• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk.....seems like people complain about everything these days......whether it's that the battle frontier isn't in the games, or about contests, or really anything they don't like......I think everyone needs to take a deep breath lol The admission or omission of certain attractions in the games aren't personal attacks on the fandom. GF is just doing what they please and in some cases doing what they think fans will like or think will b cool. At the very least they're trying to do what they think is best for the current games of any given generation. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but whatever they do doesn't really warrant people getting actually angry to the point they're pissed off. It's a game....and there will always b next time if there's something u don't like about the currernt or past games. lol

Morale of the story... fans complain for the sake of complaining. Which is why I've never taken the "Gen 6 is too easy" complaints seriously, and probably never will. That goes for the other complaints as well. And if that offends people that I don't take their complaints seriously? Oh well, tough.
Or the fandom isn't a homogenous hivemind who complains for the sake of complaining, but only seems like that to people who can't grasp the complexity of opinions that come with a fandom of millions. But if you can't understand that? Oh well, though.

Of course, that boils down to "you can't please everyone" but when there's an opinion held by a strong majority of people (even people who defend the easiness of the games acknowledge the games are, in fact, easy) it isn't "complaining for the sake of complaining"

I do have to wonder though--how would Game Freak know that we wouldn't play the Battle Frontier now? The last time we had it, breeding and training was a massive drain of time, and there wasn't even a Global Link that could (conceivably) keep track of usage statistics. They didn't introduce something like that until Gen V when they removed these features so I question any justification they have that "people don't play it" since those statistics are dated (and non-existent)

GF is just doing what they please and in some cases doing what they think fans will like or think will b cool. At the very least they're trying to do what they think is best for the current games of any given generation. l

They're doing what brings in the $$$. In a sense I can't blame them, they are a business so naturally they should be profit minded. But I think back to before gen 6 and they still made a profit back then whilst also putting in more of an effort to please fans. If this continues...I dunno man. Once pokemon stops being fun, I'll have no reason to play it and I don't want it to reach that point due to Masuda's whole 'going after the smartphone users' approach.

On the subject of Zinnia, I decided to look up "aster", the name of her Whismur that she likely named after a lost friend of hers, and... guess what I found??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aster_(genus)

THERE'S THE DAMN FLOWERS THING AGAIN, MANG.

Masuda, you bastard! What are you planning???

BONUS: That would be awesome and hilarious if "Aster" and Zinnia are Lysandre's kids.

Oh, shit... wait a minute.

Aster. Zinnia.

Aster. Zinnia.

AZ.

Damn. Guys... I'm probably jumping the gun here... but what if they're all relatives? Lysandre, AZ, Zinnia, and the missing "Aster"?

Well... We know for a fact that Lysandre is descended from AZ's unnamed brother (WHAT IF HIS NAME WAS OTH?!), but no one's ever brought up AZ's own bloodline (probably because an immortal man who looks 70 and is 9 feet tall probably isn't getting a ton of ladies clamoring for his children, plus this game is PG).

What if Aster was Zinnia's mother and both were directly descended from AZ somehow? Since Aster died, Zinnia would obviously blame her ancestor for having created them in the first place.

Zinnia refers Aster as her 'daughter'.

Or, like in Pokémon Adventures, Aster was the previous Lorekeeper but died, leaving the role to Zinnia. Since the non-Mega Verse didn't have Draconids or a need for Rayquaza to squash a meteor, which Zinnia probably knew, she blamed the only key difference between universes; her ancestor AZ.

Aaaaaaaaand thank you for the huge spoiler :(

She refers to Aster the Whismur as her daughter, not Aster the (presumably) deceased human. It's also extremely common among all cultures to name a your child after a relative. Like say... A deceased parent.

And also, sorry not sorry. That chapter came out months ago. If you hadn't read it, that's on you.

Wait. Adventures has actually given some back story for Aster? That's interesting. I wonder if the games will have the same story for Aster as the manga does. I'm hoping we hear more of her & Zinnia in future games. The lore is so interesting.

Morale of the story... fans complain for the sake of complaining. Which is why I've never taken the "Gen 6 is too easy" complaints seriously, and probably never will. That goes for the other complaints as well. And if that offends people that I don't take their complaints seriously? Oh well, tough.
Or the fandom isn't a homogenous hivemind who complains for the sake of complaining, but only seems like that to people who can't grasp the complexity of opinions that come with a fandom of millions. But if you can't understand that? Oh well, though.

Of course, that boils down to "you can't please everyone" but when there's an opinion held by a strong majority of people (even people who defend the easiness of the games acknowledge the games are, in fact, easy) it isn't "complaining for the sake of complaining"

I do have to wonder though--how would Game Freak know that we wouldn't play the Battle Frontier now? The last time we had it, breeding and training was a massive drain of time, and there wasn't even a Global Link that could (conceivably) keep track of usage statistics. They didn't introduce something like that until Gen V when they removed these features so I question any justification they have that "people don't play it" since those statistics are dated (and non-existent)

Still considering it as complaining, and there's nothing you or anybody else can say to change my mind.

Still considering it as complaining, and there's nothing you or anybody else can say to change my mind.

Which is extremely narrow-minded. Not all complaints are equal, some are whining just for the sake of it, but others are good points for flaws in the game. Whether you agree with it or not is a different story, but just completely ignoring those complaints is just being completely dismissive and ignorant of what others have to say.

Oh My God!!!! I can't take this anymore!!! We need something new given to us by GF bc this thread has gone from people looking forward to hearing about a bright and shiny new game to people complaining about other people who complain about the other people who complain...........September 1st on Tuesday which means we'll b one step closer to an announcement of some kind!!!! Let all rejoice about that!!!! hahahaha

Didn't say it wasn't (and not sure why "complant" has such a negative connotation that you apparently can't consider something as both a complaint and legitimate at the same time), I was calling you out on painting anyone with a dissenting opinion that the games are ~all perfect~ and ~deserve no criticism~ as someone whose opinions isn't any more legitimate than yours because they're "complaining for the sake of complaining" rather than non-critically accepting everything that happens.

My purpose isn't to change your mind, its to pose an opposing view and let the readers of this thread decide their own opinion because I have long ago accepted that there is no point to try to sway strongly held opinions of others--but just because their opinions can't be swayed, doesn't mean I can't present the opposition, no matter how many times I'm going to get a quote back dismissing my comments saying ~not changing my mind la la~ rather than anything constructive.

Oh My God!!!! I can't take this anymore!!! We need something new given to us by GF bc this thread has gone from people looking forward to hearing about a bright and shiny new game to people complaining about other people who complain about the other people who complain...........September 1st on Tuesday which means we'll b one step closer to an announcement of some kind!!!! Let all rejoice about that!!!! hahahaha

Tell me about it. I hope we get something at the start of September but there is still corocoro. This year without a new game has really bored me but I guess Game Freak wanted to work on the new games a bit longer than ORAS games.

Personally, I always try to excuse GF when possible, but it's not always possible.

For instance, there are three main issues people have with ORAS; lack of BF, no customization and lack of gym rematches. From those three, I kinda excuse them about the BF, as the Maison is still a solid and competitive post game facility, and the Resort is nice too; I also excuse them about customizing, since its a Remake and at least personally I like the original outfit more (only thing they should have had is skin and hair customization). The only issue I have is the gym rematches, cause they were very easy to add and were probably held back on purpose.

So yeah, I understand they don't include some time consuming features as they use this time to add newer and for me better features, like Soaring and Pokenav Plus. Still though, thanks to Secret Bases battles there are more rematches in the post game than with normal gym battles.

Last edited:
I'm not ignorant of other people's opinions, I just happen to voice mine more strongly depending on the subject. That's how I am in real life, it's my personality, deal with it. Don't like it? That's on you, not me. I'm done walking on eggshells with you people, lord forbid that I don't take Pokemon gaming mechanics as seriously as most of you. Burn me on a stake like a witch while you're at it, will ya?

Tell me about it. I hope we get something at the start of September but there is still corocoro. This year without a new game has really bored me but I guess Game Freak wanted to work on the new games a bit longer than ORAS games.

Which I think may be a good thing. Them spending more time on the games would hopefully signify that they're working harder on improvements. But we'll see what happens. Yes, September can't come soon enough.

I'm not ignorant of other people's opinions, I just happen to voice mine more strongly depending on the subject. That's how I am in real life, it's my personality, deal with it. Don't like it? That's on you, not me. I'm done walking on eggshells with you people, lord forbid that I don't take Pokemon gaming mechanics as seriously as most of you. Burn me on a stake like a witch while you're at it, will ya?

Which I think may be a good thing. Them spending more time on the games would hopefully signify that they're working harder on improvements. But we'll see what happens. Yes, September can't come soon enough.

I think you are both wrong. As far as I am aware, there is an A team and a B team in GF, with A team making new games and B making the remakes.

And they have stated in an interview that the B team, has been working on ORAS much before XY were released. So if this is true, ORAS has been developed as long as any mainseries title or more.

PD Masuda as GF director and Ohmori (ORAS director) gave the interview.

Last edited:
Then why isn't "Z" coming out this fall, then? It's becoming clear that there won't be a new main series game released this year. Since American yearly release have been happening since '09, it's time for a break. And hopefully they're using that time wisely.

I'm pretty sure the whole "a team b team" business was merely fan speculation/rumour. Game Freak stated during OR/AS's promotional that staff members flowed freely from/between projects as the needs of the projects demanded, no specific 'team' dedicated to one project as such.

Or am I remembering this wrong?

I'm sure there is an A and B team, but I think once the production of any given game reaches a certain point most main members of GF touch the game in some way. The ground work might b laid out and mostly worked on by team B for ORAS, but I'm sure there r team A people that had a hand in it as well. Thus making the creation of all the games released a full team effort rather than 2 different teams that work basically separate from each other.

Wait. Adventures has actually given some back story for Aster? That's interesting. I wonder if the games will have the same story for Aster as the manga does. I'm hoping we hear more of her & Zinnia in future games. The lore is so interesting.

Yep. As mentioned above, Aster was the original Lorekeeper, but passed away. Then Zinnia stepped into the role. Some Draconids said this to Ruby (Brendan) while attacking him.

I think the exact wording was "inherited" the title, which would imply Aster was Zinnia's mother or older sister, but I can't be sure 'cause I can't read Japanese.

And since the manga is far more closer to the games than the anime is, while it isn't a guarantee, I would definitely say it's quite likely to carry over into the main series. Especially since the Emerald chapter is hinted at in Alpha Sapphire in Shelly's room.

I'm pretty sure the whole "a team b team" business was merely fan speculation/rumour. Game Freak stated during OR/AS's promotional that staff members flowed freely from/between projects as the needs of the projects demanded, no specific 'team' dedicated to one project as such.

It's both. There's an A team and a B team. A team does first games of the Gen. while B team does second. But since there's always slow days and busy days in any job, some developers will go to A team when Project B doesn't need too many people, and others will go to B team when Project A is chilling out.

Urgh, I really hope that GF will keep the games utterly separate from that manga in every way possible. Sorry for people that happen to enjoy it, I am not one of those few, I cannot stand it.

That's a different debate. Im not discussing if A team or b team produced OR/AS or X, most likely they were produced by the same people... im only trying to prove that ORAS was almost a parallel project to XY, not a rushed project they began after XY and finished in less than a year. According to the time spans they gave, they started ORAS shortly after XY, which suggests ORAS took probably more time than XY.

My point just is that if you dont like a game, dont just say it was rushed. Especially a game full of details like ORAS. You dont make details if you are rushing a game Lol

Last edited:
Not sure if it was mentioned but since we're talking about zinna.

the interview stated something about flowers being in the next game right? floette of course but also zinnia is a type of flower....

zinna confirmed for Z? probabaly not but hey xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom