• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Also Rowlet's gimmick is staying 8n Ash's bag... which it wouldn’t be able to do after evolution. And Piplup too was kept unevolved for comedic reasons. The writers are of the opinion that comedic Pokemon should stay unevolved.
Rowlet can still evolve. It has a battle style fitting of a stealthy archer. Why give it this fighting style if it's not evolving?

Seeing as it's pretty unlikely at this point Mareanie will evolve, I think TR might get one more pokemon before the end of the SM series. The last candidates I see joining them would be either Dewpider or Minior. Any other pokemon either doesn't fit into the criteria of TR mons or has already been caught/showcased.

Seeing as it's pretty unlikely at this point Mareanie will evolve, I think TR might get one more pokemon before the end of the SM series. The last candidates I see joining them would be either Dewpider or Minior. Any other pokemon either doesn't fit into the criteria of TR mons or has already been caught/showcased.

What about Ghost Oricorio (Due to its connection with Kanto and it can have a rivalry with Rowlet/Decidueye).

Yeah, I honestly don't see Rowlet evolving either. Let's remember that it's not a regional bird and Ash's track record for starter evolutions has been generally poor when he gets more than one per series. The only time he ever broke that was in DP with Torterra and Infernape, and even then, Torterra got shafted like hell to the point where it should have stayed as Grotle.

I could have bought Ash fully evolving Rowlet if he never caught Litten, but now I don't believe it could happen, especially not with Litten getting an evolution first. Besides, it's not like Rowlet's incapable of some stealth as it is.

Let's not forget that Rowlet already benefits from the Grassium Z. Ash doesn't own a Firium Z and probably never will as Kiawe has one, leaving Litten to rely on a full evolution combined with Incinium Z.

I suspect that Hau might show up soon to promote Rowlet's evolutions and add some fuel to the Alola League.

Let's not forget that Rowlet already benefits from the Grassium Z. Ash doesn't own a Firium Z and probably never will as Kiawe has one, leaving Litten to rely on a full evolution combined with Incinium Z.

I suspect that Hau might show up soon to promote Rowlet's evolutions and add some fuel to the Alola League.
Given that Hala has show up twice now without any hints towards Hau's existence, I don't think that he will appear.

Eh. Barry was introduced out of nowhere after having been bizarrely replaced with Kenny for the role of Dawn's childhood friend. They could just say that Hau was with his dad overseas.

I doubt Rowlet will evolve because while his evolved forms keep their quirks, they don't sell as much plushies, and this show puts marketing first.
I think the reason is more in the fact that Rowlet is pretty much the Oshawott/Chespin of the SM series: an unevolved starter whose main purpose is to be a comic relief.

I can still see Ash somehow getting Flynium Z for Rowlet, too.

I'd give it the following moveset: Leaf Blade, Brave Bird, Shadow Claw, Feather Dance

But its battle record seems fine even with a lackluster moveset. Go figure.

I think the reason is more in the fact that Rowlet is pretty much the Oshawott/Chespin of the SM series: an unevolved starter whose main purpose is to be a comic relief.
I don't think that it is. Rowlet lacks many characteristics of those Pokemon, such as an inflated ego. Rowlet also doesn't run away scared from bigger Pokemon. Rowlet also has a fighting style that totally suits Decidueye. Decidueye is also popular, with it appearing in Pokken as a playable character.

I don't think that it is. Rowlet lacks many characteristics of those Pokemon, such as an inflated ego. Rowlet also doesn't run away scared from bigger Pokemon. Rowlet also has a fighting style that totally suits Decidueye. Decidueye is also popular, with it appearing in Pokken as a playable character.
... ... ... ...
You know, now that I think about it... You're right! I completely forgot about those characteristics! Thanks for reminding me!

Even though Decidueye is my least favorite fully evolved Alola starter (no offense to any Decidueye fans), I'd still really like to see it evolve. The more evolutions, the merrier!

I think the main issue atm is that he's not battling enough - not even weekly bouts with the TRio! I'm finding it hard rn to envision even how Nyabby will evolve (even though we know that it's coming SOON!)

Still want Mokuroh to go the full way though...
(without having to watch loads more battles...)

I think the main issue atm is that he's not battling enough - not even weekly bouts with the TRio! I'm finding it hard rn to envision even how Nyabby will evolve (even though we know that it's coming SOON!)

Still want Mokuroh to go the full way though...
(without having to watch loads more battles...)
Litten's evolution makes sense. It's been participating in some important battles, plus all those numerous minor training battles with Lycanroc.

But with Rowlet, yeah. That owl is mostly just seen snoring away. It needs more battle experience to have a believable evolution.

If Rowlet evolves then it'll be probably in circumstances like Charmeleon>Charizard or Grovyle>Sceptile, in which some external factor like pride or love will be at play.

Litten has been training consistently with Lycanroc, and Stoutland beforehand so its Evolution always seemed like a given to me.

It's obvious that Litten will evolve into Incineroar. I think Rowlet will be one of those mons that evolves only once like Ash's Tepig. Now that Rowlet has a Z-Move it will be more prevalent in the anime like the Kahuna Battle with Olivia.
If Rowlet evolves then it'll be probably in circumstances like Charmeleon>Charizard or Grovyle>Sceptile, in which some external factor like pride or love will be at play.

Litten has been training consistently with Lycanroc, and Stoutland beforehand so its Evolution always seemed like a given to me.

Yep agreed. Litten trains so much and has good results like Rockruff. It is bound to evolve.

Back
Top Bottom