• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups A World Journey - It all starts at Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
OoC: Guys likely chance we will be going slow. So it is MORNING

So Group 1: Daphne, Jordan, Emily and Rafe and Group 2: Noah, Jeremy and Orabel will be making their way to Jublife City. While Group 3: @Axl and @Tempa! Will be landing at Twinleaf Town and getting their Pokedex and starter Pokemon (WHICH THEY CAN'T OPEN IN THE LAB)

Also right now: Pokemon catching is now Open, so other than the two landing, you can catch any Pokemon around the Sandgem Area, if you want near the beach (route 219) or the route 202

"Ahh that wasn't that bad of a sleep" Daphne smiled as she got up. The first thing she did was pull out her mirror to check her hair and her face. "I still look good but I'm hungry which means beach time swimming" she smiled in delight. She looked at her travel companions "Oh well they'll find me eventually."

She planned to head to the beach, so she was going to use the Pokemon Center restrooms to change into the a swimsuit and rushed towards the beach for some lovely morning, freezing cold exercise. But that plan didn't work out as her stomach started to rumble "Awww. I better no wake them up" Daphne walked out of the abandoned lab carefully until she tripped over a wire and fell down with a massive thud.

Rafe opened his eyes as he heard noise. He sat up looking around and groaned when he saw Daphne was missing. He took a pen and paper out of his bag and wrote a note for the others as he woke his sleeping ghost type and went to find Daphne finding her almost immediately as he exited the lab. "Why do you have to be so troublesome?" he asked her helping her up from the ground. "Next time wake someone before going out on your own."

"I'm fine and I didn't want to wake you guys up." She dusted off herself. "At least the Pokemon Center is open, get some food and a shower and I can't wear the same clothes in two days in a row" Daphne walked up to the Pokemon Center. "It's not right" The honey blonde attractive teen walked into the Sandgem Pokemon Center to get a shower and then some food but more important was the shower.

Pink locks strayed in the wind, dangling loosely in the wind as the young girl walked down the path alone. There were no wild pokemon here, so she had nothing to worry about as far as being attacked. There was a bag strung loosely over her shoulder, holding a few changes of clothes and supplies of the sort. It drug down the left sleeve of her jacket, but she didn't care. In fact, making this trip wasn't her idea period.
Her parents had decided she needed to go on a journey, and having made a few calls, had arranged for the professor to be aware of her coming. So being dropped off in Jubilife City, she had treked for the last hour down the dirt road, making her way to the next town over.
It didn't take her long to get there. The town was only a mile or two away, and it had taken her probably about an hour to walk. She asked a few strangers for directions, eventually coming upon the massive building. She paused for a second, taking a moment to gain her composure before knocking on the door.

(OOC: I don't know if you control the Professor or if we are supposed to do it.)

Sammy sighed as he continued walking down a path that was nearly devoid of pokemon, save a a family of Starly flying above.
He was truly enjoying the scenery. More more lush scenery than Kanto, which is for the most part quite industrialized, save parts such as Pallet or Viridian.
But he wasn't surprised that his parents permitted him to go on a journey. They would have done anything get have the house all to themselves. It was pitiful, honestly. They were so wrapped-up in their money and entertainment that they didn't even care about his feelings. Let alone what he wanted to do in life.
Sammy couldn't wait to live the lifestyle of a trainer. Raising baby pokemon, winning battles, and using a pokedex. He wanted that so badly.
After all, what else was there? Nothing but that and Computers, Sammy thought.
Sammy had seen the same building in sight for the last 5 minutes. He presumed it was his destination. Where he would receive his first pokemon. He became nervous yet excited just thinking about it. He picked up his pace and a minute later, he arrived at the entrance of said building, only to see another person waiting there. A pink-haired girl with a jacket on.
He asked, "You're here for the professor, too?"

The girl looked at the other teen, staring at him blankly before nodding and knocking on the door again.

Sammy shrugged and sat down next to the door entrance and took out his laptop. He then began typing line after line of code. Sammy thought, What the hell is she doing in there?

Noah woke up to the brisk morning air and exhaled.

'Another day of traveling' Noah thought quietly as he unraveled a worn map.

He traced his fingers and found the next largest city, Jublife city.

Doing a few quick mental calculations, Noah calculated the time to get there and soon started making breakfast from supplies in his duffel bag, careful not to wake the other two traveling with him.

Jeremy rubbed his eyes, the morning sun shining in his face. He must have awakened to the various chatter of utensils and other supplies coming from Noah's bag on one side of him, and Orabel's sleeping body on the other side. He sprang from his sleeping bag into the brisk dawn.

"Good morning," he said, stretching. "What's for breakfast? I can start a fire if you need."

OOC: Nnnnn, I'm lazy right now, so this'll be short.

A strange old man opened the door.

"Ah, come in. You must be Mizone," the old man said, glancing at her up and down. "Pink hair...huh..."

"You have the Pokemon my parents asked you to give me?" the girl asked bluntly. The old man nodded, leading her inside. When they got to the back, he opened up a strange looking case, taking out a round spherical object with a button on the front.

"This is it," he told her, extending the object out to her. The girl nodded, seemingly unfazed by the occurence. The Professor examined her, mentally noting how much she was like her mother. "Hold on, I have something else for you."

The girl watched him once again as he walked over to a desk, pulling out a strange device and handing it to her. "This is a PokeDex. It records data on all Pokemon you meet. These aren't things you can get just anywhere, so be careful with it."

Mizone gave one last nod and thanked the man, walking outside of the labratory. She decided to head back to Jubilife City since it was still early morning, and Route 202 would give her the perfect chance to meet her new Pokemon.

"Good morning." Noah said as he finished unpacking his things.

"A fire would be good, I was going to boil some soup for myself to shake off the cold but I can cook anything that you two want" Noah said as he began chopping up vegetables for soup broth.

"It'll be just a second."

Jeremy jumped from the ground, rapidly running towards a tree. He emerged into his bag, pulling out a blade that was attached to a metallic chain. He swung it like a whip, cutting down several tree branches in one go. Tossing the branches near Noah, he pulled out his Pokeball.

"Tenor, use Will-o'-Wisp!" he announced, prompting the Shuppet to emerge in a dark light. He took a breath and launched a blue stream of fire towards the twigs. They caught fire in a blue, ominous flame.

"Better than nothing..." he said. Tenor drifted towards the vegetables.

Orabel was still stirring around in her slumber, trying desperately to keep her eyes open. During the course of last night, Orabel did not return Elgyem to its pokeball. So it was instead by her side trying to shake her awake so she wouldn't keep the other two waiting for when they were ready to leave.

She made a small groan into her sleeping bag, probably aching from the "adventures" she had getting here. Ever so slowly wiggling herself out, she had fully opened her eyes in time to fully witness the Will-o-Wisp birthing a fire for their breakfast. The Elgyem, who seemed a little relieved and proud for waking her up, was now seated in her lap for the moment she still was on the ground.

Her eyes stared at the fire, Orabel silent for a moment until she perked up. "Ah yeah.. good morning.." she murmured ever so lazily, making an equally lazy half-smile.

"Alright, thanks for the fire. I got the rest." Noah said as he poured water into a pot from his bag and placed it over the fire.

Soon the vegetables turned the water into a souplike color as Noah continued to add spices from his bag and also from the local plants.

Noah then added the meat to the broth and a spicy yet sweet smell began to come from the stew.

"Good morning Orabel." Noah said with what he hoped was a friendly tone.

"So, why did you guys go on your journeys?" Noah asked to pass the time.

Jeremy flinched at the question. He had recalled the events that led him to embark on his journey.

"To be honest, I don't really want to think about it. But our family needed extra support after-"

He paused again, nearly holding back tears.

"L-let's just say I need some financial help. Believe it or not, I'm just in it for the money."

Another long hum came out from Orabel as she thought about what to say.

"Why, huh..?" she said, stretching out the sound of her words. "Well.. I guess you could say I was.. inspired by my oldest sister. I wanted to do a journey in my home region Hoenn but.."
Silence came over her for a moment, as if she was remembering what had happened when she set off. A look of slight despair came upon her and Orabel was quiet for awhile.

Elgyem, curious as to why she was quiet, poked at her face to see if she was still awake. "..a lot of stuff happened to have me somehow wind up here. So.." Another small, sheepish laughter came from Orabel.
"What about you Noah?"

"Money and siblings." Noah remarked as he stirred the stew.

"Myself? I just didn't have anything to lose."

"I didn't want to enroll in an Academy so I thought I'd explore until I found... Something." Noah said with a sense of melancholy.

"I don't know what I'm looking for but I figured I'd know when I found it "

Lost in his own words, Noah nearly forgot his stew was finished.

Noah poured each of the trainers and their pokemon a bowl of the stew and took Rocky out of his Pokeball.

As he gave each of them their bowl, Rocky the Roggenrola let out a small vibration and merely stood in front of his bowl unmoving.

Upon seeing the bowl of soup, Tenor let out a cry of happiness. Without hesitating, he loosed another ball of ghastly fire towards the broth, inexplicably igniting it. He curled up near it, devouring the soup in seconds.

Meanwhile, Jeremy had pulled out his bass, quietly and politely strumming the line he had composed on the plane. He had always thought it was crucial to distract yourself while playing, as to assist in muscle memory. Soon, he was alternating between strumming, taking sips from his meal, and adding to the conversation.

"Jubilife City, huh? One day in and we're already headed towards the big city." He then took a moment to examine the Starly flying overhead. 'So peaceful...'

"A big city does have lots of opportunities to make money however." Noah said as he sipped from his own bowl.

"And unless we want to live off of tree nuts and wild berries, we need money since I used all of my cash to buy the tickets to fly over here." Noah said calmly as if he had merely misplaced a belonging and not just admitted to being broke.

Rocky began to stand in his bowl of soup, using the warmth to heat himself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom