• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chemical Compounds Mafia - Endgame (TBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this part in bold feels strangely expressed

4 neighbours with 1 being Mafia is possible... but do you know the elements of all the neighbours? Do we know what elements are mafia? Are you just neighbours? Do you have your own powers? (no need to tell me what they are, please...)
What was strange to you about it, if I may ask?

Well, we’re all different forms of the same molecule. I don’t know how much more I can tell you in that respect without crossing a line.

Also, about Pika suspecting the presence of an indep Neighbor, he and I were both Neighbors with an indep once, in Bulbagarden Sections Mafia, to be fair. Maybe he expected one here, too, because of the size of the Neighborhood?

HumanDawn said:
Two people asked you why you did what you did, but that was enough to get you to unvote anyway? Man, I thought we'd have our first lamb to sacrifice itself for us easily. But no, why did you unvote? What was so dumb about confirming "early"? (???)
  1. I voted for myself as my joke vote. I joke vote at the beginning of the game, like a lot of others do. It’s a thing. There was nothing serious about it.
  2. We’ve moved on from that
  3. The dumb thing abt it was that I confirmed before all the role pms were sent out. That and I was being self-critical
  4. I unvoted because I knew I would forget, and I didn’t want my joke vote to be an official end-of-the-day vote

I don't think Soulmaster is lying, at least with the claim about not dying from lynching. Either Soulmaster is actually an independent with a deathproof, or a mafia member that has a lynchproof. If Soulmaster didn't have any protection from lynches, why claim 1x deathproof when there are plenty of other options that would let players unvote.

Gonna go through the thread so far and see what I can dig up.

Confirmed.

Vote: Kyriaki

Welcome to your first TWR game.

Buddy he's been in TWR for longer than the rest of us combined :)

Confirm

I noticed the hosts did not add Soulmaster on the list in the beginning and I'm willing to believe he is Town who was thrown on the list in the last minute. I doubt the hosts would throw in an extra Mafia at us.

Here is what I see so far. MegaPod votes Cilantro for confirming first, DarthWolf questions Soulmaster for having nothing to say, Max votes Soulmaster for being absent on the list which makes him think Soulmaster is scum, AE and MegaPod both quote Soulmaster, and AE tries to start a conversation with DarthWolf. I'll be back with some thoughts when I come back.

I wouldn't use host mistakes/actions as evidence for alignment reads.

Honestly, Pod, Vote: Cilantro. I feel kinda dumb for confirming early lmao.

Why? Just means that you're eager to start which is good :)

Joke vote, we’re in RVS. I just felt kinda dumb about confirming early. Unvote: Cilantro

Don’t know what to think of Soulmaster’s opening statement. Could’ve just been early clarification for absence this phase.

I've never been a fan of self-voting, so this is a mark down from me.

On the Cilantro-topic, at least Cilantro voted

This seems odd to me. FA, you've played enough mafia to know that self-voting is literally a waste of power. Even joke votes can reveal stuff later on in certain cases.

It wouldn't be the first time I saw scum players be quiet and lurk, so I'm pretty iffy on them in general.

Town players can lurk too. Remember, this is Bulbagarden, where 50% of the town is inactive every game.

Hmm...let’s see what I can do to help.

Listen up, people. Max, Kyriaki, Soulmaster and I are all Neighbors with each other. So I’m willing to believe at least one of us is Mafia. Kyriaki still needs to answer AussieEevee, but hasn’t really done anything scummy from what I can tell. Max looks a bit undecided about his suspicions on Soulmaster, which I suppose is to be expected on Day 1. Soulmaster...he hasn’t done anything very obviously scummy yet, though it still seems like he was trying to pass his statement that was essentially “no comment” as additional content with his confirmation post. And what I try to look for when scumhunting now is mere attempts to “look Town,” as it’s the Mafia who would most care about their image. So I’ll place my real vote there.

Unvote: Cilantro
Vote: Soulmaster

This was a plausible theory and I added my vote to it because that's what I thought on my first read-through.

Do you have any thoughts on the rest of the game? All you did was come in, say confirmed, tell us you've been busy and vote for SM.

See rest of post.

I don't like that last post of yours, the reasons for your suspicions are superficial to me.

I thought that Jinjo's post was fine. What made you say this?

Okay, let's see how this goes. I'm an independent Survivor, even 1x Deathproof to help me along a little bit. So the lynching me today, will be useless other than to remove my deathproof-ness.

I don't trust it. Seems slippery.

Unvote: Soulmaster
I'd rather not take chances if there's a possibility of the lynch being wasted.

Very quick to unvote, a very jumpy action.

Spoilers: It's Kyriaki. Probably. Maybe not. We'll see.

Why Kyriaki over any of the others?

I'll stick with my vote. Hopefully the death can give us some more information.

Buddy he's been in TWR for longer than the rest of us combined :)

I'll stick with my vote. Hopefully the death can give us some more information.
Caps, you say that first part while the guy that has currently been in TWR the longest is on the chopping block, good job. first game was 6.5 years ago

Only information it will give is I wasn't lying with my role, which will come with no death.

Cilantro is voting themselves to deflect potential votes on them and not scumhunt with vote.
Or maybe just a joke vote as they claim it to be. In any case, I am not a fan of self-voting unless probably in case of a jester. Not sure whether they intended to avoid scum hunting by self voting as they would be subjected to even more questioning for such self vote.

I am finding no correlation in an independent also being a neighbour.

@Pika_pika42

As the possibility you mentioned was right, how did you come to think that an Independent could have been a neighbour?

Also, about Pika suspecting the presence of an indep Neighbor, he and I were both Neighbors with an indep once, in Bulbagarden Sections Mafia, to be fair. Maybe he expected one here, too, because of the size of the Neighborhood?

MegaPod already answered on my behalf. It's correct that in a previous game where I was in a neighbourhood; it consisted of 3 members all having different alignment (Town, Mafia, and Indep), so I pointed out the probability of an indep being in the neighbourhood.

Soulmaster claiming Survivor right after I pointed out that there could be an indep in the neighbourhood seems suspicious to me, coupled with the 1x Deathproof claim which seems unnecessary for a Survivor. I am sticking with my vote on them.

What do we do if Soulmaster flips Town then? Do we go after another neighbour for the chance of hitting one Mafia? What if they are not necessarily suspects?
There's no chance of them flipping Town now as they already claimed Survivor. Either they are lying and are Mafia or SK or they are speaking the truth and are actually a Survivor. In any case there's no apparent loss for the Town except the "no Lynch part" if SM is actually Deathproof.

I am not implying to Lynch all neighbours to catch Mafia. I was just of the opinion that SM's Lynch can give us a fair idea of the state of affairs. We shouldn't concentrate only on the neighbours but look for suspects in the game as a whole which also includes the neighbourhood based on their behaviour and also the information we gather in the night phase.

The neighbourhood is basically a group of people who may or may not share the same alignment. Understanding the neighbourhood will help us get a fair idea of the game's setup.

Very late confirm, Jokevote: DarthWolf because it is customary for me.
I will read up on the game after I've had breakfast

Unvote: Kyriaki
Vote: Jinjo

I don't like that last post of yours, the reasons for your suspicions are superficial to me.
This is pretty superficial itself and a bit OMGUS since Jinjo was saying you'd be suspicious if SM flips mafia, especially since you didn't even give a reason for why Jinjo's post seemed superficial or why you think it's a valid case against her. In fact, in the post you did this vote, I don't think you even quoted her post or made any actual comment about it beyond this. What about the post seemed scummy? It seemed like valid speculation on flips from Jinjo to me.
This seems odd to me. FA, you've played enough mafia to know that self-voting is literally a waste of power. Even joke votes can reveal stuff later on in certain cases.
In the context of the game at that time, I was saying that at least Cilantro voted at all, in contrast to Soulmaster who had a completely nothing of a post and tried to give that strange justification of "well I should be saying something, but also I have nothing to post." I'd rather see a self-vote than that.
Very late confirm, Jokevote: DarthWolf because it is customary for me.
I will read up on the game after I've had breakfast
Is now - with less than 24 hours in this phase - really the time to joke vote at all?

I thought that Jinjo's post was fine. What made you say this?

This is pretty superficial itself and a bit OMGUS since Jinjo was saying you'd be suspicious if SM flips mafia, especially since you didn't even give a reason for why Jinjo's post seemed superficial or why you think it's a valid case against her. In fact, in the post you did this vote, I don't think you even quoted her post or made any actual comment about it beyond this. What about the post seemed scummy? It seemed like valid speculation on flips from Jinjo to me.
If Soulmaster flips Mafia, then that should make jdthebud suspicious for defending Soulmaster and either TheCapsFan or Pika pika the potential third scum partner. They are both sheeping pretty hard and I learned a Mafia will bus their own scum partner to get on Towns good side. If Soulmaster flips Town, then I will have my suspicion on Kyriaki or Max.
I feel that the reasons she stated were either borrowed from someone else (me being suspicious came from Megapod) or they didn't have a strong basis for it (Kyriaki and Max simply because they are in the Nieghborhood I assume, while avoiding Megapod).

I've been busy doing good things like donating to charity and celebrating my birthday so I apologize for losing track of my role PM/forgetting about the game's start.

First off, I hope you had a happy birthday!

Secondly, what kind of sentence is this?

Why are you being so specific about what you have been doing before and during the game? You could have just said you were busy and carried on, but yet you felt the need to explain yourself more clearly so as to not potentially get into any trouble... when nobody even called you out on the inactivity or even voted you for it. I kept it simple just saying that I was abroad and busy to show that I probably won't be as active as I usually am. I didn't need to justify myself saying I am in Portugal at Lisbon. Even so, I don't think a whole day even passed since the game started, so I don't understand why you felt that you even needed to give a justification in the first place. Kyriaki didn't need to a few posts before, so why would you feel the need to? Also, how much time would donating to charity even take to justify using it as a reason?

I don't like this sentence at all... Town would not worry so much as to give such a justification, nobody even called you out. Mafia are more on edge about being lynched than Town because they are the informed minority.

I feel that the reasons she stated were either borrowed from someone else (me being suspicious came from Megapod) or they didn't have a strong basis for it (Kyriaki and Max simply because they are in the Nieghborhood I assume, while avoiding Megapod).

Seems OMGUS to me. What about the stuff about Pikapika and I?

First off, I hope you had a happy birthday!

Secondly, what kind of sentence is this?

Why are you being so specific about what you have been doing before and during the game? You could have just said you were busy and carried on, but yet you felt the need to explain yourself more clearly so as to not potentially get into any trouble... when nobody even called you out on the inactivity or even voted you for it. I kept it simple just saying that I was abroad and busy to show that I probably won't be as active as I usually am. I didn't need to justify myself saying I am in Portugal at Lisbon. Even so, I don't think a whole day even passed since the game started, so I don't understand why you felt that you even needed to give a justification in the first place. Kyriaki didn't need to a few posts before, so why would you feel the need to? Also, how much time would donating to charity even take to justify using it as a reason?

I don't like this sentence at all... Town would not worry so much as to give such a justification, nobody even called you out. Mafia are more on edge about being lynched than Town because they are the informed minority.

See Zeldathon for more information as to why I completely forgot about the game's start. No worries, there wasn't some underlying reason behind that sentence. It was just what was going on at that moment.

Only information it will give is I wasn't lying with my role, which will come with no death.

Maybe the death/lynchproof part of it, but your alignment would still be in question.

Hey Town Vigilante, if you exist, I would suggest shooting Soulmaster tonight.

Night 1 - Anticlimactic Solutions

Official Day 1 Votals - Final

Soulmaster (7) - FinalArcadia, MegaPod, TheCapsFan, Pika_pika42, Feenie, Jinjo. HumanDawn
Jinjo (1) - jdthebud
CheffOfGames (1) - AussieEevee
DarthWolf (1) - CheffOfGames

Night 1: Anticlimactic Solutions
The odd chatter outside the door had become too loud to ignore. Pikochu calmly shut his laptop and approached the door, peering through the glass slip of the door to see 15 of the War Room’s regular members outside. It must be important if they’ve come here. He peeped his head through the door.

“Is everything alright?”

DarthWolf replied, “Well, hopefully. Depends how this turns out.”

“We’ve made you and Elementar a mafia game,” MegaPod continued. “We decided to pick some chemical compounds and give them as roles to ourselves. It’s a mystery for all of us.”

“…Right. I’ll be back with you in a moment. I’ll just text Elementar,” Piko said, pointing hesitantly at his cell phone. He chuckled nervously before ducking back into his office.

“Be careful, it’s late for him,” said AussieEevee in between his yawns.

Piko was at ease in the refuge of his office. Pikachu figurines lined the highest shelf, but paled in comparison to the mountainous piles of chemistry work on the next three. He sighed, and pressed send on the text.

Now he was awake.

Wires were attached to his limbs and forehead. He felt small crackles of electricity slips through his fingers and drain out of his body. He could see the reflecting glow of an electric tube behind him, storing some of his power before sending it into what he thought would be a current.

“I see you are awake,” stated an altered voice, so disturbingly deep and foreign that the shivers Piko received from the draining seemed delicate in comparison. “I’m one of the mafia. We knocked you out with some cyclopropane.”

“That’s quite outdated. That hasn’t been used since the 1980s…”

“I’ve heard it isn’t unpleasant in inducing unconsciousness. And we don’t want to harm you. What?” The voice suddenly became a whisper, as though having a conversation with someone outside of the microphone’s range. The voice seemed to return with a sigh. “Are you feeling alright?”

“Yeah, no pain. Just feels weird.”

“Good. You’ll hopefully be out of it shortly. We wouldn’t want Elementar to fail his first trial. You two need to help some of the players find out who we are.”

“But aren’t we the hosts?”

“Shhh, that doesn’t matter. You’re needed for the puzzles.”

Meanwhile, Elementar was outside the door to the room Piko was kept in. He was frantically mumbling to himself, trying to calculate in his head how much nitroglycerin he would need to make a very small explosion. He didn’t have the time to use his fire powers to melt through, and anything stronger would overwhelm his friend inside. So, he settled for his newfound powers, and was hating every minute of calculating.

“And if we put that and that with that and try to heat that then that might work… Ugh.” Eventually, he created an extremely small sample of C3H5N3O9, barely feeling the force of the compound with his control. He slowly sent the sample towards the door’s lock with his right hand, and shuffled nervously backwards in preparation for the worst.

“I hope this works Piko…” He winced as he shot a small flame of fire from his left hand. The wisp collided with the sample of nitroglycerin, and seemed to destroy the lock with the perfect amount of force. Elementar stood there, admiring the satisfying puff the small explosion had made. But his co-host interrupted his trance.

“…You still out there?” Elementar cocked his head towards the source of the words, pulling back the door and rushing to unplug Piko from the system. The lights in the room became green as soon as the current was interrupted.

“Congratulations co-hosts. You have passed the first trial. You may now talk to the players.”

Elementar chuckled as he supported Piko to stand up. “I guess we’re hosting again?”

“Yeah. At least the players did all the work for us.”

No one has been lynched!

There's around 24 hours in Night 1. The phase will end on June 23, 2018 (Saturday) at 4pm PST Countdown Timer. Submit all night actions by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheCapsFan said:
Town players can lurk too. Remember, this is Bulbagarden, where 50% of the town is inactive every game.
Yes, but active lurking is a predominately scum trait.

I still think that Soulmaster is highly likely to be scum with the lynch not going through. While his role was proven, independent can be 1x deathproof and scum can be 1x lynchproof. Also, like Pika_pika42 said, there's the fact he claimed independent after Pika made the remark about an independent neighbor being likely... it seems off, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom