• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where do you go to hatch eggs?

In BW, I bike around Route 3, Straiaton City, Route 2, and the Dreamyard.

In B/W, I just stick to biking around Route 3, as it's the most convenient for me while hatching multiple eggs at once. I never bothered with eggs in previous games.

Last edited:
B/W: From the daycare to the beginning of Skyarrow Bridge then the latter bridge for the rest of the steps.
HG/SS: Goldenrod City and near the Daycare OR Cycling Road.
D/P/Pt: Near the daycare and the northern and southern route OR Cycling Road.
R/S/E: Never hatched any eggs in these games any recently but it's near the Daycare's route and Mauvile. I NEVER use Cycling Road for it in these games because this isn't a straight line like the others are.
FR/LG: Cycling Road.

DppT: Solaceon to hearthome and back.
HG/SS: I dont breed on here very much
B/W: Skyarrow bridge

I found a gold mine to hatch in Unova.

Battle Subway circular entrance, leave a button stuck with something heavy, go to pee. (If you choose the correct tile, no NPC will stop you)

I usually hatch them in the route where the daycare centre is.

Just easier that way.

In Sinnoh, I think it's easiest to go back and forth on the routes going north and south of Solaceon Town. Otherwise for the other games, I just walk around until they hatch.

Kanto: I usually go in a circle comprised of the Cycling Road, Fuschia City, Lavender Town, and Celadon city.
Johto: Assuming I haven't decided to just go to Kanto and hatch them using my normal method there, I usually go to National Park.
Hoenn: The Cycling Road/Slateport City - in the latter, the long, empty stretch between the Pokémon Center and the water is highly useful.
Sinnoh: Cycling Road (how original!)
Isshu: Erm... I haven't gotten around to hatching eggs yet in Black, to be honest.

Always near the daycare. GS, up to the end of goldenrod and back down to the daycare.
RSE, left to right on the daycare or on the cycling road (the mach bike minigame is a pretty fun way to hatch eggs, and close to the daycare)
Fr/Lg, the cycling road (since 4 island sucks for hatching eggs, and the cycling road goes downhill, meaning I don't have to do anything).
D/P, through Solaceon town, up and down.
B/W, Route 3 left to right. Though sometimes I go to Sky Arrow Bridge for fun (mainly when I'm not waiting for a new batch of eggs)

Most of my egg hatching has been done in SS, where I prefer Goldenrod City and Cycling Road (the latter for eggs that take more time).

D/P/Pt: I circle around the region, I also use Sunnyshore City's solar panels.
HG/SS: I mainly use Goldenrod City as well as route 34 (lol, route 34)
B/W: I circle around the region, I also use Skyarrow bridge.

In Emerald, I cycled between Verdanturf town and Route 118. I also tend to use the Cycling Road.

Wow. I feel kind of dumb after reading these posts. I never even considered the cycling roads. LOL I'm never in too much of a hurry to hatch my eggs, though, so I usually fly back to the very first town where the player starts his/her journey and then ride throughout all the regions again, especially in White where I feel like I discover something new each time. As for hatching, I'm a dork. I check on the status periodically and when it turns to the whole "OMG STOP YOUR CAR IT'S GONNA HATCH SOON!" I fly back to the first town (Nuvema, for example) for the baby to be born. I know, it's terribly cheesy and silly and pointless, but I just feel closer to the little one when they've been born in "my" hometown. I'm more likely to actually put effort into their growth rather than chunk it into the PC. But I do get irritated if I have too many eggs in tow. I don't think I'm the best baby person.

In Black/White, Twist Mountain. I bring along a ton of Repels and pick up gems/stones as I hatch eggs (and kill the Drilbur for a few extra points)

In D/P/Pt I go from Solaceon to Hearthome.
In HG/SS I go from Goldenrod to Violet City
In B/W I go from Straition City to Castelia City.

When I RNG breed, I build up my step counter on common breeding routes, like Route 209-Solcaon-Route 210 in DPPt. When it's close to hatching, I Fly over to the destined hatch place that fits the Pokemon. For example, I have a Metagross that was hatched on the Iron Island. Pretty neat, huh?

When I don't? Any place, really.

I hatch them wherever, either on cycling road, or in the mystery zone.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom