• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Blastoise, Venusaur, or Charizard

Charizard.

Charmander was my very first Pokemon ever. He was difficult to train in R/B, but the payoff was amazing.

Even today, Charizard remains one of my top favorites.

def blastoise. cahrizard doesnt look col anymore and venasaur i never really liked. plus, blastoise can learn earthquake andd ice beam, cancelling out both of its weaknesses

Charizard. First pokemon I ever had, and won me every badge and league match I had a charmander, charmeleon, or charizard in(yes, even the water ones).

The same. The first time I played Red back in 1998 I never trained any Pokémon besides my Charmander (I was to lazy to think a strategy and pick up just 6 Pokémon, and I love the little lizard a lot), so I ended with my Charizard at level 100 around Viridian Gym. Elite Four gave me some problems, but I could beat them with a couple of hyper potions.

It was just a mistake, I wanted to buy Blue version and choose Squirtle as my starter, but my dad couldn't find the blue cartridge and bought me the red one. Still I wanted to choose Squirtle but oh, I accidentally chose Charmander. I decided to try it and if I didn't like it, restart the game, but that wasn't necessary: the first night I got through Brock and Misty with just Charmander and started loving it, so I went on with the lizard Pokémon and so on. That was on November 9th, 1998.

Since then, red is my favorite color and I always choose the fire-type starter. The only exception was recently when I bought LeafGreen and chose Squirtle (for a change and to go back to my roots) and Piplup for Diamond. I ended restarting LG with Charmander and when I get Platinum, may be I'll go for Chimchar.

I know Blastoise with Ice Beam can wipe out both starters, but in general, Charizard is far more usable, and I think it's the coolest Pokémon ever <3(close-seconded by Mewtwo, of course XD)

By the way, I never liked Venusaur...

Sceptile! oh, that wasn't one of the options? Then I'll pick Venusaur instead.

Charizard of course...I like dragons or dragon related things.

Hmm.. Who is better? Charizard? Blastoise? Venusaur?

Lol This is probably one of the first great discussons that has ever happened in the pokemon universe xD

Well, I like the three starters almost equally, but, if I had to pick one it would be Venusaur. Yeah, probably Charizard is the coolest/more popular of the three, but the one I used more in the games was Venusaur.

Well these 3 are the best starters pokemon have ever seen so this is a hard choice.

Because i have used all of these three at one point or another.. But My Favourite pokemon is and always will be charizard so my choice is charizard for the best of the three.

Im not putting down Blastoise or Venusaur because they make up the greatest trio of pokemon starters so far.

Happy New Year,

Last edited:
Charizard by a mile, especially with the slightly altered movepool that it's predecessors have access to in FR/LG (Metal Claw ftw). I prefer the fire starter in every single generation other than the III because Swampert is awesome.

I would have to say Blastoise... Mainly because I'm in love with 'em, and my favourite type is water. And Water > Fire, And Ice (which EVERY Blastoise is equipped with) > Grass... so

Yeah :D

They're all pretty versatile, Venusaur being being to take hits, dish them out, and support its teammates. Blastoise is able to do the same, and has Ice Beam and Rapid Spin to take care of dragons and make sure Sashers are still able to work as Sashers. Charizard can sweep with the best of them, but with Stealth Rocks and spinners becoming less popular, its hard for Zard to set up like he used to, but he does has more special moves to support its superior Special Attack.

I personally prefer Blastoise, but that's just because I love turtles.

Venusaur all the way! I have a soft spot for grass-type Pokemon. Next would be Blastoise, then Charizard.

Back
Top Bottom