• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Wishlist Mafia - Endgame (Overrun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so swarla pointing out to Nightwing that joke voting the host is unproductive was something you thought was worth looking into, yet Nightwing's unproductive questioning is just "kind of iffy" but it's productive anyway because she asked something as it's necessary? I'm a bit lost here...

I already explained this. It was Day 1, and some time had passed. No actual good posts have been made. I tried to find something to kick off the “serious” phase. So you can see how my arguments weren’t really all that good, since all we had then was the joke votes.

You misunderstood me. I did not say Nightwing’s Day 1 posts were productive. They weren’t. But in N1 she asked you, Midorikawa and Feenie what were your thoughts on the myslynch. THAT’s what was necessary.

Yes, but it came off to me like he was stalling time. When I said he just answer both anyway, he didn't, I pressured him to answer Feenie, and you know how it went.

don't think i got an answer this... :(

What is there to say? He already replied to you. I can’t keep track of them all. Besides, I don’t recall you answering Nightwing’s question either.

You guys should lay off HD for now at least. Feenie and Midorikawa are much more alarming. HD at least had a reason to vote for him, though it was weak. While the other two:

Midorikawa: votes Max for OMGUS, but ignores Feenie’s OMGUS on Max, speaking of which...

Feenie: OMGUS on Max, her reason being “he questioned me”

VOTE: jdthebud

I don't really have much to go on here with how inactive the game is, but out of all the inactives jdthebud still hasn't posted again. We can't afford to let potential scum lurk. The others I can excuse to an extent because they're still new, but I know jdthebud is a lot more experienced than them.

Not sure I like this HD...there are like 4+ potential scum lurkers. Why jd?

Rainbow Cloud is also experienced and they haven’t posted much.

Heck, where did CheffOfGames go?

I already explained this. It was Day 1, and some time had passed. No actual good posts have been made. I tried to find something to kick off the “serious” phase.

You misunderstood me. I did not say Nightwing’s Day 1 posts were productive. They weren’t. But in N1 she asked you, Midorikawa and Feenie what were your thoughts on the myslynch. THAT’s what was necessary.

o...

in hindsight that should have been what i got from it

What is there to say? He already replied to you. I can’t keep track of them all. Besides, I don’t recall you answering Nightwing’s question either.

No, I meant to you about not saying Renato was inactive you, I think you called out Officer Snake only. i don't remember but i don't care enough to look, don't think there's anything to gain

Not sure I like this HD...there are like 4+ potential scum lurkers. Why jd?

Rainbow Cloud is also experienced and they haven’t posted much.

Heck, where did CheffOfGames go?

I already explained why?

Rainbow Cloud at least has more content than "Huh?".

I expect more from jdthebud than CheffOfGames.

If you knew it then why didn't you push for a lynch on someone else or try to convince us (those who were voting him) not to? It makes you just as responsible by association.

I did say I made a mistake in not voting. I also said in D1 that l do not think Max is scum.

Again, I'm not sure what the explaining is. Our votes are explanatory as we pretty much explained them in the past phase and they were, blatantly, proven to be a bad decision now.

That wasn't the reason I voted Max, so I'm not sure if it qualifies as an OMGUS, exactly.

Why not state what was your reason for voting Max then? Because it looks like an OMGUS to me. You said his questions AND his vote bothered you, because they almost prompt you to vote for him. (Which wasn’t the case)

o...

in hindsight that should have been what i got from it

No, I meant to you about not saying Renato was inactive you, I think you called out Officer Snake only. i don't remember but i don't care enough to look, don't think there's anything to gain

If there isn’t anything to gain, why did you quote me and say “you didn’t answer me here”

I already explained why?

Rainbow Cloud at least has more content than "Huh?".

After re-reading your post...that’s fair enough HD. ~Half of the players are inactive which really doesn’t help. He is probably going to reply though, @jdthebud any thoughts?

Vote: Feenie

If there isn’t anything to gain, why did you quote me and say “you didn’t answer me here”

I'm thinking you are more likely to be Town, so I don't think you slipped up by not mentioning Renato when you only mentioned Officer Snake.

asking somebody what's relevant/why they did what they did = "so avoidant"

What wasn't clear about what I wanted Max to answer?
Looking back on it, that was probably bad wording on my part, you weren't being avoidant I just think you were being unnecessarily harsh. I also did not like how you were so dismissing of Nightwing's questions. Just because you may have deemed them irrleevant or pointless, she obviously asked them for a reason. Although I'll give you credit for at least acknowledging them.

Sorry for being away, been busy the last couple days. I have more time now so will be catching up on the thread.
Nice to hear you have great expectations of me, lol.

Here are my thoughts about the game so far. I see the game started out with joke votes and Seth was the first person to make a serious vote on Swarla. Nightwing says it was his first time voting for the host and from previous games I have seen, they turn out scum and then he unvoted Elementar. Either he is Mafia or he is Town. Feenie has been switching votes and she questions Max. HD says Seth is Mafia and Seth notices that HD avoided Midori's random vote on him and then Seth says he does not like Feenie's vote on Max and he also did not like how Cheff voted himself.

I think Seth is Town for being observant. Cheff joke voted himself and then he says he's not a huge fan of joke votes and no one has caught his eye. Not sure what to think of him. Either he is Town or he is Mafia who doesn't want to get noticed by the other Town players. Max votes himself and refers to himself as the ninja because of his Greninja avatar and votes Feenie because she voted for Cheff for jokevoting himself and asks why she vote Cheff and not Max when they both jokevote themselves. I'm going to guess Max is Town for questioning Feenie about why voting Cheff and not for him earlier.
The lone post by Jinjo. She thought maybe she was killed because her thoughts were good...but I'm not seeing much here to build on, unfortunately. It rambles on and on and I the only real reads shes has are town reads...not very useful I think.

Now a focus on the votes for Max:
Feenie told me to disregard the question she (?) asked me, but she asked me two questions. So I do wanna know which one I actually disregard.

I really like Seth Rollins and Feenie's replies. Not a fan of the votes on Feenie at all, honestly Max1996's posts are the most questionable.

Yes... and I'll ask again...

Why not answer both anyway?

VOTE: Max1996
HD votes Max for what he sees as avoidance, a classic scum tell. I don't see any problem here at all, especially since I see it more as a pressure vote than anything else.
Fine.

1. Because I did essentially the same thing, yet you focused more on Cheff.
2. Nothing stood out to me in that post, but now on the other hand...

Unvote: Feenie
Vote: HumanDawn

Seriously, what was the point of all that, HD?
The response from Max seems a bit defensive to me, and I understand why HD didn't unvote Max here, especially after the retaliatory vote from Max.

I would if I was scum just because people think mafia would never do that.

1) there’s not much to talk about so Feenie talking about one of the most major things more than others isn’t a strange thing.
2) Either Feenie And I are scumlovers or my vote was just too obviously a joke, and clearly not worth talking about. Meh definitely the former.

I won’t be super active with this game because of buses, sleep, and work. And Mondays are extra busy so while I saw some posts, I had no time to respond because life requires money.

No one did the same thing as Cheff. Cheff’s was very unique.

So OMGUS? Seriously what’s your reasoning against HD.

Since max seems buddy buddy with Cheff, and his reasoning on HD is just so over the top.

Unvote: HumanDawn
Vote: max1996

Now assuming work is slow enough, I can pop on later as well.
Mido's vote here is also understandable, I actually get why Max was lynched. If I had been around I probably would have voted for him too.

Mido, don't get your view that Max seemed buddy buddy with Cheff. I don't really see that, where'd that come from?

I don’t think Max is scum...I’m using meta here but having played with him as scum recently, his scum persona is way too different.

I really didn’t like the OMGUS tho...

So Max, let’s say HD voted you with flimsy reasoning. You just did the same thing.

I’m going to assume Max is an independent for now. Max can you try to defend yourself better? What did you find about HD suspicious and how is it flimsy reasoning?

I liked Midorikawa’s post, but it’s not enough to make any judgements for now.

And finally, although My suspicions against Feenie aren’t 100% gone, I think it’s better to keep her alive for now.

Unvote: Feenie

Need to say something else. Officer Snake doesn’t speak at all. You know Red in the Pokémon video games? “...” Yep, that’s him. That’s dangerous, even if he’s town. Keep an eye out for him.
I don't get why you though Max was independent? Also, what's your take on Feenie now? I see you are voting for her, what's the reason?

I would've taken my vote off earlier if I'd thought I was wrong - obviously I was wrong, but before being revealed he was town, I thought he was most worthy of a vote. I'm not sure what else there is to say regarding the subject.
There's plenty to say I think. Why was Max the most worthy? Avoiding the question seems to be a common theme in this game....

I think Feenie is the most suspicious right now.

[Vote] Feenie

It's obvious that I've been suspicious of Mido, Feenie and HumanDawn since the start of the game hence why I've been asking them seemingly pointless questions to try and stuff them up (if they are in fact Mafia), so that's my reasoning for some what targeting them so far.
Midorikawa: hasn't been active enough in the game to be able to warrent a vote on them ATM (or at least I believe we should leave them be for now until we know more about them).

HumanDawn: I'm not going to lie, I was the most suspicious of you as you seemed to be constantly avoiding my questions. However you do have some good ideas and are seeming less scummy now that i think about it more.

That leaves....

Feenie: You seem to know what you're saying and you have a way with words that i don't particularly trust (In the last mafia game I was in the last Mafia member was also extremely persuasive, and yes I understand that Feenie, you weren't this member BUT it has made me more wary of players who have a way with words).

I also feel as though at least one scum is chosing to be inactive. Is it usual for Scum to sometimes be inactive? Is it a sort of strategic play? Is there more chance that Mafia would be active to try and control the game?

Regardless, even if some mafia are inactive, it would be tricky to convict them as we know all but nothing about them at this point apart from a few posts here and there.
@CheffOfGames @Rainbow Cloud @Midorikawa @Officer Snake do you have reasons for being so inactive thus far?

@Renato_Sinclair I know you're new to the game and I highly doubt that in a player's FIRST ever game they'd be given the scum role. I believe Renato to be town so far based of this.

Seth and Swarla are giving me overall town vibes thus far. The fact that Seth tried to somewhat defend Max and was the only person (out of four votes) to not vote for Max PLUS they have been one of the most active players so far, leads me to believe they're town at htis point. Swarla as well has been very active and has some good points, so i don't think she is scum at this point either.

jdthebud, even though you've been inactive you said you have a reason and now you've started to contribute things to the chat. This is good.

At the moment, my gut is telling me that Feenie is most likely scum from the active group. I'm going to go with my gut.

Vote: Feenie

Last edited:
It's obvious that I've been suspicious of Mido, Feenie and HumanDawn since the start of the game hence why I've been asking them seemingly pointless questions to try and stuff them up (if they are in fact Mafia), so that's my reasoning for some what targeting them so far.
that's good, asking questions helps with generating reads.
I also feel as though at least one scum is chosing to be inactive. Is it usual for Scum to sometimes be inactive? Is it a sort of strategic play? Is there more chance that Mafia would be active to try and control the game?

Regardless, even if some mafia are inactive, it would be tricky to convict them as we know all but nothing about them at this point apart from a few posts here and there.
Overall, inactivity benefits the mafia team, since then the town can't coordinate as well, and/or mafia can lead mislynches with less opposition. More activity is usually helpful for generating reads and can really help the town detect mafia, especially later in the game when more alignments are known. So lurking is a strategy that scum players do use, which is why as town we need to proactive about drawing players into the game.
@Renato_Sinclair I know you're new to the game and I highly doubt that in a player's FIRST ever game they'd be given the scum role. I believe Renato to be town so far based of this.
That's not a good reason to townread someone since alignments are randomly generated. In the case of a new player joining a scum team, they would have some help form their teammates. I do think his first post shows he is a confused townie, but it's hard to say with any conviction.
Seth and Swarla are giving me overall town vibes thus far. The fact that Seth tried to somewhat defend Max and was the only person (out of four votes) to not vote for Max PLUS they have been one of the most active players so far, leads me to believe they're town at htis point. Swarla as well has been very active and has some good points, so i don't think she is scum at this point either.
Agreed, especially on Seth. He's giving off the most townie vibes to me, though it's mostly because the questions and comments he's posting show a focus on scumhunting. Swarla I'm less convinced of, especially since they haven't voted for anybody so far, but her posts come across as genuine conversation, which I like.

That's not a good reason to townread someone since alignments are randomly generated.
I completely understand like I know there is a percentage chance that she is mafia, I was just saying that I believe the likelihood of her being scum is substantially less than others ATM. If she is mafia then I will be extremely surprised.

swarla said:
It probably means nothing and is just a coincidence but I find it interesting that you mentioned Jnjo right before they were night killed.
If this is an insinuation that you think I'm mafia - and I NK'ed Jinjo - I'm not entirely sure what good it would do me to have bothered questioning Jinjo like that or bring attention to myself by having done so. Ultimately it would have done nothing.

@Seth Rollins
Me from D1 said:
Like you said in strikethrough there's not much else to say at the moment besides question Seth on his random Jinjo vote that didn't have any explanation added to it. Although something else that sort of bothers me now, while thinking on it, is Max's question to me along with the vote added. Why question me on why I didn't vote him (especially when I clarified my reasoning in my initial post) and almost prompt me to vote him?
That was my big problem with him along with his oddly defensive-nearly-bordering-buddy behavior toward Cheff. It wasn't just because he voted me. I wasn't going to vote him due to that.

I'm going to just go ahead and claim even though I really didn't want to. I'm a Modified Pumpkin and I can choose to kill someone each night. It has a 25% chance of working. It has a 100% chance of working, however, if that person is a dragon/demon/god figure.

I'll have more thoughts to come but I'm rushing since class is coming up and I wanted to get my claim out there.

@jdthebud You barely said anything about me in your post yet claimed that I was the most suspicious? I get the feeling you're trying to go for an easy lynch by hopping onto a wagon and slipping under the radar. I'm not sure I like it.

jdthebud said:
There's plenty to say I think. Why was Max the most worthy? Avoiding the question seems to be a common theme in this game....
You were explaining in your post how you could understand why Max was lynched, and yet you ask this question - which doesn't make sense to me. I haven't been 'avoiding' any question and I'm unsure how it even appears that way. Max was overly defensive of Cheff, there was a severe lack of content D1 making it difficult to get much out of a person's posts in the first place, and lastly, as I've already mentioned - if others assumed he was town then a different lynch prospect could've been brought up or at the very least argued his innocence.

Catching up on the thread right now.
Any thoughts?

2) He didn’t defend himself or clarify anything, and considering it was day one, it wasn’t as though we had much to work with.

So we lynched town. That sucks. Will it majorly hurt us? No. We’ll survive and now we’ve gained some info so it’s not a complete loss.
I agree with the point that's it's not a complete loss and mislynches happen on the 1st day but you've played with Max before and know he can play like this as town, kind of thought you may have tried to push him to defend himself more than seemingly dismiss all doubt about lynching him?

@CheffOfGames @Rainbow Cloud @Midorikawa @Officer Snake do you have reasons for being so inactive thus far?
I'm usually less active in the early phases of game and become more active as the game progresses.

I'm going to just go ahead and claim even though I really didn't want to. I'm a Modified Pumpkin and I can choose to kill someone each night. It has a 25% chance of working. It has a 100% chance of working, however, if that person is a dragon/demon/god figure.
Did you target anyone during night 1?

Getting townie vibes from Seth, Nightwing and Feenie at the moment, they all seem to be active and trying to scumhunt. Kind of suspicious of Mido at the moment, felt her vote on Max just looked like jumping on the bandwagon near the end of the day to push through an easy lynch. Not really sure about HD, Cheff and the others, null reads on them at the moment.

@jdthebud You barely said anything about me in your post yet claimed that I was the most suspicious? I get the feeling you're trying to go for an easy lynch by hopping onto a wagon and slipping under the radar. I'm not sure I like it.

You were explaining in your post how you could understand why Max was lynched, and yet you ask this question - which doesn't make sense to me. I haven't been 'avoiding' any question and I'm unsure how it even appears that way. Max was overly defensive of Cheff, there was a severe lack of content D1 making it difficult to get much out of a person's posts in the first place, and lastly, as I've already mentioned - if others assumed he was town then a different lynch prospect could've been brought up or at the very least argued his innocence.
My question was because I understood HD and Mido's reasons for voting him, but not yours. I didn't see you explicitly say why you thought Max was most worthy, so I wanted to get your reason for voting for Max.
If this is an insinuation that you think I'm mafia - and I NK'ed Jinjo - I'm not entirely sure what good it would do me to have bothered questioning Jinjo like that or bring attention to myself by having done so. Ultimately it would have done nothing.

@Seth Rollins

That was my big problem with him along with his oddly defensive-nearly-bordering-buddy behavior toward Cheff. It wasn't just because he voted me. I wasn't going to vote him due to that.

I'll have more thoughts to come but I'm rushing since class is coming up and I wanted to get my claim out there.
That's a very interesting role claim. If you are mafia you're being very creative. I'll believe it for now though since I doubt scum would come up with a fake claim as specific as this.

If you are town, then who are you suspicious of right now?

[Unvote] Feenie

Midorikawa: hasn't been active enough in the game to be able to warrent a vote on them ATM (or at least I believe we should leave them be for now until we know more about them).
I’m a strong independent scumlord who enjoys naughty romance novels and games with sexy long haired gentleman. Good food, books, and Brock O’Hurn are the ways to my heart. :p
do you have reasons for being so inactive thus far?
Yes. My mom is currently in the hospital. So I am taking the bus to 9 hour shifts at work. And I’ve been busy at work especially being we are doing interviews so I have a higher work load. I can’t spend as much time as I’d like checking stuff on my phone on the bus because I need battery power in case of any emergencies with Mom. Thus I’m limited in my time on the phone with bus time. If work is slow I’m able to check, but as I said it’s been a busy work week this week. And at home, I literally eat, walk my dogs, and sleep because I’m leaving early in the morning and getting home late since bus schedules suck here. I am checking more often than it seems, but I can’t always post at those times.
You seem to know what you're saying and you have a way with words that i don't particularly trust (In the last mafia game I was in the last Mafia member was also extremely persuasive, and yes I understand that Feenie, you weren't this member BUT it has made me more wary of players who have a way with words).
I wouldn’t use that experience to judge so recklessly. Any mafia player should be able to talk smoothly regardless of alignment. It’s an important skill for town to get people to follow their lynches, and for mafia to not get lynched.
Some mafia will lurk to stay under the radar. Some have no issue being active and in the limelight. Heck human pointed out earlier that I do that. It really depends on the player. There are players who are just naturally inactive regardless of alignment.

I know you're new to the game and I highly doubt that in a player's FIRST ever game they'd be given the scum role. I believe Renato to be town so far based of this.
.....roles are RNGed. So that means nothing about alignment.
agree with the point that's it's not a complete loss and mislynches happen on the 1st day but you've played with Max before and know he can play like this as town, kind of thought you may have tried to push him to defend himself more than seemingly dismiss all doubt about lynching him?

Doubt? Who was doubting and pushing for another lynch? No one. And I don’t waste time either. I may have played with max and seen him play as such as town, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t be mafia. I haven’t played with him as mafia, and I’ve seen players who’s scum and town play is very similar.

To answer some other questions I remember posed to me: I had read some of the thread Monday and collected some posts on lunch. Ether Feenies was read during that time, or the next day when I finished up the post. But either way it didn’t read as an OMGUS to me. Otherwise I would have had it in my collection.

And I didn’t vote max just for his vote on human. It was also his responses and lack of them, though I didn’t make that clear so that’s a fault on my part. I also chose him because he had two votes. He was suspicious enough and voting someone else and just letting the phase end in a tie wasn’t enough for me. There was too much lack of information for that, and I wanted more. I just didn’t expect such a lack of anything after that.

Also it was the way Max defended Cheff. It seemed a bit vehemently in its approach, and Was grasping at straws.

If I missed any other questions then I’ll answer them if they’re re-asked, because thread digging is currently difficult for me until the weekend when I’ll be home for at least a little.

I’ll be on when I can during work though for now I’m off. Today is a more important battery day for me as I’m expecting an important call from Mom.

Rainbow Cloud said:
Did you target anyone during night 1?
Yes, I targeted Cheff. It didn't work, which must mean he isn't a dragon/demon/god.

jdthebud said:
If you are town, then who are you suspicious of right now?
I can say who I find the most town at the moment, but I need to look into the prior phase's posts a tad more before answering your actual question. Seth seems town to me. He's being active and trying to scumhunt effectively, albeit he's been having a bit of tunnel-vision but nonetheless. Cheff would be another person but that's only due to what I've gotten from my ability.

Officer Snake's latest post is a bit weird, but I can't tell if it's due to him being new to mafia or not. However, I've played two games with him - and in one specifically I've seen more active scum-hunting and wonder if this is a red-flag or perhaps I'm looking for something that just isn't there due to the general inactivity of the game.

Officer Snake's latest post is a bit weird, but I can't tell if it's due to him being new to mafia or not. However, I've played two games with him - and in one specifically I've seen more active scum-hunting and wonder if this is a red-flag or perhaps I'm looking for something that just isn't there due to the general inactivity of the game.
I also played with him in Pokemon vs Digimon Mafia and although he was pretty quiet like this during day 1 he did do well in his role as town leader once he was confirmed as town, this was with ME and Elie helping though. Kind of have the feeling that he could have contributed more here and may be holding back from giving reads and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom