• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys making all these ridiculous theories about Zeraora? It's Gen 7's final mythical and that is what it will most likely be. When it will be revealed is still up in the air.
This:
I think that they're saying that just because there is a precedent and we have some good guesses based on what has happened in the past, that doesn't mean that anything is absolutely settled yet. I think you are right and that Zeraora is most likely going to be the final mythical, but other people are having fun speculating different ideas and those ideas are not impossible, even if they seem unlikely.

Mewtwo is not a Mythical. Diancie s the first Mythical with a Mega.

Now you're doing assumptions. I think otherwise.

The switch is selling well, even without the Pokémon game, so from a company's point of view, it does not make much sense to anticipate its launch. Changing the date to 2019 however, could cause a drop in sales.

Also, they are not "lying" to the investors, the release continues predicted to 2018 or later.
The problem is that at some point, if it's like you say, that date will change to 2019 and that drop will arrive soon or late. Investors are people who give them money. They don't lie to investors. If they listed the games as 2018 or later is because there's a chance for 2018. God, I can't believe I'm talking about this again...

Ok honestly guys we probably won't get anything good until around E3 and this is a 2019 game unless a literal miracle happens lets just wait for official announcements instead of turning every plausible day into pokemon switch day "but but the Switch anniversary" lol :ROFLMAO:

That doesn't mean that they will put a Pokemon in the game's code and not do anything with it.

Again I agree that Zeraora will probably be released before the trailer for the new games is revealed but it’s definitely possible that they shoved Zeraora in there as a security blanket so if the games do get delayed to 2019, they wouldn’t go over a year without aleast releasing one new Pokémon. Then release it later down the line, maybe as the launch mythical.

Again I agree that Zeraora will probably be released before the trailer for the new games is revealed but it’s definitely possible that they shoved Zeraora in there as a security blanket so if the games do get delayed to 2019, they wouldn’t go over a year without aleast releasing one new Pokémon. Then release it later down the line, maybe as the launch mythical.
I think that Zeraora was planned to be released this year when it was first created. I also don't think that it's a Gen 8 mon either.

Ok honestly guys we probably won't get anything good until around E3 and this is a 2019 game unless a literal miracle happens lets just wait for official announcements instead of turning every plausible day into pokemon switch day "but but the Switch anniversary" lol :ROFLMAO:

This is literally what I’m talking about. People saying “oh 2019 confirmed because there is no trailer in Jan or Feb”

This is a blatant lie and misinformation.

The problem is that at some point, if it's like you say, that date will change to 2019 and that drop will arrive soon or late. Investors are people who give them money. They don't lie to investors. If they listed as 2018 or later is because there's a chance for 2018. God, I can't believe I'm talking about this again...

When does 2018 stop having a chance tho? You can't go all the way to December and say it still has a chance just because there's still a month left. Eventually you have to stop and say that it's not gonna make it. If they were certain that it'd be 2018 then they'd have just said 2018. Acting like ti's a shoe in just because it says 2018 is ridiculous. You have to look at everything that is happening to properly surmise if something is possible. Is it possible it'll come this year? Sure why not crazier things have happened. Is it likely at this point however? Well it's getting less and less likely. I think if we don't have an announcement by April then it's time to firmly start looking towards 2019. There's another investors meeting that month and it should be clear by then when it's coming and when it isn't.

Guys, I would like to point out that you are seriously considering the idea that GF projects subterfuges to lie about the release date of the games to its own investors with no proof while you simply don't accept in any way the idea that the games could come out in 2018 despite them being still listed as "2018 or later" .
Now, sit back and breathe. Then read again what you wrote...

This is literally what I’m talking about. People saying “oh 2019 confirmed because there is no trailer in Jan or Feb”

This is a blatant lie and misinformation.

Nothing to do with the trailer honestly.

The hype is amazing fun but you know we are kind of getting ahead of ourselves lol which is the point and that's fine but if you just look at the situation a bit more realistically;

this is gamefreaks biggest undertaking in their history as game developers. they are tasked with creating the 8th generation of pokemon in full 3D with HD graphics, prepare and craft a stellar console experience, have every model of every pokemon animating and ready to go, have the online service up and running so people can start battling and trading immediately, and create a game that lives up to what you would expect a console pokemon rpg to live up.

We want them to do that from 2017 with an announcement and no trailer or game to show whatsoever, to 2018 where their 2 current movies are getting more attention and publicity.

The movie trailer was less than 2 minutes long....how long do you think it would have taken to show the logos for the next game in addition to that?

The problem is that at some point, if it's like you say, that date will change to 2019 and that drop will arrive soon or late. Investors are people who give them money. They don't lie to investors. If they listed the games as 2018 or later is because there's a chance for 2018. God, I can't believe I'm talking about this again...
I really don't think that they're lying to the investors, as I said, it's predicted to 2018 or later.

It's okay to talk about it, we've had new information recently and for some people this could mean a 2018 release, I see no problem in discussing this.

Additional info.
Lisa ( the blonde girl) - A highschooler and Pokémon rookie.
KAGACHI ( Sudowoodo guy)-
A braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales.

TRITO ( Green haired male with Chansey)

- A timid researcher that lacks confidence.

Hisui ( Old lady)
-An old eccentric that hates Pokémon.

Largo ( Little girl)
- A mysterious little girl that hangs around in the forest all by herself

Lugia -The legendary Pokémon that brings the blessed wind to the city.

Nothing to do with the trailer honestly.

The hype is amazing fun but you know we are kind of getting ahead of ourselves lol which is the point and that's fine but if you just look at the situation a bit more realistically;

this is gamefreaks biggest undertaking in their history as game developers. they are tasked with creating the 8th generation of pokemon in full 3D with HD graphics, prepare and craft a stellar console experience, have every model of every pokemon animating and ready to go, have the online service up and running so people can start battling and trading immediately, and create a game that lives up to what you would expect a console pokemon rpg to live up.

We want them to do that from 2017 with an announcement and no trailer or game to show whatsoever, to 2018 where their 2 current movies are getting more attention and publicity.

The movie trailer was less than 2 minutes long....how long do you think it would have taken to show the logos for the next game in addition to that?
Apparently GF sent you infos about the games development, like evidence they didn't begin development years ago. Can you please share them with us?

I think most people seem to have reasonable expectations for when the game will come out- I'm hoping for 2018, of course, but I think most people are prepared for a 2019 release date if that ends up happening. Its still very early in the year- regardless of when it comes out, I'm excited for when they start revealing details about it. Speculation is my favorite part of new generations (I think even more than playing the actual games...) and I can't wait for fans to have more information to work off of.

Apparently GF sent you infos about the games development, like evidence they didn't begin development years ago. Can you please share them with us?

Lol cmon dude that's not gonna work and theirs no need for it.

I personally believe this game started development back in 2016 lol, the problem is that gamefreak had nothing to show in 2017. it's the same situation with Sakurai announcing Super Smash Bros super early for Wii U even though the game didn't come out till like 3 years later.

I'm not making any factual claims on the games current progress, i'm simply laying out a fraction of the to do list of the people who are making progress on it. Nothing controversial about that lol.

Lying to investers is the dumbest thing any company can do (Since do you think investors will invest money in the company in the future if they are getting lied at by that company).

At this point, its still a 2018 or later releasedate (With the emphasis on later, so even if a game comes mid-late 2019, they technically haven't lied to their investors).

At this point, multiple factors have to be taken into account

Zeroara is still not revealed (And if its not in the next movie trailer or is revealed before that, i doubt it will be in the movie, since even Marshadow was in trailers and thus its safe to say that Zeroara will be revealed late 2018, with an appearance in movie 2019, which means an early 2019 Switch release game is impossible, since it means gen 8 appears before gen 7 is closed off).

The anime at this point, seems to be slowing down, since after the first UB episode, we haven't gotten any afterwards, nor are their titles revealed, thus this arc is already moving slower than the Nebby arc, which can mean a couple of things, namely that they got a heads-up from GF they are not gonna make a 2018/Early 2019 release. We also have to take into account Ash only having three regionals at this point, which means if a game comes in 2018, he still has to catch two of them before September at least, since October is when the league will start (The league usually takes around a month and a half, sometimes 2 months depending on how far Ash reaches). And he has to evolve Torracat all the way as well (Since he doesn't have Firium, thus its likely its going fully) and we also have to take into account the development episodes the companions get (Meaning they don't have time for fillers).

For me, a 2018 release is impossible at this point taking into account multiple factors. I am not ruling out an early 2019 release, but i feel like its unlikely, since marketing wise it would not be the smartest thing they could do (And if we get a PMD, that one likely comes late 2018 and an early 2019 main game would undermine the PMD game).

Lol cmon dude that's not gonna work and theirs no need for it.

I personally believe this game started development back in 2016 lol, the problem is that gamefreak had nothing to show in 2017. it's the same situation with Sakurai announcing Super Smash Bros super early for Wii U even though the game didn't come out till like 3 years later.

I'm not making any factual claims on the games current progress, i'm simply laying out a fraction of the to do list of the people who are making progress on it. Nothing controversial about that lol.
Ok fine. You know what am I worried about? About the games being announced for 2018 and people going mad because the games will be rushed, uncomplete and whatever else.
We don't know ANYTHING about the games. Nothing about the development, nothing about the release date, nothing about the titles. Just don't make the assumption that these are big games which need a lot of time. You don't know since when GF has been working on them, you don't know if in 2 years they could have done the biggest games ever. Again, the truth, we don't know anything. It's frustrating and I know it, but nothing confirmed until confirmed. If in April, the games will still be unannounced and after the investors meeting the games will be listed as "2019(/2020/2089)" then we will have evidence of a further release.

Last edited:
Just a quick question, because I honestly haven’t been paying attention; do these merchandise leaks ever lead to anything? I can’t seem to remember the last time one panned out to something remarkable.
The last time there was a hidden merchandise to be reveal at a later date, we got Dusk-Lycanroc coming up soon after. And I'm pretty sure the new Ultra-Beasts from USUM were hinted at in the TCG because before they were reveal people were suspicious of the set involving ultra beast having more spots than the number of the known UB or something.

Last edited:
Ok fine. You know what am I worried about? About the games being announced for 2018 and people going mad because the games will be rushed, uncomplete and whatever else.
We don't know ANYTHING about the games. Nothing about the development, nothing about the release date, nothing about the titles. Just don't make the assumption that these are big games which need a lot of time. You don't know since when GF has been worked on them, you don't know if in 2 years they could have done the biggest games ever. Again, the truth, we don't know anything. It's frustrating and I know it, but nothing confirmed until confirmed. If in April, the games will still be unannounced and after the investors meeting the games will be listed as "2019(/2020/2089)" then we will have evidence of a further release.

I'm rooting for the 2018 miracle baby myself so of course i don't think any naysayer would mind being wrong here. If the game is not done they simply won't release it (Nintendo is usually pretty consistent with this). I also favor the notion that they could have gotten really good at developing switch games and 20 years of making pokemon might make this a smoother sail.

Their is definitely hope for a 2018 release by reasonable standards it's not a mythical date like some other people might be suggesting i'm just saying i'm prepared to wait if they need more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom