• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps in the anime a trainer or someone from the Galar Region would appear, a new Galar Region pokemon, or it could be a surprise.

Hey, guys, I have some juicy news for you.

I don't have friends at Nintendo, but my best friend's second best friend's third best friend knows a guy, who happens to walk Shigeru Ohmori's dog.

He says we are getting only 50 new Pokémon this time, but also 50 new Regional Variants, to make up for the small number of new Pokémon. All of them are for Kanto Pokémon, by the way.

Also, the Villain Team is called Team Steam (probably, because of the Steampunk motif of Galar), and their goal is to convince every trainers in Galar that they should quit training Pokémon, because Pokémon are a menace for humans.

The region's Professor is called James Oak, and is a second cousin of Professor Oak, and Professor Samson Oak.

That's all I was told.

Oh, and we are going back to Kanto in the postgame.

Last edited:
Hey, guys, I have some juicy news for you.

I don't have friends at Nintendo, but my best friend's second best friend's third best friend knows a guy, who happens to walk Shigeru Ohmori's dog.

He says we are getting only 50 new Pokémon this time, but also 50 new Regional Variants, to make up for the small number of new Pokémon. All of them are for Kanto Pokémon, by the way.

Also, the Villain Team is called Team Steam (probably, because of the Steampunk motif of Galar), and their goal is to convince every trainers in Galar that they should quit training Pokémon, because Pokémon are a menace for humans.

The region's Professor is called James Oak, and is a second cousin of Professor Oak, and Professor Samson Oak.

That's all I was told.

Oh, and we are going back to Kanto in the postgame.
YASSS REAL LEAKS!! HYPE HYPE HYPE!!

I have something for you

Grookeys final evolution is Grass/Rock, Scorbunny remains pure Fire the whole way through and Sobble's evolution is Water/Psychic
The regional bird is a Normal/Flying type, which upon evolving, turns into a Steel/Flying type
The regional rodent is Normal, but has a split evolution based on gender in the last stage. The female becomes Normal/Fighting and the male Normal/Fairy
The regional Bug is Bug/Ghost
The region is heavily culture based, with each gym focusing on another part of English culture.
Mega Evolution isn't a thing this region. We get it and Z-Moves post-game though.
The history between Galar and Kalos is referenced, but we won't travel to Kalos Post-game
You can re-challenge gyms post-game and their is a battle type tournament in the big tower in the big walled off city, where you can challenge characters off past regions in single, double and triple battles No rotation battles though. Most of those characters come from Kalos and Unova and some are gym leaders.
First gym is Grass, the second one is Water and the third gym is Fire in the steampunk city. From their, you go North to the gym in the icy area above the water gym. This is a Dark type gym.
Galarian Forms are a thing and are mainly focused on Johto mons:
Stantler becomes Normal/Psychic
Ursaring is a Fighting type
Skarmory becomes pure Steel
Water/Steel type Remoraid and Octillery
Eevee gets three new Eeveelutions: Ground, Steel and Bug
The E4 uses Electric, Psychic, Rock and Ice. The Champion is a Steel type user
This regions professor focuses on Pokemon history and Pokemon Culture.
The main legendary is a wolf with a Sword and a Shield form. The wolf in Pokemon Shield has the Sword form and vice versa.
One evil team, who focuses on Innovation and is led by the Fire gym leader, but you don't find that out until later in the story.

If we don't get much more fake leaks by the end of today. We still got that Apr 10th 11th trailer rumor to fall back on. And even if that's false Corocoro is still coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom