• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW042: Don Battle Tournament! Satoshi vs. Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW040-42: Don Battle Tournament

Maybe a big plot twist (COUGHNCOUGH) could happen there?
N would hardly enjoy watching a tournament, so he has no business being here. This arc would be far more interesting if it took place in the Battle Subway with N replacing Luke, but adhering to the games just isn't the writers' cup of tea these days.

N would hardly enjoy watching a tournament, so he has no business being here. This arc would be far more interesting if it took place in the Battle Subway with N replacing Luke, but adhering to the games just isn't the writers' cup of tea these days.

Well, he could use it to fuel his wanting to separate humans and Pokemon.

Maybe a big plot twist (COUGHNCOUGH) could happen there?

What big important plot twist? N? Please. The most we'll get out of this tournament is, maybe Axew learning a new move..since it's most likely in the finals.

This tournament just kinda seemed like a big apology letter to the Iris fans, to make up for her not doing much of anything for the first 30+ episodes of the series. N would have been nice, but they took a less tolerable route.

What fueled that ambition in the games was his growing up with abused Pokémon, as opposed to watching a bunch of kids battle.

This isn't the games. I doubt they'll even bring that up here.

And I didn't mean fuel as "the exact reason" I meant it at part of the reason, adding fuel to the fire.

Also, it's just an idea. I only said N out of many possible things that can happen.

What big important plot twist? N? Please. The most we'll get out of this tournament is, maybe Axew learning a new move..since it's most likely in the finals.

This tournament just kinda seemed like a big apology letter to the Iris fans, to make up for her not doing much of anything for the first 30+ episodes of the series. N would have been nice, but they took a less tolerable route.

I wouldn't say she didn't do anything, per se...

Also, it's just an idea. I only said N out of many possible things that can happen.

But what, are the many possible things that could happen? I expected that since Luke/Iris is probably the finals, that we'd get Axew evolving. But the next episode shows us otherwise. So the most we'll get is Axew learning a new move, if we even get that.

The only real twist in this tournament was the main characters beating each other's rivals.

Last edited:

It's hilarious how many people are bitching Iris and complaining about her even though it wasn't even confirmed she's in the finals. :>

If Iris/Luke is the finals, which right now, I doubt, then that means Ash probably loses to one of them. I don't want to jinx it, though. I expected Iris to be knocked out of the tournament in the first/second round, and now look. xD

While an evolution on Ash/Iris's team would've been great, I think the "point" of this tourny is character interaction. They made some interesting characters and they wanted to see them all in the same place?

It's hilarious how many people are bitching Iris and complaining about her even though it wasn't even confirmed she's in the finals. :>

True. Rounds 1 and 2 will overlap in BW040, so it is very likely that Iris's battle will take place in either the semifinals or the finals. We know that both Iris and Luke have advanced to at least the semifinals. That is all.

I would not care in the least bit if Ash or Iris were in the final match. Axew and Emolga will receive as much development as they possibly can in their battles. The same will apply for Palpitoad or Snivy against their respective initial opponents. Will it make a difference for either one of them if they were used for a second time in the tournament?

Right now I am actually rooting for Iris's team to receive more development over Ash's here. Ash has a gym battle coming up in future episodes, so the writers are solid in developing his other pokemon. Iris, on the other hand, is more or less complete with her development with Excadrill. Emolga will most likely learn to obey Iris's commands in battle during the tournament, and may be sitting out of the limelight for a while after this competition is over. Axew's development is essentially Iris's primary goal throughout the journey. Axew, in particular, has to redeem himself from his horrible loss against Langley's Beartic a few episodes back.

It's funny because if any other character other than Iris came this far, this place would be at peace. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preferences rather than excuses such as "not strong enough" or "no real development". I'm looking forward to seeing Kibago battle again, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Emonga again because she's been appearing rarely for a while now. I'm looking forward to the 'only' interesting rival interactions between Iris and Langley because no matter how shallow it might be, Langley has a motive and Iris has a motive. They're both bitchy characters and that's what makes their rivalry so stunning and enjoyable.

Yep, it all comes down to the personal preferences.

you know why i watch the Anime? because i enjoy it, i enjoy the battles, character interactions and the Pokémon involved in it aswell, i'm not just watching to see them moving on with the plot, i'm seeing it because it is intersting and fun, so i find no reason whatsoever for any complaint about ''filler'', lack of a goal, lack of character development, etc..., as long as it is entertaining i'll watch it.

I wouldn't mind Iris winning, if she was in as many region's as Ash was and battled as many people as he did blah blah blah. As far as I know, Iris is still new at this type of thing and isn't really that good with her Pokemon yet, I'd find it horrible if Ash lost early on to some random guy. I am still hopping this match is in the semi final's =/

Are the matches a;ways 1 vs 1? Or will they allow for morePokemon every round? Like round two will have both competitors use 2 Pokemon.

I'm sorry but I just can't be convinced that Iris deserves to make it as far as she did. I just can't buy that with the team she entered with she will shine over Ash, Cilan, Trip, Langley, Kenyan, Bianca, and Burgundy ( okay maybe the latter two are understandable). It's not believable in the slightest. This tournament just seemed like another attempt to hype Iris, when there are better opportunities else ware.

Even though she hasn't done much, regarding her entire team, to give her a reason to shine above all the notable characters here. Are we suppose to believe, if she wins, she is stronger than everyone here with a half-assed trained team? Sorry, but to put it bluntly, that's bullshit.

Last edited:

Iris isn't even winning this thing so I don't understand why you guys keep going on about her.

Iris isn't even winning this thing so I don't understand why you guys keep going on about her.

Do we know if Ash make's it in the final's yet? I won't complain till we get confirmation that Iris V.S Luke is the final battle. Ash has done this thing far longer than Iris, that's why I mind all this.

Ash has done this thing far longer than Iris, that's why I mind all this.

The same could be said about Luke, or anyone else entering the tournament. Iris shouldn't be singled out if you want to say Ash deserves to be in the finals because he's been a trainer longer.

I'm sorry but I just can't be convinced that Iris deserves to make it as far as she did. I just can't buy that with the team she entered with she will shine over Ash, Cilan, Trip, Langley, Kenyan, Bianca, and Burgundy ( okay maybe the latter two are understandable). It's not believable in the slightest. This tournament just seemed like another attempt to hype Iris, when there are better opportunities else ware.

Even though she hasn't done much, regarding her entire team, to give her a reason to shine above all the notable characters here. Are we suppose to believe, if she wins, she is stronger than everyone here with a half-assed trained team? Sorry, but to put it bluntly, that's bullshit.

Her bracket was favourable.

Random Watchog guy, Kenyan wich is a begining trainer.

Dent bracket was the hardest one, Shooti then Luke.

Its the luck of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom