• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where do you go to hatch eggs?

It's the most efficient to hatch them all along the route near the daycare center, so mostly mine are Route 209, Solaceon, Route 210 or Route 215.

Occasionally I stop into buildings to hatch such as the Cafe, Poffin House, Foreign Building, Day Care, etc. I don't usually go very far away though as it wastes time. I only have a few good hatches from any of the other 'cooler' locations.

I use the common Solacean route. Though since I got Oak's Letter from the event, I've been considering hatching eggs at Seabreak Path.

I hatch nearly all my eggs in Floaroma Meadow. It's cute and beautiful place, which suits for hatching babies :D.

Solaceon.

If I feel like giving it a cool hatch location, i'll enter either the Hearthome Church or the Battle Tower.

Solaceon routes, but I sometimes go into buildings and caves so they actually hatch there. I like the cool little info things like "Hatched in Veilstone HQ", it makes them sort of distinct.

DPPt: Most often the very popular Solaceon Route. Grab four or five Eggs and either Magmortar or Slugma and I'm good for some hatchin' fun.

Eh, sometimes if I want something different, I'll go Cycling Road, Sunyshore City (why yes, I ride the panels) or Hearthome City. Heck, I'll even hatch 'em in Amity Square for LULZ. (My Arcanine was hatched there on Diamond . . .) Heck, I'll hatch Eggs ANYWHERE.

Solaceon Town, Route 209 and Route 210 are the three most used places I use to hatch my eggs. If the species is one I like so much or is a PRNG shiny or IV-abused Pokémon, I choose between the Battle Arcade, Newmoon Island, ROTOM Room and the Distortion World.

Last edited:
I have started a habit of hatching my eggs in Floaroma Meadow, since I simply like the scenery a lot. I randomly run around there or cycle, whichever suits me at the moment. If I someday want some Ice-type Pokémon egg, I'll probably hatch it in Snowpoint City, just because. :'D

So far: in Emerald--along that straight path from Verdanturf through Mauville to what I call the mouth of the "Fortree River" (it's clearly the same stream that flows down that route west of Fortree, so...)

In LG--I breed on Four Island and then I make a circuit from Celadon to Fuchsia and back via Lavender and Saffron, down the cycling road (Wheee!) and up the Bond Bridge. There's no good long straight routes in Kanto--a loop's the best you can do.

In DP--Along the route that runs from the milk bar through Solaceon down to the ruined tower where you find Spiritomb, same as everybody else.

In SS--no idea yet.

(And since I've been busy hatching eggs in Kanto and Sinnoh, I should know full well.)

I ride my bike in a loop around Sinnoh, usually down from Solaceon, thru Hearthome, Pastoria, and over to Sunyshore, and ride the solar panels for a while. Then I'll go back thru that same path in reverse.

Rinse and Repeat.

Also, I usually have my Magmar, "Hot Shit", with me.

On Platinum and Pearl, I bike up and down the same path as 90% of the other people in this thread.

I keep the screen somewhere where I can just barely see the screen moving. When it stops moving I just hold the opposite D-pad button and keep doing that over and over until I see it stop with a tiny flash of white.

In LG/FR, anywhere!
In R/S/E, go to the cycling road with Macargo, then other places like Gyms, and cities like Lilycove, Slateport, etc... Almost anywhere except raining places...
In D/P/Pl, from Solaceon to anywhere else with egg warmer.

In LG--I breed on Four Island and then I make a circuit from Celadon to Fuchsia and back via Lavender and Saffron, down the cycling road (Wheee!) and up the Bond Bridge. There's no good long straight routes in Kanto--a loop's the best you can do.)
Haha holy crap that's the same route I use! XD

In Silver, Soul Silver and Crystal if I haven't defeated the Elite Four yet I cycle repeatedly between Goldenrod City, Route 35 and Route 34. If I have defeated Blue I take the Magnet Train to Kanto and cycle in a circle from Saffron City to Celdon City to Fuchsia City to Lavender Town to Saffron City using the Cycling Road.
In Sapphire and Emerald I either cycle between Verdanturf Town, Mauville City and Route 118 or cycle between Mauville City and Slateport City using the Cycling Road.
In Leaf Green I go on the Ship to Vermillion City cycle to Saffron City then do the same cycle as in Kanto in the Johto games.
In Pearl and Platinum I cycle between Hearthome City, Solaceon Town, Route 210 and Route 215.
In Black I cycle between Route 3, Nacrene City and Castelia City using the Skyarrow Bridge.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom