• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

Not going to use the original Ruby team of Sceptile/Swellow/Mawile/Zangoose/Claydol/Altaria.

I'm going for something different this time.

Omega Ruby
Sceptile
Blaziken (from Alpha Sapphire, Poke Bank transfer)
Swampert (from Alpha Sapphire, Poke Bank transfer)
Claydol
Altaria
Froslass (hopefully)

Alpha Sapphire
Swellow
Breloom
Torkoal
Mawile
Manectric
Walrein

For Omega Ruby, I suppose I'm just BANKING on being able to use Poke Bank.

Last edited:

Assuming
1. The dex is the same
2. I won't do a themed team or challenge run
3. It doesn't conflict with my starter choice

I think I'll use Salamence and Claydol.

My usual Hoenn team, which consists of Swampert, Gardevoir, Aggron, Flygon, Raichu, and either Hariyama or Dusclops. Could make some changes, though.

Not going to use the original Ruby team of Sceptile/Swellow/Mawile/Zangoose/Claydol/Altaria.

Omega Ruby
Sceptile
Claydol
Altaria
Froslass (hopefully)

Alpha Sapphire
Swellow
Breloom
Camerupt
Mawile
Manectric
Walrein

You know, if these games are anything like the other remakes, the Version Exclusives should remain the same as the originals. In which case, Mawile only appears in Ruby.

For sure I won't use Torchic, because I've used it too much and would be redundant.

So, I think I'll go for:

- Sceptile/Swampert
- Gyarados/Roserade
- Flygon
- Gardevoir
- Magnezone (seriously, if GF does the same as HG/SS again and don't leave special zones to evolve, I think I'll kill them)
- Milotic
- Pinsir/Heracross
- Salamence
- Camerupt

I have to discard several of these, of course.

Swampert
Flygon
Shiftry
Swellow
Torkoal
Dusclops/Dusknoir

My usual team when going through R/E, except for Dusknoir. Something tells me I'm suddenly gonna have a team of Megas, bar swellow.

The Mudkip line because I always choose the water starters (even though I'm really not fond of Mudkip's line), and Taillow/Swellow, because they are my favorite beginning bird line of the series. It took me forever to get my Taillow in X.

I can't remember much of anything else, as I do believe the last time I played through the original was ten years ago. lol

The only pokemon I know I'll certainly be using is Torchic. I like Salamence, so I may try to capture a bagon. I like Metagross too, except I doubt Beldum will be found in the wild, like in the original Ruby and Sapphire.

I'm unaware what other Pokemon I'll use, it will be easier to plan once I know which Pokemon will be available to me.

I was thinking of using

Sceptile
Swellow
Hariyama
Torkoal/Camerupt
Absol
Walrein

However I might choose to use Blaziken and if so I'll have another team set up.

Gonna be the same team i used in my recent Emerald playthrough

Swampert
Swellow
Manectric
Ludicolo
Flygon

I couldn't say. I don't even know what starter I'm going to choose. Hoenn is the only generation that I could use almost any Pokemon and feel good about it, so I'm sure I'll just end up using a rotation of many different Pokemon.

sceptile
Aggron
torkoal
ninjask
shedinja
pelipur HM slave

Hmm...I might go for a rotation team this time around, Ash style. My general finals rule is that I can double a type, but Pokémon must still have at least one unique type.
Mainstays and finals
Swampert
Flygon
Gallade
Possible Finals
Manetric
Chandelure (Now this is just hope.) or Dusknoir
Rotations
Torkoal
Magnezone
Aggron
Lanturn or Relicanth

So far in my mind I only have 3 selected, Linoone (cannot be missing for any reason at all! other wise I can't play the games Favorite in Hoenn), Delcatty, and Mightyena.

On my first run I may keep the starter, Mudkip. Aside from that no plans yet, I'm waiting to find out which Pokemon will be available.

Omega Ruby
Sceptile
Claydol
Altaria
Froslass (hopefully)

Alpha Sapphire
Swellow
Breloom
Camerupt
Mawile
Manectric
Walrein

You know, if these games are anything like the other remakes, the Version Exclusives should remain the same as the originals. In which case, Mawile only appears in Ruby.

Whoops, forgot about that... Poke Bank, then?

Omega Ruby
Sceptile
Claydol
Altaria
Froslass (hopefully)

Alpha Sapphire
Swellow
Breloom
Camerupt
Mawile
Manectric
Walrein

Whoops, forgot about that... Poke Bank, then?

Seems you're set on getting Sapphire first, so either that or trade~

Omega Ruby:
--Blaziken
--Gardevoir
--Roserade
--Flygon
--Froslass
--Kingdra

Alpha Sapphire:
--Swampert
--Metagross
--Salamence
--Manectric/Luxray/Jolteon
--Gengar
--Gliscor

Always loved using Luxray, Breloom, and Slaking. So them along with probably Sceptile and Flygon will most likely be what my team ends up looking like. Could go anywhere though - I do love using Pokemon I haven't used before (so maybe Froslass, Metagross if it's attainable earlyish, Salamance, or Mawile).

Definitely won't be using any I used in Y, if they're available.

Starter-wise, I'll pick Treecko since that's the one I've picked the least often in Hoenn. Not sure if I'll keep it in the party, however, since I want to use Pokémon in my in-game team that I like but never used earlier. Some of those that I've thought about are Aggron, Flygon, Crawdaunt, and maybe Crobat, but still a bit unsure about the rest. Note that to me dual typing is almost a must on each, as is having as little type overlap as possible, so while I'd like to add stuff like Walrein or Metagross, that'd mean leaving out Crawdaunt or Aggron respectively.

In particular, Breloom would be a very solid Sceptile replacement, but I already used it in Ruby so I'd rather not do so again.

Last edited:

Ruby
Mudkip -> Marshtomp -> Swampert <-> Mega Swampert (if present)
Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir <-> Mega Gardevoir
Mawile <-> Mega Mawile
Electrike -> Manectric <-> Mega Manectric
Absol <-> Mega Absol
Tropius

Reserves: Zangoose, Banette, Megagross

Sapphire
Treecko -> Grovyle -> Sceptile <-> Mega Sceptile (If present)
Sableye
Aron -> Lairon -> Aggron <-> Mega Aggron
Meditie -> Medicham <-> Mega Medicham
Bagon -> Shelgon -> Salamence
Carvanha -> Sharpedo

Reserves: Seviper, Dusclops, Milotic

And by the way, I didn't choose these because they are Mega's. It just happens that most of my favourite Hoenn Pokémon got Mega's haha!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom