• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2017: Endgame: The Ghosts of Kwanzaas Past 15/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, Max, even if you are Town, it's really not a pro-town habit to be in, and you're probably gonna find yourself getting lynched for it more often than not.

Anyways, I'll try to reread the thread later and see who I believe and who I wanna lynch next.
Regardless, considering my meta, "sheeping" alone doesn't make for a good reason to vote me...I think.

In correspondence with this I'm calling into question AE’s vote on Derpghost in post 89. Both derpghost and Mido advocated for host Lynch and though I disagree with the whole idea of lynching the host, I’d rather vote the more experienced player who has a greater ability of leading people on rather than the newer player who may not entirely know what he’s doing. Bonus scum points for the fact that it was a post after the first vote on Derpghost, and Derpghost ended up town.
I simply agreed with Elieson's reasoning and voted accordingly. You will note that I didn't change my vote to Labrev, because I got town feels from Labrev.

believe you owe the game some CapsFan pressure after yesterphase. Time to deliver.
Sure :)
Tbh, I rethinking this. This seems awfully quick and unjustified in relation to Labrev. I agreed that Caps looked a little weird, but I didn't think it was enough for Elieson to make a change based on how much they were on Labrev's case. Labrev still got lynched, and all Elieson did was get off the wagon in an attempt to look more towny. Elieson posted a meme to draw attention away from the fact that all he said about switching from Labrev to Caps was that he 'changed' his mind. Getting off the wagon before it is shown to be a mislynch Elieson?

VOTE: Elieson

Really? I’m pretty sure he made it clear he found labrev to have responded suitably.

I wouldn't say that I expected a mislynch, but Elieson's reasons for initially voting Labrev felt forced and I didn't understand why there was so much pressure on Labrev, most of which was led by Elieson.

However, I don't like that Mido kept her vote on Labrev when her reason was that he wasn't contributing. Labrev then contributed pretty well after that point but Mido never changed her vote. My view is that she kept coming up with reasons to justify staying on him instead of looking at anyone else.

Not sure of Elieson, but I'm still scumreading Mido. I have my doubts that they are the same alignment though.

[Vote] Midorikawa
If labrev was actually contributing then why was my vote still on him?

Also please explain this theory that Elieson and I are not the same alignment. I’m so curious.
There's also the fact that the three people that Elie has called out directly, Labrev, Derpghost, and I, are all confirmed to be town, but that could be besides the point.

......what? Where were you confirmed town? The their two got confirmed town via death.

Vote: the caps fan

Also apologies for some inactivity . The last few days were just busy with Christmas business so I haven’t been able to do anything but sleep and shop and work. But I should be more active now that the last minute rush is done.

You're confirmed town? Did I miss something?

......what? Where were you confirmed town? The their two got confirmed town via death.

Yeah. My role PM says I'm town. Thus I am confirmed town, to myself.

Saying that is no different from things Elieson says all the time. Voting me based solely on the fact that I'm saying I'm town is an overreaction...though I guess I can understand Mido voting me after promising to give pressure last phase.

I simply agreed with Elieson's reasoning and voted accordingly. You will note that I didn't change my vote to Labrev, because I got town feels from Labrev.

Fair enough but voting Derpghost there is still a good action for scum to take to take advantage of a town player being accused, as well as staying under the radar and staying clear of a big wagon.

Have you been scum in a game yet AE? I remember that back when I played more often it was a big thing that you never rolled scum once despite having rolled Jester many times.

I do suppose it does if you haven't played with me enough to know sheeping is kinda my meta, being NAI.

If meta is the only defense that you have for that action, it's really poor.

[UNVOTE]: Max1996
[VOTE]: Midorikawa

Not doing this because I want to, because I think that Max is scummy. Rather this will tie the votes between Mido and I. That being said I feel that Mido is playing very uncharacteristically and deserves some attention.

Regardless, considering my meta, "sheeping" alone doesn't make for a good reason to vote me...I think.
Not exactly a stellar defense there buddy...
If labrev was actually contributing then why was my vote still on him?
Why don't you tell me? My thought was that you were trying to keep a mislynch alive.
Also please explain this theory that Elieson and I are not the same alignment. I’m so curious.
I meant that if one of you is scum, the other one is not likely to be scum, due to the interactions between you two so far. And my money right now is on you being scum.
Vote: the caps fan
So, this is a pressure vote? But what are your reasons for voting Caps?

Have you been scum in a game yet AE? I remember that back when I played more often it was a big thing that you never rolled scum once despite having rolled Jester many times.
I have. About 5 or 6 times now... I've done well in a couple of them... and really poorly in others. Kinda the story of my life here lol.

I understand what you're saying, but at the time, I agreed with Elieson's reasoning and voted for Derp... I didn't agree with Elieson when he voted for Labrev.

It helps if you quote the post you're replying to.

The one about information. It can be seen in my convictions. If you know what I mean, please follow and trust me.

I do suppose it does if you haven't played with me enough to know sheeping is kinda my meta, being NAI.

Whilst it has been, it's a habit you need to get rid of, sorry. That will help town a lot in the future. It can't be used an excuse for scummy behaviour.

Night 2: ME got bored and had to kill someone

Final Votals:
TheCapsFan: II (Elieson, Midorikawa)
Midorikawa: II (jdthebud, TheCapsFan)
Elieson: I (Elementar)

Night 2: ME got bored and had to kill someone

As the sun blazed high in the clear blue sky,
The clock tick-tocked, and time started to fly.
As the day concluded, and the sun began to set,
Town had not come to any big decisions as of yet.

And so, this day, they chose not to have a lynch.
Perhaps the extra numbers will be useful in a pinch.
Still, Maniacal Engineer is bored, so someone has to die.
But since it can't be a player, it will instead be this guy!

Dear SoaringDylan,
84967.jpg

Just Mafia. Sadly enough. I'd personally have voted for "Team Grinch"

You are SoaringDylan, Super Moderator and sectional staff for Fun and Games and Outside the Box.
One of your first games on Bulbagarden was Christmas Mafia back in 2015. Thanks to your rookie suggestion of killing the fatalistic player Night 1, you screwed your whole team over. Not only that, you were the first mafia member caught by the great Elieson on Day 2, after your reckless tactic of killing Maniacal Engineer backfired and confirmed the former as Town. It all went downhill for you and your buddies from there. Eventually, you developed a reputation on Bulbagarden, and you even brought in two of your friends, DarthWolf and CheffOfGames, to join in the staff hosted sequel to Christmas Mafia, Holiday Mafia 2016.
You were hired to the staff as a section Moderator for Outside the Box in mid-2017, and were promoted to the rank of Super Moderator shortly after the 2017 Staff Drive. Before that, though, Maniacal Engineer pressed you into service as sectional staff for Fun and Games, and you began helping out the Discord server. Currently, you are also Rocket Queen's whipping boy when it comes to editing videos for the YouTube channel and BulbaCast, making you a well rounded staff member.
Since you are used to being a whipping boy, you are the Guy who gets killed when ME gets bored. As the role implies, you die whenever ME is bored, so probably when no other death would occur. You are allied with the Hosts, which means victory is impossible for you. Oh well... :(

Another day gone, and another staff member killed.
Let us hope that the town can take this time to rebuild.
In the meantime, it is off to the refrigerator for ME.
Time to go on another ridiculous drinking spree.

It is now Night 2. Phase ends in 24 hours at 11:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time.

Well that happened. I actually wanted to start a case on Max for basically having done precisely nothing since the game started.

@TheCapsFan

ffta-kids03.jpg

"I'm confirmed town" is an asinine statement to make? Lol fortunately for you, I'm confirmed town too, so I shouldn't be on your scum'dar.

Back to Max:

Coincidentially, while I'm chuckling at the guy who called me out while simultaneously defending himself in the weirdest way possible, I do want to carry this forward:

With that I will vote on my conscious. [VOTE]: Max1996 Why did he just whimsically vote on whoever Labrev thought was scum?

If Max is gonna bring in his Meta, then he should identify cases in which on D2, he more or less arbitrarily hops onto wagons without any thoughts on said wagon. I'm cool pushing this over Caps tbh

Oh, the contrary, my sly friend. I'm surprised no one has put my pieces together now.

If you're an info role and got any sort of scum-check on me, I assure you that it's 100% fabricated. I assume that you got info that makes you 'think' I'm scum because you're seeing it as definitively scum-based, which has no bearing on me hunting for scum.

If you're an info role and got any sort of scum-check on me, I assure you that it's 100% fabricated. I assume that you got info that makes you 'think' I'm scum because you're seeing it as definitively scum-based, which has no bearing on me hunting for scum.

Scum can hunt for scum too...

Are you claiming to be a miller?

Not doing this because I want to, because I think that Max is scummy. Rather this will tie the votes between Mido and I. That being said I feel that Mido is playing very uncharacteristically and deserves some attention.
......Why not push for your case then.
Why don't you tell me? My thought was that you were trying to keep a mislynch alive.
When options are limited I keep my vote on who I believe I to be the scummiest and that was labrev. His replies did not make me believe he was town.
I meant that if one of you is scum, the other one is not likely to be scum, due to the interactions between you two so far. And my money right now is on you being scum.
Why? Why are our interactions mafia town?

So, this is a pressure vote? But what are your reasons for voting Caps?
By the end the fact that he clearly doesn’t seem that concerned with acumhunting.

Hey you guys know that scumreading me means I’m town right :p

Anyways in seriousness: I got some strange question in my inbox. If anything happens to me then it’s its fault. Wish me luck!!!

Elieson, I'm assuming your scum unless you claim otherwise. An ambiguous claim isn't going to change my mind.

@TheCapsFan My case on Elieson was how he created a mislynch wagon and jumped off just before the end of the day onto you to make himself look more towny. Also, my results indicate that Elieson is scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom