• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want from the next game: A Mega Stone case or something. Or at least a separate part in the bag for evolution stones/mega stones

This is one of my biggest complaints currently - the bag inventory is a mess. The "main" section just causes you to scroll for ages because everything is dumped there. It needs work (maybe this is more relevant to Gen VII tho idk).

A Mega Stone pouch would work wonders in making it easier to access, navigate and just reduce clutter. There's nearly 50 stones now and that's around the same amount of berries there are (55 or something iirc?) and berries are in their own separate section!

Especially if some Mega Stones can't be found in Kalos at all.

Speaking of this I'm wondering how they'll explain new Mega Stones showing up in Kalos? This is assuming that they decide to introduce more new Mega Evolutions in the next games and that they also take place in Kalos.

Since XY presumably takes place after ORAS, I don't think working them in would be very difficult.

Pike Queen Lucy said:
I've trampled flowers and braved storms to get to where I am...

Battle Frontier Confirmed

If GF adds the Hoenn BF in Kalos, after not including it in freakin HOENN, because "players wouldn't have appreciated it"... Masuda better have bodygards... There would be angry hoenners like myself jumping at him at every corner. I have bearly achieved to temper myself about the BF not being in the game but if his statement was a lie, he better emigrate to Unova... Lol

I do feel he was serious though, so I doubt he would do this nasty move to ORAS fans. But they will probably have the PWT in Kalos instead, and I don´t know how is that easier or more appreciated than the Frontier... LOL

Last edited:
A concern I have with mega stones is that the more & more megas we add, the more stones we're going to need. We could eventually end up with literally hundreds, in future gens. I'm not sure how that would really fit in terms of in-game distribution. ORAS mega stone distribution felt a bit all over the place imo. Literally finding Alakazamite in the middle of Slateport market was a bit underwhelming.

I suppose an answer to this would be to have a single item called a 'mega stone' that would be universal and allow any pokemon who is capable of mega evolving to do so while holding the stone. Or type-reliant mega stones that function based upon the Pokemon's primary typing. Although that may be a bit complicated for children. Hmm.

Pokemon World Tournament doesn't seem to be an option tbh, as they haven't remade Sinnoh and Unova yet. Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos's Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and Champion's have been seen in the Megaverse. Johto's will probably follow Kanto, so all we need is for them is to remake Sinnoh and Unova at some point. OR/AS implied that the Battle Frontier will be in the next games, at least that's the way I saw it.

All I want from the next game: A Mega Stone case or something. Or at least a separate part in the bag for evolution stones/mega stones

This is one of my biggest complaints currently - the bag inventory is a mess. The "main" section just causes you to scroll for ages because everything is dumped there. It needs work (maybe this is more relevant to Gen VII tho idk).

A Mega Stone pouch would work wonders in making it easier to access, navigate and just reduce clutter. There's nearly 50 stones now and that's around the same amount of berries there are (55 or something iirc?) and berries are in their own separate section!

Yeah, I was thinking of that. The Mega Stones really should have their own bag slot.

Last edited:
So, does anyone think that we will get an Episode in the post game like ORAS?

Pokemon World Tournament doesn't seem to be an option tbh, as they haven't remade Sinnoh and Unova yet.

Did a lack of remake stop them when they put the Hoenn Leaders and Champions into the PWT in BW2?

Did a lack of remake stop them when they put the Hoenn Leaders and Champions into the PWT in BW2?

No, but on the other hand, redoing one region's set of leaders is a lot less work than redoing four regions'. The PWT, like the Walking Pokémon feature in HGSS, was serendipitous because a lot of the necessary material already existed for the purposes of other features.

Pokemon World Tournament doesn't seem to be an option tbh, as they haven't remade Sinnoh and Unova yet.

Technically in the protoverse remakes just overided the gens, so if we had no remakes, the canon technically would be gen1-5 straight, not gen 3-5 alone.
So, does anyone think that we will get an Episode in the post game like ORAS?
Post league episodes are essential now I think so yeah. Considering a Volcanion or Hoopa Episode, involving the other legendary, having availability akin to GS for the box legends.
A concern I have with mega stones is that the more & more megas we add, the more stones we're going to need. We could eventually end up with literally hundreds, in future gens. I'm not sure how that would really fit in terms of in-game distribution. ORAS mega stone distribution felt a bit all over the place imo. Literally finding Alakazamite in the middle of Slateport market was a bit underwhelming.

I suppose an answer to this would be to have a single item called a 'mega stone' that would be universal and allow any pokemon who is capable of mega evolving to do so while holding the stone. Or type-reliant mega stones that function based upon the Pokemon's primary typing. Although that may be a bit complicated for children. Hmm.
I think the conclusipn to this gen will also bring about a change. Like, if mega stones is a physical manifestation and build up of infinite energy, I can guess they can work up a plot thread where Pokemon now have an ingrained store for infinite energy which allows them to mega without will. Also can be excused for not all Pokemon having it by creating a way to trace the ability throguh a megadex.

It didn't, but Gen 3-5 and Gen 6 (and beyond?) are two different universes, so the character designs might be different for some characters. Kanto's Gym Leaders and Champion haven't changed, so the same will probably happen to Johto. Both of those stories have been remade before, so they probably see no need to remake the story and redesign the characters for a second time, at least according to Origins. Hoenn and Kalos's Gym Leaders and Champions have been shown. Hoenn's was redesigned except for a few iirc.

We didn't really need one for Hoenn in Gen 5 as it was the same universe, but now that Mega Evolution is a thing and we're in a different universe, we do need the remakes of Sinnoh and Unova in this case.

Last edited:
This is rather silly but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I was recently thinking what they could call sequels to X & Y and this is what I thought of... Pokémon XZequel and Pokémon YZequel.

The names probably sound a little weird but I was trying to think outside the box.

Last edited:
Pokemon World Tournament doesn't seem to be an option tbh, as they haven't remade Sinnoh and Unova yet. Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos's Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and Champion's have been seen in the Megaverse. Johto's will probably follow Kanto, so all we need is for them is to remake Sinnoh and Unova at some point. OR/AS implied that the Battle Frontier will be in the next games, at least that's the way I saw it.

Yeah, I was thinking of that. The Mega Stones really should have their own bag slot.

Im quite convinced that Masuda isn't using the BF after stating that players dont make use of such difficult features anymore, since they have a lot of means of entertainment. If this turns out to be a plain excuse for not finishing it in time for ORAS, a lot of people will get mad you know... So I think he was serious and thinks that seven facilitied and same amount of aces, ALL in 3D etc is a lot of hard work for a small portion of fans interested in it. It surprises me that fans wouldn't want the Frontier, but hey, maybe it's true, and not just lame excuses from GF...

Last edited:
He does have a point that it was hard. I personally never achieved a symbol/print. Mainly because I just used my ingame team, not a competitive one.
But I still enjoyed playing all the different formats. I'm not a competitive player, but I still enjoyed it.

I think a simple fix would be to replace streaks with a cumulative total score. Don't make me win 20/50 matches in a row, before I can face the Brain/Chatelaine make me win a total of 50 or 100. Still make the matches tough and competitive leaning, but don't make me start from scratch for losing one match.

He does have a point that it was hard. I personally never achieved a symbol/print. Mainly because I just used my ingame team, not a competitive one.
But I still enjoyed playing all the different formats. I'm not a competitive player, but I still enjoyed it.

I think a simple fix would be to replace streaks with a cumulative total score. Don't make me win 20/50 matches in a row, before I can face the Brain/Chatelaine make me win a total of 50 or 100. Still make the matches tough and competitive leaning, but don't make me start from scratch for losing one match.
In the first paragraph you describe the BF and in the second paragraph you describe the Maison: which facility do you say something s hard? Or both? Personally, I think the Maison is slightly easier than the Frontier and definitely more suitable for competitive battles preparation.

PD I got all seven silver symbols that in the Fronter, but the gold ones were just too hard for a guy who had no idea about IVs and competitive back then.

I'm talking about all the streak based post game format really.

Its just so disheartening to see all your work flushed away if you lose once. To then have to start again building this long chain only to see it broken. I just don't have the patience. But Mr Masuda that doesn't mean I don't enjoy experiencing all the different creative formats. And no I don't count double battles and triple battles creative formats

I'm talking about all the streak based post game format really.

Its just so disheartening to see all your work flushed away if you lose once. To then have to start again building this long chain only to see it broken. I just don't have the patience. But Mr Masuda that doesn't mean I don't enjoy experiencing all the different creative formats. And no I don't count double battles and triple battles creative formats

Well, rotation Battles I do find to be creative, they could have easily have been a separate facility in Emerald. However, the best solution would be to just have the current Maison as one of the seven Battle Frontier buildings in stead of the Tower. But that is just useless effort in the eyes of GF. At least the new Super Secret Base Battles kinda make it up for that at least in quantity...

@Azuro; Except the streak is part of the challenge. If it was just based on cumulative score you could just grind the easy battles to get to the Frontier Brain and that wouldn't be very fair or fun.

The only thing I didn't like about the Battle Frontier format was that you had to do it in groups of 7 battles which was completely unintuitive. Frontier Brain? What Frontier Brain? You've cleared the facility, have a nice day! No indication that you have to go back and go through it again to continue your streak. But they rectified that with the Battle Maison in XY, so there's no problem there.

@Azuro; Except the streak is part of the challenge. If it was just based on cumulative score you could just grind the easy battles to get to the Frontier Brain and that wouldn't be very fair or fun.

They could just make all the battles challenging then!! Lol I'm also not a huge fan of streak based facilities, but it seems a lot of people like them. I wouldn't b against something that's a bit more of a highbreed or the 2. The battle frontier had interesting characters and story and the battle masion didn't, but u could stop anytime. I'd b good if there was a battle frontier that u could stop any time, but also maybe had facilities that didn't force u to streak win as much.

Last edited:
Guys...

AZ planted a damn tree in Sootopolis in front of the Cave of Origins. You know what's on that tree? Flowers.

Flowers...

Pokémon: DaVinci Code

You need to stop being so amazingly flawless with all your posts and making me use up all my likes. :p

I'd love something akin to the badge case. Designated slots for each Mega Stone, with all the names of the stones blacked out until receiving one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom