• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Why would Xerneas and Yveltal get new forms/megas/primals? Zygarde in complete form is suppose to be stronger than both so they shouldn't get new forms. It undermines the whole point of Complete Zygarde.
Who said they had to be stronger than complete zygarde? Don't get angry about things no one even said.

Who said they had to be stronger than complete zygarde? Don't get angry about things no one even said.
I am not angry. I don't see Xerneas and Yveltal getting a new form. I only see Zygarde's forms and maybe Volcanion as new forms of gen 6 legendary/mythical.

For all we know Complete Zygarde could have 800 BST. So there's no point complaining about potential Xerneas or Yveltal forms undermining it when we don't know how powerful it actually is. It could be Xerneas/Yveltal do get forms with +100 and move to 780 BST, but then if Zygarde Complete is something crazy like 800 it's still more powerful than them. We just don't know anything about Zygarde Complete's "powers" to start trying to shut down others ideas.

That being said, I don't want forms for them because they are fine as is imo. Xerneas is also borderline broken as it is and +100 isn't something that should be given freely to it (not that +100 was suggested, I'm just going off what Primal Groudon/Kyogre were given). But to each their own.

Edit: I suppose I should clarify that 800 is a lot and I'm not saying it will or should happen. My point is just that we don't actually know what Complete Zygarde's stats are for someone to say that Xerneas/Yveltal forms would undermine it.

Last edited:
My point is just that we don't actually know what Complete Zygarde's stats are for someone to say that Xerneas/Yveltal forms would undermine it.
Good point. If Complete Zygarde is some OP beast that can wither both Xerneas and Yveltal by simply looking at them, they'd need an upgrade of some stripe. But at this point we have no idea what Complete 'Garde's stats are, so your guess is as good as mine.

Still want a campchurch as a possible Moon Legendary but that's just me. /topic

I'm fine with Yveltal and Xerneas as they are, they are rather appealing to me for legendaries. It just wouldn't be completely out of left field to me if at some point they did receive something like a Primal form, since it seemed to me that in the past they were implied to have been more powerful or something.

Not really sure if this is real or fake. Or if this leaked before.

But this pictures come from my local online game shop. For Sun and Moon Preorder.

c5404d7ff932e0bfc494968d6ccd5734.jpg

19caf6af67dc2725fe11e7a6369592bf.jpg

Noo!!! I really hope that real... XC

We get MH real design 3 days before official announcement before. Maybe just lucky that time T.T

Those are cool though. It would have been sweet if they were real, but no dice, I guess. Thanks for keeping your eyes out for us!

Why would they use Ho-Oh and Lugia as the box mascots? You do know this is a new generation, right?

I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to use those as placeholder images.

Why would they use Ho-Oh and Lugia as the box mascots? You do know this is a new generation, right?

I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to use those as placeholder images.
I'm not sure if you realize this, but today is April Fool's Day, so people are making jokes like these pretending that obvious fakes are real.

Today is April fool after all. @lovandra, were you trying to prank us all or were you the victim of this prank?

Not really sure if this is real or fake. Or if this leaked before.

But this pictures come from my local online game shop. For Sun and Moon Preorder.

c5404d7ff932e0bfc494968d6ccd5734.jpg

19caf6af67dc2725fe11e7a6369592bf.jpg
Dat Lugia doe. Wow, that is a thing of fierce beauty; it ramps up the aquatic features and just looks awesome. I'd love for that to be a Mega.

Too bad it's probably fake. The logos look really off to me, which makes me call fake. So if you don't mind me, I'm gonna be curled up in the corner, whimpering quietly. :cry:

I'm not sure if you realize this, but today is April Fool's Day, so people are making jokes like these pretending that obvious fakes are real.

That's not an excuse. We have a Fakes topic and I wish people would make use of it instead of clogging up the other topics.

Do people really like those over designed ho oh and lugia primal fan arts?

I cringe at seeing most things like that because Pokemon are so much simpler in design and it's the simplicity that helps sell the concept in my opinion. All those bells and whistles on fanart designs just scream shock value tactics than actually well thought out design.

I hope they continue their trend of simpler legendary designs for this new gen. Other than Zygarde Complete form, they really did a fantastic job making simple yet effective designs for legendaries :D

Do people really like those over designed ho oh and lugia primal fan arts?

I cringe at seeing most things like that because Pokemon are so much simpler in design and it's the simplicity that helps sell the concept in my opinion. All those bells and whistles on fanart designs just scream shock value tactics than actually well thought out design.

I hope they continue their trend of simpler legendary designs for this new gen. Other than Zygarde Complete form, they really did a fantastic job making simple yet effective designs for legendaries :D

They don't look any more overdesigned than Mega Diancie and Mega Rayquaza to me.

They don't look any more overdesigned than Mega Diancie and Mega Rayquaza to me.
For Diancie and RayRay, there are rational behind the Mega designs such as the princess dress for Diancie and the dragon kite for RayRay. These two designs are just putting random "make ups" into the original designs and that just screams yuck. Have you ever seen those ladies who put on excessive make up? Kind of like that.

Last edited:
Yeah, we are not get Ho-oh and Lugia as mascots. The mascots are obviously gen 7 legendary pokemon. They always have current gen pokemon as mascots apart from remakes.

For Diancie and RayRay, there are rational behind the Mega designs such as the princess dress for Diancie and the dragon kite for RayRay. These two designs are just putting random "make ups" into the original designs and that just screams yuck. Have you ever seen those ladies who put on excessive make up? Kind of like that.

Just because they have certain concepts behind them doesn't mean they're not overdesigned. Mega Diancie in particular with all those unnecessary floating gems is one of my least favorite Megas. But that's just my opinion no point arguing about it. :)

Also let's not act like GF haven't added a bunch of spikes into the original design and called it a Mega before (Mega Aerodactyl and Garchomp come to mind).

For me, the design on that Lugia makes sense, since we know Lugia stays underwater most of the time. The aquatic element works for me. To me, Mega Rayquaza looks a bit over-designed to my eyes; it was as if GF added some bangles and called it good. No, I don't hate it but it was off-putting at the beginning.

Now, I'd like to know what the actual Gen VII Legends might look like. It'd be great if we got a reveal on Pokenchi or in CoroCoro. Any news would be welcomed right now.

Back
Top Bottom