• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

Hello!

An introduction: Hi, I'm speedchuck. I'm an author, programmer, preacher, voice actor, and soon-to-be father. In mafia games, I often play as the 'voice of reason'. Then I get excited over something, spam the thread, sound too desperate, and get lynched.
Also I'm bad waaaay too often, but that isn't the case this game! ;)

I am very new to his forum, so I think it'd be cool if we all introduced ourselves while it's still early game. Yeah?
And, for that matter, what is the mafia atmosphere like here? Semi-serious? Goofy? Small interest, small games, large post counts, what?

-

JJJ and Sloonei are two of the best players where I come from. JJJ especially is good at forcing the conversation forward in the thread until scum are forced out of hiding by the rampant activity. This playstyle can be annoying (which I'm only comfortable saying because he's already said it) but he's a nice fellow who just likes to win. Oblige him or don't, but just know where he's coming from. :p

TL;DR
Hi, I'm new, introduce yourselves to me please, JJJ and Sloonei are fine bois

First of all, congratulations!

Secondly, welcome to Bulbagarden, my name is Calvin and i'm also bad "waaaay" too often. Guess we gotta change that this game :p

And of course, welcome to everyone else who has joined for this game :)

Day One Start
  1. @JaggedJimmyJay
  2. @Sloonei
  3. @Ereshkigal
  4. @Max1996
  5. @novaselinenever
  6. @speedchuck
  7. @DekuNut
  8. @TheCapsFan
  9. @bulba account
  10. @Dale
  11. @Spiritual Mask Salesman
  12. @AussieEevee
  13. @Calvin ッ
It is November 17, 2017. The Ubers metagame is on the verge of collapse, with everyone bickering over what was or wasn't too broken, too centralizing, or uncompetitive. A few Pokémon were tired of this, so they decided to take matters into their own hands. They decided to first target a Pokémon who has fallen too far from grace to put up much of a fight. In the borderlands seperating OU from UU, a giant genie was confronted by the group. Hoopa-Unbound tried to put up a good fight, but alas, power creep had simply come too far for it to have a chance:

Dear Oricorio,

You are Hoopa-Unbound!

hoopa-unbound.gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Hyperspace Fury
  • Gunk Shot
  • Fire Punch
  • Drain Punch
Back when you were released in ORAS, you immediately became a big shot. With huge 160/170 mixed offenses, a great offensive typing, and every coverage move that you need, you quickly proved to be too much for OU to handle and you were banned to Ubers. But something must have happened during the generation shift. Maybe it was all the Fairy-types that were introduced, maybe it was the faster-paced metagame in general, or maybe it was simply power creep, but now you've been demoted and you're barely even holding on to your position in OU. UU has made it very clear that they don't want you either, leaving you in an awkward limbo. How times have changed...

Anyway, you like to cause chaos by moving things across dimensions, thus you are the Host of the game. You win when... actually, you can't win but such is the nature of hosting.
Oricorio has died, he was Hoopa-Unbound, the host

In his last moments, Hoopa-U did the only thing he could think of and transported itself to Ubers so it could warn the others about what was going on. Almost immediately, it was decided that something would happen that had not happened in years - they will finally have a suspect test to remove the problematic Pokémon from the metagame. However, the Ubers metagame was very volatile, and nobody knew who to trust at this point. Could the integrity of the metagame be saved, or will the metagame devolve into an uncompetitive mess?

Day 1 has started and will end in 48 hours. Good luck.

hey everyone I'm actually about to leave to hawaii so I'm not sure how active I'll be. I can try my best though

Vote: DekuNut
hey everyone I'm actually about to leave to hawaii so I'm not sure how active I'll be. I can try my best though
I've played with a ts account recently on The Syndicate, was that you? The "forum name + account" username style is really similar lol.

Vote: Oricorio

I actually want to target Speedchuck, but this is the format the rules say to use for voting.

Deku good
nova bad
bulba account bad
Calvin guy good
Dale good
Ereshkifdfbsdfssgu good
speedchuck good

bulba account has my permission to go to Hawaii and have plenty of fun. Sliding in an opener with a short-on-time excuse is meh.

Okay, I know it's night 0 and all, but I would vote you for that post... Spamming us with a lot of posts when you could just use one is going to get annoying!
Do you think it's scummy, or just annoying?

Most likely just annoying. But as stated above, if a player is too annoying, we may just lynch them or vig kill them just for being annoying. It's just a thing that happens around here, I guess.
Why?

Jay's style works. Do not lynch him for being annoying. That's like lynching a tiger for having stripes.

Introduction: I am Sloonei. I ask questions until I feel like I have the answers. Then I share answers.

They killed me for being annoying in the last game. So, trust me on this: There's no difference.
What is your approach to the game? How do you catch bad guys? What things do you look for on Day 1?

I am not seeing your advantages. And I'm sure plenty of other players here would agree. Just ask around.
An active start to the game is infinitely preferable to an inactive start. The sooner we start shaking trees, the sooner the bad fruit will fall out of them.

Unvote: Max1996
Vote: Sloonei

Please use the multi-post feature, or be lynched for being annoying.
I will use the multi-quote tool when it is advantageous to use the multi-quote tool.
See Jay's earlier post.

Who do you think is bad?

Back
Top Bottom