• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new to report, but just as a reminder from my source peeps : ">it's a new region, > The game is like a mix between BW and SM, > Due to the overhaul of many things the games will split the fanbase in half" Thats all for now. Save your energy for when the real war starts hahaha

See this is the part I don't get...your source seems certain that this will split the fans in half. But then why would GF practically infamous for playing it safe not see that as a problem? Are they willing to sacrifice sales for innovation? Because they've never shown such love for their art before.

Honestly I have to say, if something like that is enough to make you quit the franchise, you might've never been the strongest pokemon fan to begin with. Not that I know the definition of a pokemon fan to begin with.

This is the thing, Pokemon attracts so many different kinds of people for so many different kinds of reasons. I'm a fan of most RPG's and only vaguely into competitive so I'll probably stick around no matter what they do. But if the battle system requires more input then it does now it will probably scare away some more casual players. If Pokemon does away with the complexity of battle it will probably scare away those that like the more strategic elements of the battle system. Heck I try but I just can't get into the Pokemon Go battle system because of how simple it is, it just boars me, and that I think would be the crux of the issue. Most fans would leave due to lack of interest and it would happen slowly rather than quickly.

Honestly, I have to say it's impressive that Pokemon has been able to get the balance between simplicity and interesting and strategic battles right for so long. If they start making changes there is a chance they will mess it up.

See this is the part I don't get...your source seems certain that this will split the fans in half. But then why would GF practically infamous for playing it safe not see that as a problem? Are they willing to sacrifice sales for innovation? Because they've never shown such love for their art before.

From everything we've heard from rumors all around it sounds like they're trying to do some different stuff this time. I for one am all for it. I want them to get freaky with gen 8. The worst case scenario is it a weird game that's a little wonky. Then they go back to the drawing board and see what works and what doesn't

From everything we've heard from rumors all around it sounds like they're trying to do some different stuff this time. I for one am all for it. I want them to get freaky with gen 8. The worst case scenario is it a weird game that's a little wonky. Then they go back to the drawing board and see what works and what doesn't

Hahah I take it from your optimism you've never seen a fandom implode before? Or maybe you have but you just don't care? Remember fire extinguishers don't work on the internet.

That aside though if changes to the battle system are on the table I would like them to implement multi and double battles more. Heck I think it would be fun if Pokemon implemented a human party system somewhat similar to other RPG's where each member had a team of Pokemon to use and you want though most of the game teaming up with one person or another. Maybe even something like a partner system where you had two humans one is the silent protagonist and the other is more of a character of interest like Lillie, except they spend most of the game teamed up with you for some interesting battle possibilities. But that's always just been the direction I've wanted to see the games take.

I thought I was going to see more people desperate for the Zeraora reveal. If it doesn't happen now, it has a chance of following the Marshadow route, being revelated with the next movie trailer. The trailers usually debut in late February-early March.

Nothing new to report, but just as a reminder from my source peeps : ">it's a new region, > The game is like a mix between BW and SM, > Due to the overhaul of many things the games will split the fanbase in half" Thats all for now. Save your energy for when the real war starts hahaha

1)Has like an 80% chance of happening
2)Too ambiguous
3)Has a 100% chance of happening

It's too big of a risk to make on moving to a new system. They could destroy the franchise entirely. I'm sure even developers know this. ...Unless they think they can gain a larger audience this way. Pokemon's competitive is not exactly the largest venue there is, though I don't know if that's due to it's inherent nature, or if TPCI has screwed over the scene way too much. Competitive is still much larger than just VGC, though, and I don't think Gamefreak realizes this. I don't know how to fix it.

Last edited:

This is the thing, Pokemon attracts so many different kinds of people for so many different kinds of reasons. I'm a fan of most RPG's and only vaguely into competitive so I'll probably stick around no matter what they do. But if the battle system requires more input then it does now it will probably scare away some more casual players. If Pokemon does away with the complexity of battle it will probably scare away those that like the more strategic elements of the battle system. Heck I try but I just can't get into the Pokemon Go battle system because of how simple it is, it just boars me, and that I think would be the crux of the issue. Most fans would leave due to lack of interest and it would happen slowly rather than quickly.

Honestly, I have to say it's impressive that Pokemon has been able to get the balance between simplicity and interesting and strategic battles right for so long. If they start making changes there is a chance they will mess it up.
I mean every Pokemon game has caused a internet back draft in some way( with RS, BW, and USUM being shining examples) and yet they didn't seem to care all that much in the end. Even if these rumored changes drive some away, it'll no doubt attract others who wouldn't of been interested otherwise or just curious at the ruckus.

Honestly I have to say, if something like that is enough to make you quit the franchise, you might've never been the strongest pokemon fan to begin with. Not that I know the definition of a pokemon fan to begin with.

That doesn’t mean someone isn’t a true fan. That’s like saying someone who doesn’t like the anime isn’t a true fan. That just means that they feel like GF failed them and doesn’t care. And in some level that would be true.

If they do change the system and it’s rejected then they just need to make sure to go back in the next game. A smart company can try things, and eventually decide what works and doesn’t. Hopefully if they are trying something new they actually take note of how the current fans react, becaise to a point we’re the ones that will be loyal and buy things like special editions.

I mean every Pokemon game has caused a internet back draft in some way( with RS, BW, and USUM being shining examples) and yet they didn't seem to care all that much in the end. Even if these rumored changes drive some away, it'll no doubt attract others who wouldn't of been interested otherwise or just curious at the ruckus.

"Rumored"? I believe them to be real 100%. Both @lavandula and yourself have insider sources that leaked Team Rainbow Rocket for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon early, so I have been treating everything you have said as fact. Seriously. There's no competing against sources with that well of a track record. Lol. We're all screwed. The Switch game is going to tear this entire community apart. It's already been falling apart for a long time now. But I feel that this will be the final straw that breaks the Camerupt's back.

Last edited:
"Rumored"? I believe them to be real 100%. Both @lavandula and yourself have insider sources that leaked Team Rainbow Rocket for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon early, so I have been treating everything you have said as fact. Seriously. There's no competing against sources with that well of a track record. Lol. We're all screwed. The Switch game is going to tear this entire community apart. It's already been falling apart for a long time now. But I feel that this will be the final straw that breaks the Camerupt's back.

It's always best to be cautious tho. Sometimes people get info wrong and treating everything as 100% fact can be dangerous. Best to take everything with a grain of salt regardless of who it comes from.

It's always best to be cautious tho. Sometimes people get info wrong and treating everything as 100% fact can be dangerous. Best to take everything with a grain of salt regardless of who it comes from.

I just hope that the battle system isn't a carbon copy of Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament. At least do something original. Game Freak, please, I beg of you! @Desdar300 or @lavandula, do you guys have any more information on the battle system and what changes we can expect? It would be much appreciated. I'm dying over here for more info.

I just hope that the battle system isn't a carbon copy of Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament. At least do something original. Game Freak, please, I beg of you! @Desdar300 or @lavandula, do you guys have any more information on the battle system and what changes we can expect? It would be much appreciated. I'm dying over here for more info.

I can't see it being exactly like either Pokkén or Digimon. GF has their own way of doing things and they aren't likely going to copy another series one for one. They'll make it in their one way. It likely won't be too hard to understand and will prolly feel better than people are expecting

I found another image of Pokemon preoder i really don't know if these are all fake

Last edited by a moderator:

Right, but we're not talking about the kind of minor things that scare away some people, the implication was a 50/50 split. And fandoms are not so predictable that I think I know what's going to happen especially since we don't even know what these changes for sure are yet. But we have some examples both good and bad.

One of our neighboring fandoms, the fire emblem fandom, had such a split some time ago. The Awakening moment (I still need to beat awakening now that I'm thinking about it) in this case both groups stayed in the fandom but are constantly at each other's throats. This is not an ideal situation, since one group want's one kind of game and the other group wants another and it's always going to be a victory for one or the other.

Star Wars is another recent example and while it's hard to say for sure where things will land for this franchise a good number of people who I've talked to say they are going to boycott at least the Han Solo movie. This was another instance of a roughly 50/50 split where one group seems to be willing to never see another Star Wars movie ever again. And while we won't know the numbers of how this went until the end of the year my guess is this will probably be a moment that splits that fandom in half forever.

Anyways these are just a few examples of how things could turn out Pokemon might go completely differently. And I just want to reiterate I would probably be fine with most changes they could make to Pokemon; I am a fan of general rpg's after all. But when someone talks about a 50/50 split in the fandom these are the kinds of examples that come to my mind.

for Coro coro if the scans are already leaking and there is no Pokemon i will find that strange Pokemon is almost everytime present in coro coro

I can't see it being exactly like either Pokkén or Digimon. GF has their own way of doing things and they aren't likely going to copy another series one for one. They'll make it in their one way. It likely won't be too hard to understand and will prolly feel better than people are expecting

I really hope you're right and that Game Freak isn't that stupid. I really do.

I swear to God I will eat my sneakers if Zeraora in fact does turn out to be a gen 8 Pokemon and is revealed in a Pokemon direct at the end of the month haha
Sounds just like BW's release, specifically the Zorua/Zoroark events. Download Zeraora in USM -> Transfer it to Gen 8 -> Unlock something ingame.

my mantra its dont worries everything go fine and you know the battle system no works but dont scrap idea use for another games and core series touch but carefully everything its right but i cost so much have idea for trials without medals but battle system and peepes ¿why? everything gonna be another pokemon battle revolution game the game pass first alphas betas and its more possible everything its in code of the game the only way spoil its hacks and another assisted tools
>Day 1 Generation 8 in Switch
>Day 200 Battle System changes and fandom splits
>Day 492 game its released people are dissapointed and began see usum for something decent than generation 8
>Day 600 another 2 threads people stay in generation 7 and another follows whats next for generation 8

Sounds just like BW's release, specifically the Zorua/Zoroark events. Download Zeraora in USM -> Transfer it to Gen 8 -> Unlock something ingame.

That’s kinda what I’ve been expecting as of late. It might explain why there is literally no mention of Zeraora or its relevant lore within USUM’s story text (unlike every other Mythical ever).

EDIT: Except marshadow. Which weakens my point, but I still think it’s a decent possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom