• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2017: Endgame: The Ghosts of Kwanzaas Past 15/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's that? I still think we were on the right track with you, because your repeated conveniently leaving things out of posts makes me feel no better about you.

Leave what out, exactly? For clarity, the "right track" started with a push because I said happy holidays and then replied with I'm not voting yet and don't have D1 reads during the RVS.

Full stop.

That was it. You're gonna have to come at me with better than that if you're expecting traction.

Also, I agree on the derpghost thing. Lynching a host might give something cool, but it might also waste the phase like in FBM1. We have no way to know, and if I recall correctly, the opening post doesn't say.

It's an option that's just not worth pursuing at all.

I agree with Pika. We're too early in phase one to get any reads, and Labrev is correct about pressure votes being useless.

I'm really not good at reads in general, but everyone else who's contributed so far looks alright to me.

Who are those people that contributed up until that post you are referring to?

You do know what a 'tone' read is right? It's not based on substance; it's based on gut feeling from the feels of their posts. Currently, I don't see a scum!AE.

I'm still failing to see how you could tone read Eevee like that, considering that his post is pretty much neutral from my point of view.

And now half-assed comment time on the players!

MegaPod - Not sure what to make on the tunneling with Labrev. Gonna have to review that in greater detail.

Changeling - Don't know what the hell happened to The Light. I'm sure that The Light has something to say about the recent events about the game and would love to hear from The Light.

jdthebud - Acting like an observant third party of the recent events, probing into those involved. Null, leaning town though.

Max1996 - Leaning scum on the sole basis of the hard sheeping with Labrev.

CheffOfGames - Who?

Midorikawa - Null read. I like the activity prodding that Mido has been providing but

Labrev - Labrev I believe can really be binary at this point. The defense that Labrev is putting up indicates that Labrev is scum that got caught and is trying to throw everything, including the kitchen sink or is really town. At the moment, Labrev is a very notable wild card.

AussieEevee - Leaning town on the basis the comments that he made.

Pika_pika42 - Leaning slight scum. Was a part of the vote for the host wagon and then just disappeared.

Elieson - Typical Elieson from what I can tell. Gut read is town.

Derpghost - More of a nervous player. Starts a thought but then proceeds not to finish expressing those thoughts. Null read.

Elementar - Eh, I'm a little bit uncomfortable base on the tone reading of Eevee's neutral feeling post.

Pikochu - Town. He's cool.

TheCapsFan - Need to read more into Caps since I don't remember much significance coming form him.

I’m not comfortable with labrevs defense. To me it looks like he’s not reading what others are saying and seems to be deciding what we’re sayjng despite explaining more than once.

He could be town just somehow missing the point.

But it remains I find him most lynch worthy. Especially since his whole defense has been saying we’re doing something wrong or misinterpreting or something. But I don’t see any game solving effort. If he’s town then I have no issues looking at caps but I’m not going to last minute lynch caps over demons who has not given an adequate reply.

Changeling - Don't know what the hell happened to The Light. I'm sure that The Light has something to say about the recent events about the game and would love to hear from The Light.
Pff...

Going off what everyone else has said, it does seem like Labrev and MegaPod are coming on each other pretty hard. Wonder if either one is a result of desperation? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Going off what everyone else has said, it does seem like Labrev and MegaPod are coming on each other pretty hard. Wonder if either one is a result of desperation? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Are you already considering them scumbuddies bussing??

also wth is your avatar/sig theme. that sakura bobblehead is something else

Continue this thought. Explain why and how. Something may come from this and since you're the source, I wanna get it down in stone.
I didn't get it from anywhere, it's just the random ramblings of my mind.

Why? Even though it's only Day 1, either of them could be someone trying to avoid suspicion or the like by pushing hard on the other. Being voted may have something to do with their role, and so they'd like to avoid it.

How? Again, maybe their role involves killing someone to succeed (yeah lol) and they're trying hard since, given the votals, that could happen easily with Labrev.

How? Again, maybe their role involves killing someone to succeed (yeah lol) and they're trying hard since, given the votals, that could happen easily with Labrev.

So you think that they have the power to kill, vs just wanting someone out of the picture. You see how this is an interesting thought process to follow during D1, right/?

So you think that they have the power to kill, vs just wanting someone out of the picture. You see how this is an interesting thought process to follow during D1, right/?
Just my crazy theory, but yup! I guess I'll let y'all figure out the next step because that's about all I got.

I'm on Labrev's side right now. If you guys think that my lazy (but honest) post on catching up was any better than what Labrev's been doing, then I'm genuinely surprised. And I feel like it's just an eazy wagon to push onto because Elieson was making it. Labrev's town to me.

Elieson and Piko look good to me. Mido's currently neutral. And honestly, I was thinking that Caps looked odd before Elieson voted them, so I'm going to back it up.

VOTE: TheCapsFan

I feel like it just wasn't as natural as the other votes on Labrev, and it came after a few people were becoming hesitant on Labrev as they defended themselves.

Night 1: Wise Guy, eh?

Final Votals:
Labrev: III (Midorikawa, MegaPod, TheCapsFan)
TheCapsFan: II (Elieson, Elementar)
DerpGhost: I (AussieEevee)
Midorikawa: I (jdthebud)
MegaPod: I (Max1996)

Night 1: Wise Guy, eh?

The day began, just like any other day.
The townsfolk all came out to play.
Alas, it was not meant to be.
For they encountered a mystery.

A body, frozen in the snow, was found.
His killers hadn't even buried him in the ground.
For the townsfolk this was the most upsetting of incidents.
Surely this moderator's untimely death was not a coincidence.

Dear DarthWolf,
88022.jpg

There can be only one noob target, it seems they chose you

You are DarthWolf, one of the new Fun and Games and War Room moderators.
You first joined the Bulbagarden community a little over a year ago, for Holiday Mafia 2016, and now you are hosting its sequel a year later. Your debut in Holiday Mafia 2016 was just the beginning of your infamy in The War Room, and you proceeded to gain a reputation as a Kingmaker, due to your shenanigans in Artemis Fowl Mafia. Furthermore, you became known as a deadly mafia player, capable of blending in well with the town, even as mafia. Maniacal Engineer later disproved this theory, though, by curbstomping you and leading the lynch on you D1 of Ocarina of Time Mafia, where you were scum. Admittedly not one of your better performances, but a valuable lesson was learned.
You were promoted, along with Lone_Garurumon and Elementar, to your current position as moderator of F&G and TWR as a result of the 2017 staff drive, becoming a moderator less than one year after creating your account. Most impressive.
Your reputation precedes you at all times, though. As such, you are the Guy who gets killed to make the story happen. Since people are terrified to play with you due to your massive skills, the only way you could be in this game is as the victim that initiates the story. In a way, this makes you a Kingmaker, because the game gets divided into factions because of your death, and one faction will ultimately win.
You are allied with the Hosts, which means victory is impossible for you. Oh well... :(

With DarthWolf's death, the game had truly begun.
And now it will continue until somebody has finally won.
Soon, accusations started flying left, right, and center.
Until enough suspicions fell upon a lonely dissenter.

Labrev refused to form reads, and wouldn't place a vote.
And now this poem will serve as his final death note.
For the town, this is not such an auspicious start.
From here on out, they will have to become smart.

Dear Labrev,
795px-Magi_%281%29.jpg

Matthew 2:2 said:
Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews? For we observed his star at its rising, and have come to pay him homage.

You are the Three Wise Men who came to pay homage to the newly born Jesus of Nazareth, also known as the Three Kings or the Biblical magi.

It is unclear from the text exactly when the magi's visit occurred, though the traditional depiction of the nativity scene, with the Wise Men arriving the night of Jesus's birth is widely recognized as an artistic interpretation of the scene and not accurate, as the text records the visit occurring in a house, while Jesus was born in a stable. Furthermore, even the number of wise men is not mentioned in the original text, though, as the image above suggests, the wise men are often identified with Melchior, a Persian scholar or king, Gaspar, an Indian scholar or king, and Balthazar, a Babylonian scholar or king.

In the New Testament, in addition to paying your respects to the baby savior, you also present three gifts as a token of your esteem, frankincense, myrrh, and gold. Each night, you may use the abilities of one of these gifts, by PMing the hosts. As such you are the Jack of All Trades.
Due to its medicinal properties, frankincense will protect that player from all night kills aimed at them. To use this gift, PM the hosts: Give <player> some frankincense.
Being a component of the anointing oil, myrrh will stop any non-killing actions from targeting the specified player. To use this gift, PM the hosts: Anoint <player> with myrrh.
With its excellent conductive capabilities, gold will allow you to redirect all of the night actions used that particular phase, including any night kills, to yourself. To use this gift, PM the hosts: Make a gold lightning rod.
Each gift may be used only once, so choose your moments wisely.
You are allied with the Holiday Heroes, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

The Three Wise Men had been killed, a victory for the scrooges.
And now the Holiday Heroes were starting to feel like stooges.
And now it is nightfall. As darkness encroaches upon the land,
Let us hope that things do not get too much out of hand.

It is now Night 1. Phase ends in 24 hours at 11:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time.

*: yes this is a horrible pun at my own expense referring to why the phase change was delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom