• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TOWN WIN </3 True Lust: Intergalactic Battle of the Ships </3 Canon Ground - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, looks like I'm late to the party but nice to see some conversation already. @Hellcrow Can you explain why you think Koi/Makaze is town vs town, or why you think leectic looks scummy (I think that's what you were implying there)?

Prelim thoughts/reads on people who have posted so far:
@KoiNoYokan: Aggressively scum hunting. looks good so far.
@Makaze: Avoiding questions is annoying and not really towny behavior. Their first reads were KNY as towny, Sunsette as scum, but no reasoning, which is annoying as well. Only slightly scum right now since there are plenty of other people who have yet to post.
@leetic: Also aggressive scum hunting.
@Sunsette: Would like to hear some more thoughts/ reads from them.
@Occams: First post, claims VT. well ok then.
@Hellcrow: Made just one post so far (like me!).

@Zexy @Elieson @Ace of Spaids @Displayz @Mantichora Hopefully you all will post some soon. :)
This is jd's only post that provided reads with reasoning. Interestingly, he didn't post an actual read on anyone besides KNY and Makaze, which is what Elieson latched onto. I don't know how much the lack of a real mention on Occam merits scrutiny, but given jd's flip I'm less inclined to write it off as a simple misstep now.

I don't think jd's positive read on KNY makes them look any worse (for now), and am still reading town on Makaze. I don't think Ace is scum.

This is jd's only post that provided reads with reasoning. Interestingly, he didn't post an actual read on anyone besides KNY and Makaze, which is what Elieson latched onto. I don't know how much the lack of a real mention on Occam merits scrutiny, but given jd's flip I'm less inclined to write it off as a simple misstep now.

I don't think jd's positive read on KNY makes them look any worse (for now), and am still reading town on Makaze. I don't think Ace is scum.

This is actually my prepared argument against whatever they think they are seeing. I made a claim and so he made note of it. That's all that happened. I'm not sure we can extrapolate much more out of it, given he didn't even give a 'full' reads list.

Anyway, night guys.

Since this has become a thing people ask about, here are the tools I use to play mafia on this site. You want these if you use ISOs.

Isolate Posts by User: Adds a button below your avatar in threads that automatically searches for all of the user's posts in the thread.
Expanded Search Results: Shows full posts in search results instead of snippets.

To install them:

Firefox

1. Install Greasemonkey.
2. Click the Raw button on the script page. Confirm the installation when prompted.
3. Visit a XenForo forum.

Chrome

1. Install Tampermonkey.
2. Click the Raw button on the script page. Confirm the installation when prompted.

Since this has become a thing people ask about, here are the tools I use to play mafia on this site. You want these if you use ISOs.

Isolate Posts by User: Adds a button below your avatar in threads that automatically searches for all of the user's posts in the thread.
Expanded Search Results: Shows full posts in search results instead of snippets.

To install them:

Firefox

1. Install Greasemonkey.

Chrome

1. Install Tampermonkey.
Bless you. Trying to manually search posts by user was driving me insane.

I also agree that Ace of Spaids is doing a pretty good job going over the thread, although the amount of notifications he's sending can't be healthy. :p

Rapidly approaching EoD. Here's my vote, since I don't like the leetic BW right now.

##Vote: Ace of Spaids

Ace is mafia. I'll bet my life on it.

KoiNoYokan was modkilled
Mod Note </3

KoiNoYokan was modkilled.

She was:

frozen.palisades said:
Mafia Nymphomaniac
  • Welcome, KoiNoYokan. You are a Mafia Nymphomaniac. Your mafia partners are [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:
  • Factional communication: At any time during the game you may talk with your partners here [Quicktopic link].
  • Looking for Love: At the beginning of the game, during N0, you must choose a Lover (submit two choices) who will remain your Lover until the end of the game, or your Lover will be randed.
  • Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
  • Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [Quicktopic link].
  • Lost Love: If game reaches lylo and both you and your lover are still alive, your lovers' wincon and lover chat will be dissolved.
Win condition:
  • You win when you outnumber or equal town.

Because she was modkilled and not lynched, her lover(s) did not suicide.

Do not discuss reasons for modkills. I will explain them postgame.

NO POSTING YET​

It's going to be pretty difficult to avoid the natural leaps that causes.

Well then. Avoiding that for now, but I'd like to hear Nephilim's thoughts and reads once they've had a chance to look through the thread.

@Makaze Can you add anything else to your assertion that Ace is mafia now? I can see where you're coming from on jd's flip-flopping with his reads, but is there any more than that/anything Ace said in your lover QT that raised a red flag?

Well then. Avoiding that for now, but I'd like to hear Nephilim's thoughts and reads once they've had a chance to look through the thread.

@Makaze Can you add anything else to your assertion that Ace is mafia now? I can see where you're coming from on jd's flip-flopping with his reads, but is there any more than that/anything Ace said in your lover QT that raised a red flag?

Yes, but I am not allowed to quote it here. He had the same kind of woohoo I'm town post, and it it bothered me. That's just icing on what I said in my list post, though.

Yes, but I am not allowed to quote it here. He had the same kind of woohoo I'm town post, and it it bothered me. That's just icing on what I said in my list post, though.
Alright. I have to assume you've got a very strong feeling about this given that you'll die if Ace is lynched, so I'm inclined to believe you. I've got some things to think over and might sleep on it and see what other people have to say in the meantime before I decide what to vote.

How

Unexpected.

I have no idea how to take this, and tbh I was looking for reasons basically not to vote for Koi because i was certain that I was just having clouded judgment with a player who spouted so many things I disagreed with, but I digress. That's one less thing to worry about for now I suppose.

After some thought, I'm willing to work with Makaze here, because I trust the fool more than I trust my current cellphone provider.

##Unvote (I think I'm unvoted now but just to make sure)
##Vote Ace of Spaids

Hi there it's kinda late (l1:16 am) I just wanted to stop by the thread. I haven't read it yet and will catch up tomorrow.

Morning, everyone. Haven't read back yet (and probably won't do so for several hours, have to go in a bit) but I'll definitely read again some parts of the game that may be extremely important after 2 scum flips.

Still trusting Makaze and Elieson, KNY as scum started getting me paranoid, though, perhaps Ace isn't as good as he shows. Question for @Makaze; would you rather get the lynch on your name on his name? I see you already picked his, but wanted to make sure; could it be that you have another lover who'd you like to stay alive when you don't really know/care about the survival of Ace's other lover (if they exist)?

Alright, I've had time to think things over and not much else has been said so full disclosure time:

I am Ace's other lover. I don't have a very strong feeling about this like Makaze does, but I can confirm that Ace left a similar message in our QT to the one that Makaze is saying made him suspicious and that I think someone else pointed out in the thread. I'm inclined to trust Makaze because he's been one of my strongest town reads and scum!Makaze has nothing to gain from this, given that he'll end up dead and we'll get a town win either way. I have no other leads to offer as an alternative.

I haven't gotten much else from Ace in the QT, the last message I have from him is us discussing whether leetic seemed scummy or not, then me asking what his thoughts on KNY were. I still haven't gotten a reply on that front, and given KNY's flip that's enough to make me suspicious.

Vote: Ace of Spaids

Ace is mafia. I'll bet my life on it.

JD's post actually spews me as Town.

Look at EOD. Now that we know leetic was lovered to a Mafia, OF COURSE JD FLIPPED HIS READ ON ME AND TRIED TO GET ME LYNCHED INSTEAD.

The same thing happened with Kio. Look at how aggressively Kio came after me the harder I came after leetic. IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR KIO TO PUSH MY LYNCH IF I'M SCUM. Their motivation was to save the scum lovered to leetic.

Because they tried so hard to get me lynched, that confirms that Makaze and Sunsette are both Town, otherwise JD and Kio would not have tried to get me lynched instead of leetic.

Alright. I have to assume you've got a very strong feeling about this given that you'll die if Ace is lynched, so I'm inclined to believe you. I've got some things to think over and might sleep on it and see what other people have to say in the meantime before I decide what to vote.

The post in the qt was similar to this and post read forced. That's what I meant.

both read forced*

You are wrong.

Look at all of my Town games.

I'll link my opening posts from some recent games. If you read nothing else from these games, at least read the opening post I linked and see how wrong you are.

Die Hard 4

Planescape

Die Hard 3

I love randing Town and I shout it when I enter the game.

Normally I would think Makaze pushing such an obviously false argument for why I'm scum would mean HE is scum, but I don't see any reasonable explanation for why JD and Kio would push me unless both of my lovers are Town, so I have to lock clear him as Town and conclude that he is simply and obviously wrong.

I have never played with you. I just know that you are either bad or scum, and therefore must die.

You have scumslipped by making a misunderstanding only scum can make, so you are scum. Case closed, bois

No way Mantichora makes this post as a scum mate. Manti is clear as well.

LOCK TOW N
Manti
Makaze
Sunsette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom