointing. I’d rather get to battle with the one I bond with rather than get a new one (unless the implication is that the one you battle with becomes the one you end up riding through a stable time loop).

EDIT:
The file I was referring to said the following:
Each player gets 2x Koraidon and 2x Miraidon at some point, which can be traded for another player's other version Legend.
This statement is marked as confirmed, but I've never heard of that before so I though I might ask around here.
This could mean what you've said about it, but it also could mean we actually can have the opposite legendary without giving up our own in return.

Source: Scarlet Violet Leak Comp 11/12 [FINAL UPDATE] - Pastebin.com at 158
Pastebin link taken from another thread here
Huh, I stand corrected. Maybe.

Also if said source is to believe, there is another great thing mentioned on 206:
There is no limit to obtainable Paradox Pokemon.
This is also marked as confirmed. If these statements are indeed true this is a great (and overdue) improvement for collectors.

the no battles facilities thing came as a surprise to me, mostly because i figured Game Freak would keep copypasta'ing battle tower-esque clones in their games ad nauseum, but i guess even that has to come to an end at some point. s:

idk. i just hope that the post-game isn't lackluster or i'll be really disappointed. what matters to me is playing pokemon games past the main story/plot, and there has to be something to keep me stuck to it. in swsh, it was raids, because raids are fun to do with other people and you can do them over and over as you please. i hope sv has something similar?

the no battles facilities thing came as a surprise to me, mostly because i figured Game Freak would keep copypasta'ing battle tower-esque clones in their games ad nauseum, but i guess even that has to come to an end at some point. s:

idk. i just hope that the post-game isn't lackluster or i'll be really disappointed. what matters to me is playing pokemon games past the main story/plot, and there has to be something to keep me stuck to it. in swsh, it was raids, because raids are fun to do with other people and you can do them over and over as you please. i hope sv has something similar?

I imagine the Tera raids are meant to take the place of Dynamax raids; whether they’ll be as engaging remains to be seen.

My team at this point:
-Meowscarada
-Miradon
-Ceruledge
-Glimmora
-Clawitzer?
-Gardevoir -> Iron Valiant

So...

My team at this point
Quaxaval
Kilowattrel
Cetitan
Scovillain
Houndstone
Kingambit (Bisharp is one of my favorite Pokemon... so yeah... its natural its getting used by me) Te only downside is the shared Fighting weakness (Which is one of the most common types) by it and Cetitan, but at least Kilowattres and to a lesser extent Houndstone cover that.

Last edited:
I'm predicting my team will consist of Skeledirge, Kilowattrel, Revavroom, Cetitan, Toedscruel, and Water Paldean Tauros - location permitting of course.

My team is going to be Skeledirge, Tinkatel, Baxacalibur, Kilowattrel, Arboliva and Annihilape. Glimmora is still a strong contendere in place of Kilowattrel or Arboliva.

I was considering Water Paldean Tauros in place of Annihilape for type repetitions, but it appears to be exclusive to Violet.

I think my team will be:

Quaquaval
Ceruledge
Baxcalibur
Espathra
Annihilape
Lokix

Because everyone else is doing it, my team will be:

Meowscarada
Ceruledge
Farigiraf
Annihilape
Tinkaton
Garganacl/Clodsire (not sure)

Will probably have some temp members here and there

Currently I'm thinking for my team:

Quaquaval/Skeledirge
Farigiraf
Baxcalibur
Lokix
Kingambit
Flex - Likely another Water or Fire type depending on which Starter I choose.

It's not set in stone, but these are the ones I'm currently thinking of going with.

If I end up getting the game, the only thing I’m sure I want to use is Ceruledge, and I’ve been thinking about soloing the game with just one of it if possible. It would be a fun challenge that would probably dance around my concerns of losing set mode - and maybe even my concerns about over leveling if I’m careful.

There are only a few others I’d want to use, but they’re mostly Paradoxes and a “sub-legendary” (whatever that actually means) so I assume they probably won’t be on the table for early on.

I'm thinking something like this for my team:
  • Quaquaval
  • Tinkaton
  • Clodsire
  • Kilowattrel
  • Lokix
  • Scovillain/Ceruledge. At first I'm going to choose Scovillain but I came to appreciate Ceruledge more and more as time passes so I'm not entirely sure which one should I use now. Maybe I'll use one I get first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom