• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, wasn't there a report Spike Chunsoft is revealing 4 new games on like 23rd of march with one reported to be on the switch? Just something I remember seeing.

View: https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/967135150877233152

Yep. Didn't see any confirmation of it being about the Switch, but they are confirmed to be developing for that console, so I'd say it's likely.

Not sure if they'd reveal a PMD game at GDC as opposed to a Nintendo Direct or something like that, but I sure hope we get some more PMD content soon, especially if the main series game ends up being 2019.

I may be getting my math wrong, but we weren't expecting anything at that point, either. It was the week after that.

The Switch game is coming out in 2019. If the games were coming out in 2018, then we should be getting a trailer by now, which is looking to not be the case.

Yep. Didn't see any confirmation of it being about the Switch, but they are confirmed to be developing for that console, so I'd say it's likely.

Not sure if they'd reveal a PMD game at GDC as opposed to a Nintendo Direct or something like that, but I sure hope we get some more PMD content soon, especially if the main series game ends up being 2019.

My one hope for MD Switch is world wide release haha

I honestly think they wanted to get the game out this year. Many of our rumors suggest it and even some of the obvious public content could have pointed to it. I think maybe it just got delayed and now here we are. lol Would also explain why some of the people like the Leakileaks guy thought there would be something. They may have heard early plans of getting it out by December, but then things fell through and they heard nothing more. I do think a PMD game could be on the horizon. Especially with that Chunsoft thing going on. I think a good target range for the GF Switch game is Q1 2019. That makes the most sense to me now.

The Switch game is coming out in 2019. If the games were coming out in 2018, then we should be getting a trailer by now, which is looking to not be the case.

That's not nearly as certain as you're suggesting it is. I myself am leaning slightly towards 2019, but it wouldn't be impossible to do a Zeraora reveal this week, a title reveal in March, and a release in late November/early December. Especially since we already know the games exist and what console they're going to be on, something that wasn't the case for XY and SM, which got announced a bit earlier in the year than March.

giphy.gif

/s

I think a good target range for the GF Switch game is Q1 2019
I'm sure they want it out at least a week before christmas, so kids can get it this year
I can see It releasing from November - Early December
Of you do the math, the translation should be finished around october. Thus, gives them a whole month to preduce cartriges and there is still time a month before christmas. Also, don't forget Gen 8 is getting DLC

I'm sure they want it out at least a week before christmas, so kids can get it this year
Of you do the math, the translation should be finished around october. Thus, gives them a whole month to preduce cartriges and there is still time a month before christmas. Also, don't forget Gen 8 is getting DLC

Let's say a spin off game like PMD comes out this year. Doesn't that kind of rule out the main series game a little? It likely wouldn't be coming out until closer to fall or holiday of this year and that would directly conflict with a main series release. Sure they're not exactly the same, but with Detective Pikachu this March and then a possible MD game in the later half of the year wouldn't that suggest they're all set for the year and don't need to release the main series game? Sure MD wouldn't sell a huge amount of Switch units, but at the end of the day Nintendo can potentially release something else that would. They don't need Pokemon to get a decent amount of Switch units out. And again if the game comes relatively early next year then that alone would be enough to sell the Switch during this holiday season as peeps would be getting ready for it. People don't need to buy the Switch at the exact same time they'd buy the new main series Pokemon game. Kids could get it for Xmas or whatever this year and then if the game comes out Q1 2019 they're all set

We don't know anything about the game at this point aside from the fact that it exists and what console it's on. And, doesn't Masuda hate DLC?
Especially since we already know the games exist and what console they're going to be on, something that wasn't the case for XY and SM, which got announced a bit earlier in the year than March.
We did know what console XY and SM were on when they were revealed.

i think it's safe to say that if zeraora not get revealed tomorrow (tomorrow for jpn) the switch game is 99.99% 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom