• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW042: Don Battle Tournament! Satoshi vs. Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW040-42: Don Battle Tournament

Unless I've completely missed something. It hasn't been stated what round it's in yet. But signs do point to it being the final match, given that Golett is seen being used in Luke's first match, Excadrill's VA is not listed in the next episode making it possible it's used in the third round, and the match between Axew and Golett again is seen on the last episode of the tournament.

Blah. I don't understand though, why would they spoil the final round match, but not tell us who they fight in the semi-finals if that is true? That seems a little...backwards. This is just confusing.

Edit: Okay, well since the scan says semi-finals, then there we go. I say Luke beats her, and Ash/Luke in the finals. Possibly.

...where?
This
9QpTy.jpg

I'm pretty sure he saw that one already.

Yup. Can't say I see anything about "semifinals" in there.

Not that I have any doubts it IS the semifinals, but the scan says nothing about it.

It is important to remember that we have only covered half of the first round in the first episode alone. It is expected that the tournament will cover the rest of the first round and at least Ash VS Langley in the second episode. We can only assume that the fourth and final episode of the tournament will air on 8/11.

It now depends on what will be covered in the third episode. Will everything (including the semifinals) be included, or will the semifinals and the finals take place in the last episode? There is nothing on the scan that confirms Iris and Luke's battle will take place in the finals, or even the semifinals. It could be either for now.

Last edited:

I'll say it again, I am fully prepared for "Mary Sue" Luke to win the entire tournament. If Ash gets to the finals he deserves to win, but the writers will probably have Luke win, and I am still betting his Zoura will evolve in the final match.

Time to build the shelters, I fully imagine Luke receiving hatred on levels of Tobias and Richie after this. *hides*

I'll say it again, I am fully prepared for "Mary Sue" Luke to win the entire tournament. If Ash gets to the finals he deserves to win, but the writers will probably have Luke win, and I am still betting his Zoura will evolve in the final match.

Time to build the shelters, I fully imagine Luke receiving hatred on levels of Tobias and Richie after this. *hides*

He be a Gary Stu -_- he's a man treat him like one :p besides its just a tourney. These things don't matter as much as the leagues

I only disliked Tobias because he used cheap legendaries to win. That battle felt so mediocre, since Ash was pretty creamed by the guy. Richie was just a pathetic copy of Ash.

Luke is different. He doesn't really come off as being a cheap excuse for Ash to lose, IMO. He seems like a legit competent trainer, so I wouldn't care if him or Ash came out on top.

Until we see how Luke wins then we can judge if he is that stupid woman's name or not.

yes because Zorua and Larvesta supposedly have legendary status--; why people assume them to be legendary i have no idea.

rare yes, legendary no.

Well why is Luke getting so far in the first place?

I thought Luke was going to be one of the first ones out, instead he makes it to the semi-finals? They are obviously promoting him.

I thought Luke was going to be one of the first ones out, instead he makes it to the semi-finals? They are obviously promoting him.

So you're basically saying its more believable for him to lose because he hasn't been showcased much? Maybe the reason why he is getting this far is probably because he is a great trainer.

Think about it this way. Why would the writers introduce a character in the episode before the tournament takes place unless they plan on promoting his or her character? This is very similar to the Richie, Morrison, Tyson, or Hrarison situation. However, Luke's presence in the anime is receiving much more attention due to the nature of this introduction.

We cannot conclude that Luke is a weaker trainer than everybody else competing in the tournament just because we have no physical validation (such as badges) to complement his battling skill. "Rivals" from the past such as Tyson, Richie, or Harrison were introduced on the premise that they had each received the necessary number of badges to compete in a regional competition. Even Tobias's situation could be understood just because he was capable of catching and raising legendary pokemon, which required a great amount of skill and experience on the trainer's behalf. Conversely, Luke lacks any of that substantial proof to back up his capability to battle.

All of this hatred towards Luke can best be alleviated by a general consesus that the character will never be present on-screen after the end of this tournament. Luke is only competing in the Don Battle in order to experience more passionate battlings that can be used in tandem with his future films.

Yup. Can't say I see anything about "semifinals" in there.

Not that I have any doubts it IS the semifinals, but the scan says nothing about it.

Some one said they use 3 V.S 3 in the final's, look's to me like they are using 1 V.S 1 here, which mean's it can't be the final's. I really hope Iris looses here, as I said before she's a newbie still. It's understandable for Ash to get this far, he's been traveling for some time now and has been in many league's/tournament's. What's Iris been in? Just this tournament's, she still has a lot to do with her Pokemon too so. This would be the perfect part for her to loose in, for a newbie she'd still have done ok but well you get the idea.

If it's 3 v 3 in the finals. The the first of it could be Kibago vs Golett. Golett is seen being used in his first battle of the tournament. He's also seen being used in the last episode of the tournament. I could make a logical conclusion that, they both are using the same Pokemon they used in the first round, as the first part of the 3 v 3.

That being said, I don't mind Luke getting this far in the tournament. Iris on the other hand bothers me, because she got off free at a time where she could have lost the most ( the Emonga battle.) because of a lack of bond between her, and her Pokemon.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, it look's more like 1 V.s 1 to me here. I guess will have to wait and see if it's the final's or not, better not be though.

Okay, I'm confused.

The order fro round one was/will be: (losers' names slashed out)

Langley vs. RC1 (random character #1), RC2 vs. RC3
RC4 vs. RC5, Burgundy vs. Ash
Cilan vs. Trip, Bianca vs. Keniyan
Luke vs. RC6, Iris vs. Yoshihiko (aka RC7)

Given how a single elimination tournament works, they couldn't be the final round. Luke is fighting Iris in round 2, and its' confirmed that Iris fights Keniyan in Round 3, right?

We'll see. But unless, the finals are a very rushed 3 v 3, if that's indeed what it turns out to be...I would think the last episode would devote solely to the final battle, then use the excess time for character interactions.

Edit: @ Miar we don't know what round Iris is battling Luke in. It just says 8/11 is when Iris/Luke is taking place. She beats Watchdog in round 1, Kenyan in round 2. That's all we know for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom