• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TOWN WIN </3 True Lust: Intergalactic Battle of the Ships </3 Canon Ground - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Post and N0 Start

frozen.palisades

Pro-crastinator
Reaction score

CgSh0Kb.png

CANON PROVING GROUNDS
ROYAL FLEET TRAINING BASE
NEW LONDON, ENGLAND
MONDAY, JUNE 20

"Did you hear?"

The rumor mill was abuzz again on the base. Not an atypical situation, of course, with all these young pilots-in-training having much time on their hands, and little outlet for release of the stress caused by such a highly demanding program.

What now, then? What was this event that these cadets were chattering so much about?

"Captain Slife is taking a group of six cadets up to The Titanic! What an opportunity!"

"Why, what happened there?"

"I can't believe you don't know! Didn't you hear? Captain Frozen was found dead in her ship. Captain Slife suspects foul play, so he's going to investigate."

arumi-free-floating-in-space.jpeg

Slife, standing in the grand courtyard of the main administrative building, frowned deeply, his brow furrowing and eyes turning hard as flint. These rumors needed to stop.

He wanted no dishonoring of his dear friend's name. And worse, he suspected a more intricate plot at hand. What if the perpetrator was among these cadets, or even worse, among Captain Frozen's trusted crew members?
Slife brushed those thoughts away with a shake of his head. No use worrying now. The facts of the case would speak for themselves.

He straightened up and turned away from the building, motioning for his six chosen cadets to follow him to the launching field, where they would take Carpathia into space.

Who murdered Captain Frozen? He would get to the bottom of this.

things you should have already read but I'm including them here because I'm a nice moddess:

This game uses a variation of the True Love setup (True Love - MafiaWiki), with a twist: True Lust.

Setup Basics </3

This is a game where outside communication, with the exception of Lover QTs/Skype chats that have been created by Slife and myself, is banned. Do not talk about this game with anyone else outside of the game thread, unless expressly given permission to do so.

The game will begin on night 0, which will be a 12 hour phase in which preemptive actions that will decide certain elements of the setup will take place.

There will be 12 players total, 3 Mafia, 9 Town. This is a nightless game without nightkills, with the exception of N0, when every player must choose a lover.

Days will be 24 hours long.

The time at which you submit your lover preference will be crucial - first come first serve - otherwise duplicate choices will be reranded. You will gain Lover's Angst and a Lover's Chat:
  • Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
  • Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [link].
  • Lost Love: If game reaches lylo and both you and your lover are still alive, your lovers' wincon and lover chat will be dissolved.
I will inform you at start of day if the game is in lylo.

Lovers can stack up to 2 times (up to two people can share the same lover). Deaths will also stack.

5 posts per day phase, minimum. Please do not make me have to replace you.

Sample PMs </3

Sample Townie PM:

Town Nymphomaniac
  • Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Nymphomaniac.
Abilities:
  • Looking for Love: At the beginning of the game, during N0, you must choose a Lover (submit two choices) who will remain your Lover until the end of the game, or your Lover will be randed.
  • Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
  • You do not know your partner's alignment.
  • Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [Quicktopic link].
  • Lost Love: If game reaches lylo and both you and your lover are still alive, your lovers' wincon and lover chat will be dissolved.
Win condition:
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Sample Scum PM:

Mafia Nymphomaniac
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Nymphomaniac. Your mafia partners are [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:
  • Factional communication: At any time during the game you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
  • Looking for Love: At the beginning of the game, during N0, you must choose a Lover (submit two choices) who will remain your Lover until the end of the game, or your Lover will be randed.
  • Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [Quicktopic link].
Win condition:
  • You win when you outnumber or equal town.

Roster </3

Crew:
1. @Zexy
2. @Hellcrow
3. @Elieson
4. @leetic
5. @Sunsette
6. @Occams Chainsaw
7. @Makaze
8. @KoiNoYokan
9. @Ace of Spaids
10. @jdthebud
11. @Displayz
12. @Mantichora

Hold:

Graveyard:
1. @TheCapsFan
2. @Doctor Floptopus
3. @Leggo

IT IS NIGHT 0. NO POSTING YET.

Time Until </3 D1 Start

Please submit your two partner choices to me via PM (reply to your role pm) by 9 PM EST tonight (one hour before the countdown timer ends).​

Last edited:
D1 Start
Day 1

3c31fe8497a19e28aafb53dea0be0916.jpg

ROYAL FLEET LAUNCH FIELDS
CANBERRA, ENGLAND
MONDAY, JUNE 20

DUSK
Slife sighed yet again as he strapped himself into his seat, giving a look to his copilot and making sure she was ready for takeoff.

He massaged his temples with his broad fingers, and told himself to concentrate.

Turning on the intercom function programmed into the chip embedded in each one of his cadets' brains, Slife spoke.

"Airways all clear. We will be setting off for a brisk clip onto the site of the ship.

'There, the late [and here Slife audibly swallowed] Captain Frozen's crew will greet us. They have been investigating while I went for backups. I will pair each one of you up with at least one of the other crew members. Make sure to keep each other safe.

'I've programmed a telepathic channel into each of your chips, so be sure to communicate responsibly, frequently, and clearly."

THE TITANIC, IN ORBIT
THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY
2.5 MILLION LIGHT YEARS AWAY
A certain cadet on board the late Captain Frozen's ship smiled slightly. What a delight it was to assist in the plan.

An onlooker would be the only one who could discern what that smile meant, and only an omniscient narrator would know what kind of plan this cadet was thinking of.

Unfortunately no one was there to determine the truth of the matter, but in due time, perhaps there would be...
Roster </3

Crew:
1. @Zexy
2. @Hellcrow
3. @Elieson
4. @leetic
5. @Sunsette
6. @Occams Chainsaw
7. @Makaze
8. @KoiNoYokan
9. @Ace of Spaids
10. @jdthebud
11. @Displayz
12. @Mantichora

Hold:

Graveyard:
1. @TheCapsFan
2. @Doctor Floptopus
3. @Leggo

Deadline for lover choices has passed. I will update your role PMs with the pairings and QTs when I get home.

Last edited:
It is already day, you may post.

Slife and I will be sending out lover pairings as we go, apologies for the delay.

Hello bulbagarden!

This is my first game here on the forum and also my first game as VT. How exciting!
My timezone is GMT (UK) so getting on for day start/end every night may be tricky but I'll try to keep as close as reasonably possible with a day schedule.

@KoiNoYokan , are you a friend?

And I have another question regarding the setup...
So whoever is in love with the person who dies also dies, but not who the person who dies is in love with? Like if we lynch a correct scum and that scum is in love with me I don't die, only if I'm in love with the scum?

>.> wonders if Occams plans to be lurky for a reason D: ... doesn't know if I'm a friend D:

Mod note: please ask all questions via PM. I will post answers in the thread if I feel there is a general need. Do not talk about mod communications either. Thank you.

Sat here wondering why I hadn't gotten any alerts, and then I realized I'd forgotten to watch the thread. I'm off to a good start.

And I have another question regarding the setup...
So whoever is in love with the person who dies also dies, but not who the person who dies is in love with? Like if we lynch a correct scum and that scum is in love with me I don't die, only if I'm in love with the scum?

>.> wonders if Occams plans to be lurky for a reason D:

Goodness, you work fast! Asking about mechanics and shading, all within the first 3 posts.

Sat here wondering why I hadn't gotten any alerts, and then I realized I'd forgotten to watch the thread. I'm off to a good start.

Hi!

What do you think about KoiNoYokan's (KNY henceforth) posts thus far? Occams is not getting a strong town read from them

I don't see anything that I'd be able to get a read from yet.

Hello bulbagarden!

This is my first game here on the forum and also my first game as VT. How exciting!
My timezone is GMT (UK) so getting on for day start/end every night may be tricky but I'll try to keep as close as reasonably possible with a day schedule.

@KoiNoYokan , are you a friend?

Same man but i use an alarm at those different hours i even wake up at night to read the posts.

Same man but i use an alarm at those different hours i even wake up at night to read the posts.
Hehe. Dedication! I like it.

Of course, I'll be active and come on when I can. Just can't make any promises when I have stuff on in the following day. Will always give disclosure in advance.

You likey my Te? Fast and efficient -beams with hands on hips in big girl pose-
It makes me wary. In our previous game you only attacked when you saw reason and even scumread me for my mechanics questions. Why should I read you doing the same any different?

It makes me wary. In our previous game you only attacked when you saw reason and even scumread me for my mechanics questions. Why should I read you doing the same any different?

In our previous game I was way behind, so only attacked on what I was caught up with that had me questioning alignment. I attacked you for mechanics because you were dodging my questions and sticking to game strategy questions. I was correct about you. What I am doing is totally different. If u look at my other games I will question mechanics within the 1st few posts if I'm confused and get that out of the way asap so I can focus on finding scum.

You were right, indeed. Though that doesn't make the logic behind it sound. :p

But, yes, this seems like a sensible answer. As scum, I was using it as a distracting tactic. So long as we stick to scum hunting, I don't think it'll be an issue. That post makes me feel a little better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom