• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This implies that there will be Go and Let's Go compatibility with SS.

Not necessarily. The GO plus is perfectly functional without GO.
(Even though I still think Go app transfers can happen in SS)

I just wonder how they’ll handle it with only Kanto Pokemon. It’d feel weird to restrict it to Kanto mons in a game with Pokemon from every generation.

I just wonder how they’ll handle it with only Kanto Pokemon. It’d feel weird to restrict it to Kanto mons in a game with Pokemon from every generation.

Exactly. This is why it feels unlikely to happen.

I'm not sure if they're actually programmed with more pokemon in it, but I feel if there were, many more sounds would've been hacked from the device in some way. But if not, it's more than possible

I'm not sure if they're actually programmed with more pokemon in it, but I feel if there were, many more sounds would've been hacked from the device in some way. But if not, it's more than possible
Yeah. I don't think that they would restrict it to Kanto only in a game with Pokemon of every generation.

I was going to question this- has anyone actually hacked the device to determine how many sounds are installed or if more couldn't easily be uploaded?

Anyone else want a Pokemon pro controller with SwoSh? I hope they have pro controller compatibility with this one, even though pokemon has never really used that many buttons..

Starters evolution leaked

This is it. The generation 8 mechanic we’ve been waiting for
Sick of those annoying details and accents on your Pokemon? Customization just got way more expansive- now you can just remove whichever design elements don't suit your fancy! Sand off those rough edges and reduce any Pokemon you choose to a more streamlined, simplified version of itself! You can even keep going, until it's just a featureless sphere!

View: https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/1112760843211550721

"
live action sequence showing a teenager with archaeologist clothes, visiting stonehenge by car
starts analysing the monuments with magnifying glass, as suddenly earth begins shaking and stairs leading down appear in circle around the monuments
he enters it and lights a torch reaching eventually a door made of stone
as he opens and enters it, he sees the same stonehenge monuments as outside, but in their original form, even having symbols and markings carved in to them
torch is being hold to one in the center, revealing two carvings of wolves, one on left stone, one on the right

image zooms into carvings, as an animation starts
first animation shows off light blue wolf howling on top of high mountains, as he then starts running down and freezing the ground with every step he takes
jump to other animation showing off dark red wolf stepping out of cave and starting to growl. Begins running on grass terrain and burning everything down he touches

cut to logos
continues with ingame graphics showing starters, where a female professor presents them to trainer
while sobble hides behind the professor‘s feets, grookey jumps on her head and scorbunny is seen running around
cut to each starter shown off in battle each attacking another starter
cut to many trainer scenes
trainer looking out of train window as it starts the ride, cut to inside being challenged to battle
next scene showing trainer running past dugtrio monuments and moving on to grass with an pokemon appearing
new hedgehog pokemon with with silver spikes on back named Stellog
another one shown, a squirrel with a green belt aroung body, named Nutrel
another scene shows trainer running through harbor town, visiting market stands by night
cut to trainer shown in a huge library, walking aroung on second floor
final cut showing trainer approaching gates of dragon town

trailer ends with boxarts picturing wolves
"

Ooh! Since it's April Fools, I can go ahead and share this fake I posted a while back that spelled "never gonna give you up" if you read the first letter of each line.

It even got deleted, so you know it's legit!

He does leak on subjects other than Pokemon, though, doesn't he? He might not even be talking about Pokemon.

continues with ingame graphics showing starters, where a female professor presents them to trainer
while sobble hides behind the professor‘s feets, grookey jumps on her head and scorbunny is seen running around
cut to each starter shown off in battle each attacking another starter
cut to many trainer scenes
This is just a repeat of the announcement trailer tbh.

first animation shows off light blue wolf howling on top of high mountains, as he then starts running down and freezing the ground with every step he takes
jump to other animation showing off dark red wolf stepping out of cave and starting to growl. Begins running on grass terrain and burning everything down he touches
Yep, the most prominent element of the Sword and Shield legendaries is a Fire/Ice duality. Nothing weird about that at all.

From what I've gathered, the Poke Ball Plus downloads some LED data (for the color) and WAV files from LGPE whenever a Pokemon is transferred (while the actual Pokemon data remains in LGPE but isn't usable until the "transfer" is reversed). It could easily be compatible with SwSh and future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom