• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bragging Thread!

Was in battle Maison, facing a (somewhat) annoying vaporeon, then...
Ditto used Ice Beam!
The opposing Vaporeon was frozen solid!
(fast-forward 10 turns later)
Blaziken used Power-up Punch!
The opposing Vaporeon is frozen solid!

I think I set a new record..... The only reason I switched was due to a lack of PP.

Edit: Proof is JT7W WWWW WWW2 N7YW.

Last edited:
i bred a shiny charmander with timid nature and 31 iv in everything but attack

This is from a long time ago in G5, but a battle against a wild Pokemon went something like this:

- Luxray used Ice Fang!
- The opposing Pokemon was frozen solid!
- The opposing Pokemon thawed out!
- The opposing Pokemon flinched and couldn't move!

All in the same turn.

Freeze... What allowed a level 30 Smoochum to defeat a level 100 Regigigas.(Saw it somewhere on Youtube.)
Has anyone ever gotten an 11-turn freeze?

I found male AND female Protean Froakies on the GTS... for Vivillions. They didn't request a kind, so I gave them ones I fresh-trained.
Unfortunately, the female one was taken before I got it.

Getting two wild shinies out of the grass. Man, I had the best luck. A shiny Sentret and then a shiny Amuguss. I was so happy I think I screamed when I found them. ;3; Been playing for 13 years and I've never found a shiny unless it was that Gayrados in Silver.

I managed to Catch Xerneas in a quick ball. Didn't think that would work until noticing on bulbapedia the catch rate for it is 30. hmm, just like black and white, Resheraim and Zekrom both had high catch rates compared to most legendaries.

Also noticed for me personally, i have managed to get through the game (7 badges so far and just beat Team Flare, yes i am a slow player) without blacking out once. I have never done that in a pokemon game before ever. I've always blacked out before i got my first one or two gym badges. and then i struggled forever when it came to the elite 4, almost giving up on pokemon gold when i couldn't beat them. if i can manage to beat the final gym, and the elite 4 without blacking out, then i can say i've beaten a pokemon game without blacking out once. i'd like to think that's a nice personal goal and record to aim for.

31/31/31/X/31/31 Intimidate Mawile yo. Goes nicely with my 31/X/26/31/31/31 Protean Greninja.

Bragging? Why not! :3
I got a full steel team recently, all shiny: Steel.png
I'm very proud of myself. I think the total time spent hatching/breeding was 107 hours

I dunno if anyone else does it for the sake of a challenge, but recently caught Mewtwo in a Premier ball. got a decent nature, too.

nowhere near as tough as my Zap-mol-cuno Premier challenge in XD: Gale of Darkness, but still feels good to be able to pull it off... even if I did have the backing of a capture level 3 O-power to boost the chances...

Caught Mewtwo in a regular Poké Ball. Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball wouldn't work. So, I just thought, might as well try something different and threw a Poké Ball. It caught it.

Sometimes, worse is better.

well i caught mewtwo on my first try and no it wasn't a master ball. my advice is to use topsy turvy after it gets its stat boost all the way and hope it doesn't use recover

Caught Mewtwo in a regular Poké Ball. Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball wouldn't work. So, I just thought, might as well try something different and threw a Poké Ball. It caught it.

I ran out of most balls and got it in a repeat ball. Perfect IV's in everything except defense, so I'm quite happy!

I don't usually brag about shinies, but this one took me 500 eggs and is just so...pretty.
a8d1KjV.jpg

Here he is as a bb

33TcpFx.png

all grown up!

qPzobOb.jpg

Sylveon is the best shiny eeveelution, I will fight you over that.

He's not just for show either, with a Modest nature and almost perfect IVs. Too bad he didn't inherit his mother's hidden ability, but there's no Hyper Voice tutor in Gen 6 yet anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

I ran out of most balls and got it in a repeat ball. Perfect IV's in everything except defense, so I'm quite happy!

I've been going for a whole "If the best doesn't work, try the worst" approach since Gold. I was trying to catch a Heracross and had run out of the Ultra Balls I had brought with me. I threw one Poké Ball at it and caught it. Since then, if Ultra Balls don't work, I go for the standard Poké Ball.

I've also caught several Pokémon in Dive Balls randomly as they're my favourite looking ball.

I've been going for a whole "If the best doesn't work, try the worst" approach since Gold. I was trying to catch a Heracross and had run out of the Ultra Balls I had brought with me. I threw one Poké Ball at it and caught it. Since then, if Ultra Balls don't work, I go for the standard Poké Ball.

I've also caught several Pokémon in Dive Balls randomly as they're my favourite looking ball.
That logic has servec me very well!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom