• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

So, I have made a rule that I can only use a species in one team in each generation, except in Gen 5 I had a brainfart where I used Crobat in B2 and W2. I used Blaziken in X, so that rules out Torchic line. I have to choose between Treecko line and Mudkip line, depending on the stat changes by Megas. (If there are Swampert/Sceptile Megas)
* Treecko Team: (So Far) Sceptile, Sharpedo, Gallade
* Mudkip Team: (So Far) Swampert, Shiftry, Gallade
I am using Gallade no matter what because I don't care about Mega Gardevoir, and I will have a Fairy-type as long as I need it, as though I won't evolve Kirlia to Gallade until Norman's Gym. I had another brainfart where I made a fourth member of the Mudkip team, but forgot it. I kinda want to go with the Sceptile team, but I've never used any of these Pokémon ever, because my only Hoenn game, Emerald, was my very first Nuzlocke, and I ain't so lucky. Gallade seems cool, and so does Shiftry, but Sharpedo seems awesome. I might change one. If you can get other starters before E4, then I might choose Fire starter, as long as the starters aren't Kalos.

I dislike having more than one Pokemon of the same type on my team, but there's so many good Water-types in Hoenn it almost seems like a disservice to limit yourself to just one, right?

Eh, I could care less about Water. There's no flames in Hoenn, other than Camerupt and Blaziken. But I do agree, If you look at my team plans. I've had 2 games w/ 2 fighting types (W2, Emboar-Lucario, X, Chesnaught-Blaziken) but otherwise it is well rounded. The only thing is maybe 2 fairy-types before Norman's Gym, because of Kirlia/Ralts the Psychic/Fairies, and Gallade the Psychic/Fighting.

Definitely doing Teecko. Maybe Wingull. Maybe Aron. After that, perhaps Gulpin? Wanted to use one in X/Y, but I stopped in hopes that these remakes would finally be announced.

Sceptile
Sceptile
Sceptile
Sceptile
Sceptile
Swellow

With a female starter, anything's possible!

Definitely doing Teecko. Maybe Wingull. Maybe Aron. After that, perhaps Gulpin? Wanted to use one in X/Y, but I stopped in hopes that these remakes would finally be announced.

Gulpin is a Pokemon I've never used, and I contemplated using one is X/Y also but Team SassyPants used them constantly so I got sick of seeing them! That always happens to me, the antagonistic team uses the same 8 Pokemon and it puts a bad taste in my mouth. They ruin poison and dark types for everyone!!!

Perhaps I'll power through and train a Gulpin for my OR/AS team.

Sceptile or Blaziken
Mightyena
Gardevoir
Swellow
Milotic (if I can find a damn Feebas)
Roserade

Depends whether the Regional Dex will stay the same. If it doesn't then my predicted team will probably be:
- Sceptile
- Swellow
- Frosslass
- Armaldo
- Huntail
- Flygon

Although it will probably change when it's released. I had my heart set on Fletchling being a priority for my team in XY, then they went and added too many fire types available and Fletchling fell to the glory of my Lizardon. Please don't give us so many options at the beginning of the game this time, seriously, I don't want a wi-fi gift as soon as we get the game unless it has no relevance to playing it. Got so sick of the over-use of Blaziken at the beginning of XY, I actually dislike it now. No more over-powered giveaways, it's stupid.

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Teams?

I'm getting both games but I'll just post my Omega Ruby team for now. This team holds some nostalgia for me, because all of them except Walrein and Ninetales were on my team in my very first game, Pokemon Ruby. I'm adding those two in for type coverage. (I do what most of the rival characters do and try to always get a Grass, Fire, and Water Pokemon, no exceptions)

Omega Ruby:

254.png
365.png
038.png
310-m.png
227.png
464.png

Last edited:

OR team:
- Swampert/Mega
- Salamence
- Glalie
- Manectric
- Banette
- Groudon/Primal (for sake of walkthrough will use Primal Groudon and Mega Swampert interchangbly)

AS team
- Sceptile/Mega
- Flygon
- Aggron
- Camerupt
- Gardevoir
- Kyogre/Primal (for sake of walkthrough, will use Mega Sceptile and Primal Kyogre interchangbly)

Eh, why not? Here's Alpha Sapphire too, not as iconic or nostalgic as my Omega Ruby team, just something I threw together with Swampert as the base, following somewhat of a pattern with my Omega Ruby team.

Alpha Sapphire:

260.png
332.png
323.png
282-m.png
178.png
373.png

Last edited:

Omega Ruby:
--Sceptile
--Pelipper
--Manectric
--Seviper
--Metagross
--Hariyama

Alpha Sapphire:
--Swampert
--Swellow
--Gardevoir
--Zangoose
--Shiftry
--Armaldo

Changing my mind - I'll be using

- Sceptile
- Sharpedo
- Metagross
- Flygon
- Gallade
- Version mascot

And they'd better make Beldum available in the main game, not the post game ;_;

OR:
Swampert (female)
Regice
Minun (female)
Groudon
Skarmory
Ninetales

AS:
Sceptile (male)
Regirock
Crobat
Kyogre
Armaldo
Raichu

Last edited:

I'll probably be getting Omega Ruby, while my team will probably be the exact same thing I had when I first played Ruby only because the Pokemon used were a lot of fun to actually use.

Swampert (though I hate his Mega Evolution)
Mightyena
Camerupt
Tropius
Flygon
Aggron (will probably be my Mega Evolution of the team)

I can't decide yet whether I should get Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. If "Delta Emerald" really is coming out at some point, I'd wait for that one instead.

My original team (on Emerald) was;
- Blaziken (I had a thing for Fire-type starters)
- Rayquaza (My other ace, other than Blazeiken)
- Groudon (Didn't use him much, but kept on the team anyways in case)
- Regice (Was and/or still addicted to this guy)
- Aggron (Never remembered to switch him out with someone else in the end)
- Wailord (Kinda okay, I guess)

Of course, I liked using that team... not that I had any strategy. I'm more of a Leeroy Jenkins-type, who just rush forward and defeat any Trainers I see. (And avoid any kind of training, too. Makes me wonder how I beat that game at all.) I mean, even my sister told me that I was pretty stupid back then, but eh. It was worth it, I guess. (At least I caught all the Regis.)

As for the remakes, I've decided on my team for O.Ruby/A.Sapphire/D.Emerald, which hopefully contains these;
- Swampert (first time I plan on choosing a Water Starter. Huh.)
- Shedinja (Like, seriously, I love this guy.)
- Regice (I love it.)
- Kirlia (I'll keep it a cute and powerful Kirlia.)
- Mawile (I love everything about her.)
- Claydol (Kinda feel like it, I guess.)

At the moment I'm leaning towards this as my final team for AS:

-Swampert (Bred from my original starter)
-Gardevoir
-Breloom (have also considered Manectric for this spot)
-Torkoal (Also been considering Camerupt for this spot)
-Absol (May use Mightyena or Sableye for a while until I get Absol)
-Salamence (Will use either Pelipper or Swellow until I get Salamence)

My Mega will rotate around probably. Sometimes I'll use Mega Swampert, sometimes Absol, etc. Whatever I feel like. They'll each have an alternate item when they're not Mega. Oh, and I'm planning on using a Linoone as an HM helper. Finally, unless Tropius gets a Mega Evolution, that's probably what the team will look like. But, if Tropius gets an amazing Mega, it might change a bit. Like, Tropius in place of Salamence. And then probably Manectric instead of Breloom.

All I've decided on so far for my AS team is Swampert and Exploud. I'll probably use Mega Sableye if it's available and it has moves and stats and whatever that I like just so that I have something that can help with catching other 'Mons. I'm also considering Breloom if Black Sludge or Toxic Orb are available during the main game, and I guess I'm going to need a Fly user (though I kinda wish there were more decent Flying types in Hoenn). Ultimately a lot of my team is going to depend on what items are available, so it'll probably change as I find out more about the games.

I will have Swampert and Milotic (hopefully), the rest I'll just choose as I go. I used to pick out every Pokemon I wanted before starting the game, then when I played Y I just went along catching anything and trying all different Pokemon. I had a lot more fun this way so that's what I plan to do for Saphire!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom