• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I read a really convincing theory and I haven’t seen it mentioned so I’m gonna pass it along. The ancient and “rfake” forms might be version exclusive. The ancient forms come from the past in Scarlet and the rfakes are actually descendants from the future in Violet. So they’re two sides of the same concept essentially. It would make trading super necessary to complete the dex but that’s not something GF wouldn’t do lmao
This sounds plausible, but if I know GF, its more likely that the alternate Jigglypuff and Amoonguss are labelled "ancestors" in Scarlet, and those same Pokemon are labelled "descendants" in Violet.

That way, they don't have to come up with two completely different sets of "altered Pokemon", they can just reuse the same ones for each game with different contexts and Pokedex entries (e.g. Vampire Jiggly is a caveman Jigglypuff in Scarlet, and is a post-apocalyptic Jigglypuff in Violet).

I hope I'm wrong though, it'd make a lot more sense if the "past" game has proper "past Pokemon" and the "future" game has proper "future Pokemon", rather than just two different labels for the same designs.

It's kind of weird you forgot cause Digimon has had better games in the last 7 games than Pokémon has. It's funny how it always used to be the better anime but now the games are also getting there. Unfortunately Digimon will never get as big as Pokémon and I'm on a Pokémon forum so Pokémon fans will just scream at me for it.

Not to mention the one that's currently being delayed due to changes in engine is one everyone is looking forward cause of the amazing premise they showed off.
(Internally agree, but not gonna said it out loud because this is Pokémon forum)

I'm glad Fuecoco3 is quadrupedal. At least people who don't want a humanoid/bipedal starter doesn't have to box theirs again. And I always thought Zeraora is Electric/Fighting, lol. Kind of weird that it's not, considering the design.

Last edited:
Per Kaka, Wooper and Tauros are the only regional variants in SV. Which is surprising, until you think about:

1. There are “normal” cross-gen evos again, for the first time since Sinnoh/Hisui

2. There are a different kind of variant in these games, the ancient forms or whatever

So it seems that, unlike gens 7 and 8 where regional variants were the only concept, there’s a lot going on in Gen 9 so therefore only two “classic style” regional variants.

This sounds plausible, but if I know GF, its more likely that the alternate Jigglypuff and Amoonguss are labelled "ancestors" in Scarlet, and those same Pokemon are labelled "descendants" in Violet.

That way, they don't have to come up with two completely different sets of "altered Pokemon", they can just reuse the same ones for each game with different contexts and Pokedex entries (e.g. Vampire Jiggly is a caveman Jigglypuff in Scarlet, and is a post-apocalyptic Jigglypuff in Violet).

I hope I'm wrong though, it'd make a lot more sense if the "past" game has proper "past Pokemon" and the "future" game has proper "future Pokemon", rather than just two different labels for the same designs.

I mean, we've had version exclusive regional variants in the past. Having ancient forms exclusive to Scarlet and future forms exclusive to Violet wouldn't really be any different from that.

I was thinking that Kaka is probably betatesting Pokemon Scarlet, which could be why we haven't seen any image leaks of any futuristic looking forms.

Per Kaka, Wooper and Tauros are the only regional variants in SV. Which is surprising, until you think about:

1. There are “normal” cross-gen evos again, for the first time since Sinnoh/Hisui

2. There are a different kind of variant in these games, the ancient forms or whatever

So it seems that, unlike gens 7 and 8 where regional variants were the only concept, there’s a lot going on in Gen 9 so therefore only two “classic style” regional variants.

Not even necessarily "normal" cross-gen evos. We already know about the Girafarig evolution, so at the very least it's possible we'll see some more regional evolutions even if there are only two Pokemon that count as "regional forms".

Apparently Kaka has said that there are about 120-140 new Pokemon, although that includes ancient/future, regional variants and other forms (like the Dugtrio) as well. If true, that doesn't sound too bad for completely brand new Pokemon. They'll probably be at a similar number of completely new Pokemon to recent gens in the end.

1658055808696.png

As an FGO player, they recently just added Don Quixote into the game. I could def see a mon (even if it's not Quaxly) being based after him even if this was just a joke post by the leaker

A few tidbits from Kaka:

Fuecoco’s evo is quadrupedal.
Smoliv’s evo (not sure how many it has) is a full olive tree.
There’s a black Tauros in the game.
Pawmi’s evo is Electric/Fighting.

Sort of story spoilers:

Sada appears only in Scarlet.
There’s no 3rd legendary.
Smoliv a full olive tree and a black Tauros? who would have imagined..

Omggg I never noticed how insanely similar to Lileep that looked.

I’m pretty sure that’s a time-warp version of Lileep!!! The leakers have only said there were no fossils. A time-warp or “true” version of the fossils would NOT be fossils-they would be regular Pokémon you catch.
Lileep, while being plant-type, isn't based off a plant. But a sea-lily. Those are animals. A 'future-form' with flowers wouldn't make sense.

I think this is a truly new species, separate from Lileep.

A couple of leaks that Centro pokemon is reporting:

• There's no 3rd legendary (weeeird. It would be the first time since G/S. I hope it's not just DLC material).
  • Around 120-140 new pokemon (that includes past/future pokemon and regional fakes).
  • Ancient/Future pokemon cannot evolve (What's the point of creating a new pokemon that is basically Jygglipuff that cannot even evolve? -.- )
  • Tauros and Wooper are the ONLY regional forms.
  • All gym leaders have a secondary job.

If they got rid of regional forms just to give has gen 1 clones and ancestors I swear I'll burn a Charizard.

A couple of leaks that Centro pokemon is reporting:

• There's no 3rd legendary (weeeird. It would be the first time since G/S. I hope it's not just DLC material).
  • Around 120-140 new pokemon (that includes past/future pokemon and regional fakes).
  • Ancient/Future pokemon cannot evolve (What's the point of creating a new pokemon that is basically Jygglipuff that cannot even evolve? -.- )
  • Tauros and Wooper are the ONLY regional forms.
  • All gym leaders have a secondary job.

If they got rid of regional forms just to give has gen 1 clones and ancestors I swear I'll burn a Charizard.
No worries, plenty of room in DLC, too.

Anyway, I hope those convergent forms aren't 100% recoloured versions. I hope they have one or more unique design cues, at least.

No worries, plenty of room in DLC, too.

Anyway, I hope those convergent forms aren't 100% recoloured versions. I hope they have one or more unique design cues, at least.
I hope they are actually usable in battles. Because I never used a Jygglypuff and I don't intend to use one if the only difference is vampire teeth. I'm beginning to understand why Khu said this idea was boring. We have almost 1000 pokemon and they thought it was a good idea to create clones of already existing pokemon and call them new pokemon? I feel like a lot of new designs could have taken the spots of these gen 1 clones.

It's kind of weird you forgot cause Digimon has had better games in the last 7 games than Pokémon has. It's funny how it always used to be the better anime but now the games are also getting there. Unfortunately Digimon will never get as big as Pokémon and I'm on a Pokémon forum so Pokémon fans will just scream at me for it.

Not to mention the one that's currently being delayed due to changes in engine is one everyone is looking forward cause of the amazing premise they showed off.

Bit upset Sada (And I guess mister Crypto too) seemingly are completely exclusive to the games. I had at least hope for them to feature in the other story, just not as professor.
I think it’s matter of perspective, speaking as someone that loves both franchises. I wouldn’t say on being recently better then the other means, personally, that much, because I think both, while having decent to good games, have quite the number of flaws. The preference of one over the other depends quite a bit on the person, and how they react to those flaws. Neither franchises had, in my opinion, what would be considered great games in recent memory.

And in regards of Survive, while the premise is quite interesting, the fact that the game is for the most part a VN (with another hint of the lack of proper budget for Digimon games, in my opinion), the story has to be really good to carry the game.

I hope they are actually usable in battles. Because I never used a Jygglypuff and I don't intend to use one if the only difference is vampire teeth. I'm beginning to understand why Khu said this idea was boring. We have almost 1000 pokemon and they thought it was a good idea to create clones of already existing pokemon and call them new pokemon? I feel like a lot of new designs could have taken the spots of these gen 1 clones.
My opinion on this new ‘feature’ is going to depend a lot on how many really new Pokémon we’re going to get. Ifwe’ll get at least 90 (bare minimum), of new ones, then it’s fine.

Especially considering that they are gonna sacrifice regional variants to have them be included.

My opinion on this new ‘feature’ is going to depend a lot on how many really new Pokémon we’re going to get. Ifwe’ll get at least 90 (bare minimum), of new ones, then it’s fine.
Yes, but these are not forms, they have their own number in the pokedex. We could have had 120-140 real new pokemon and they decided to create 20 forms and 10 clones and call them new pokemon. Still don't understand why, considering the total number of pokemon is actually pretty big at the moment and I feel there's no need to add 30 to those who could have easly been considered forms.

We have to understand that at this point, creating 'recolors' of existing pokemon is the safest, lowest stake thing GF can do. Not only new designs are hit and miss with the audience and the number of pokemon is staggering at this point but new models are difficult to make/animate and new pokemon as battling partners are difficult to rebalance in terms of both story and competitive gameplay. These are, yeah, essentially 'outfits' for existing models made interesting. (Hopefully...) Of course I'd prefer a game with tons of new pokemon every time but it's not realistic to expect that.

Yes, but these are not forms, they have their own number in the pokedex. We could have had 120-140 real new pokemon and they decided to create 20 forms and 10 clones and call them new pokemon. Still don't understand why, considering the total number of pokemon is actually pretty big at the moment and I feel there's no need to add 30 to those who could have easly been considered forms.
They could’ve definitely called them forms and not inflate the Pokédex, but I don’t think that they’d have added more truly new Pokémon in place of those ones, but we’ll new know.

We have to understand that at this point, creating 'recolors' of existing pokemon is the safest, lowest stake thing GF can do. Not only new designs are hit and miss with the audience and the number of pokemon is staggering at this point but new models are difficult to make/animate and new pokemon as battling partners are difficult to rebalance in terms of both story and competitive gameplay. These are, yeah, essentially 'outfits' for existing models made interesting. (Hopefully...) Of course I'd prefer a game with tons of new pokemon every time but it's not realistic to expect that.
Trainer customization: I sleep

Pokémon customization: Real shit

Back
Top Bottom