• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If YOU wrote the anime, how would you have written Sinnoh?

Pretty much what G said, although I don't mind the weenie Pokemon squishing down big Pokemon. I'll add in more.

1. Satoshi more observant and tactical and only becomes reckless if needed. Least he can do is cook poffins properly.

2. Hikari participating more. Even with the screen time she got, the co-star seem to slowly dissipate and it seems Piplup took over.

3. Hikari VS Naoshi and Nozomi VS Ulara in the Grand Festival. It'll be their first real battle against one another instead of doing the same shown from the previous episodes.

4. Takeshi as recurring character so he develops more on his knowledge of breeding eventually evolving to become a Pokemon Doctor. His battles can remain here but in the rest of the episodes, Satoshi and Hikari can journey on their own.

If there's more, I'll add soon.

I definitely would have made Ash battle the Elite Four, or at least Cynthia. Other than that I can't think of anything right off.

1 Add Lucas to series. Works as rival to Ash.
2 Ambipom stays.
3 Ash gets a Combee or scorupi.
4 Ta-hax would not use Legend Team, but rather Team of 4th Gen Evos. (Electrvive, Magmotar, Porygon-Z, Ambipom, Glaceon, and Dusknoir).
4 More eps more TG.
5 Do something with Gary.
6 Less Filler.
7 Have Ash win league, Face Elite Four.
8 End with timeskip, Ash is the Brock to a new trainer, Dawn as a Master Coordinator, Brock returns to gym. Montage shows other Protags' lives.
9 Haunter, Butterfree, Gliscor and Primeape reappear at Oak in the last episode, with group of congradulators. Don't question it.
10 Run time: 3 Years.
11 Begin BW with new main.

Don't Complain about the definiteness of ending, Ash will reapear late into BW.

Oh, and one more thing....I would totally not give Dawn Togekiss, I'd let Misty come back to get her Togetic in a special episode to have it evolve. And then i'd have her keep it too. I mean that's never happened in the anime before. A trainer who releases their pokemon and then claims it back. That would be great.

So, so many different things wrong with Sinnoh saga. Don't even get me started. I could literally, I kid you not, write a book on all the things that the writers did wrong with the Sinnoh saga. Let's just relegate it to the past, and move on with our lives to Isshu, shall we? Oh, and lets hope the writers learned a thing or two from Sinnoh, so Isshu doesn't turn out the same way.

So, so many different things wrong with Sinnoh saga. Don't even get me started. I could literally, I kid you not, write a book on all the things that the writers did wrong with the Sinnoh saga. Let's just relegate it to the past, and move on with our lives to Isshu, shall we? Oh, and lets hope the writers learned a thing or two from Sinnoh, so Isshu doesn't turn out the same way.

What didn't you like about it?

1. Have Grotle and Monferno evolve earlier. I thought it was ridiculous that Monferno got only 10 episodes, most of which it was hardly seen in.

Actually this kind of appearances for the 2nd forms of the 3 evolutions is similar to how some people who play the games prefer to not evolve their Pokemon until they usually learn all the moves first. Of course, there are certain moves only the evolved ones can use, but it's pretty typical for this case.

Another change I would do here is the physical and special attacks. DP started this and now each technique has their own damage category. First we got Aerodactyl performing Giga Impacts instead of Hyper Beams it used to do since AG and older. While the series progresses, this new damage category was mostly nullified where we still see special attacks on Pokemon that either has little or not as large attack strength. Best example was Torterra using Frenzy Plant, Leaf Storm and Hyper Beam. Another was Turtwig using Energy Ball instead of Seed Bomb (which I believe has not appeared yet). I understand the anime liked to do things their own way, but I always thought they would follow how the new games do battles now with this change.

Well, I have a list that I call "The Eight Big Mistakes in Diamond and Pearl". But I won't delve into that fully here. ;)

First off, I would've had Ash not catch Starly, and have him be the one to catch Buizel in the first place. Also, I would've had him keep Aipom, not release Gliscor, and catch Gible but send said Gible to Oak's.

Also I would have evolved Buizel, evolved Chimchar earlier, and had Torterra net a couple of wins, especially in the Sunyshore Gym.

So Ash's final team would've been Pikachu, Gliscor, Infernape, Torterra, Ambipom, and Floatzel, with Gible (who I would've evolved into Gabite sometime during the League) hanging back as a reserve fighter.

As for Dawn...well, I didn't like her all that much in the first place. I would seriously tone down her girliness, and give her a decent team. She would have caught a Togepi and evolved it to Togekiss on her own instead of having a fully-evolved Pokémon just handed to her. Her other Pokémon would've evolved, too-Buneary and maybe Piplup. With Piplup, Iwould have either done the Everstone Episode differently, with Dawn actually being understanding of Piplup's feelings and the like earlier. I would have had her tell Piplup that "It doesn't matter what you look like, Piplup. As Piplup, Prinplup, or mkaybe someday Empoleon, you'll still be the same friend I made on the first day of my journey." And he would've accepted this, and still decided not to evolve, or have realized it was okay and evolved. Or I would have bypassed that episode entirely. I don't know if I'd have had him reach Empoleon, but I definitely would have had him make it to Prinplup with option number two.

So her team would have been Prinplup, Lopunny, Pachirisu, Cyndaquil, Togekiss, and Mamoswine.

And as for Brock, the changes I would've made would be to have evolved Happiny earlier, and maybe evolved Croagunk as well.

Brock's team would have been Chansey, Sudowoodo, and Toxicroak.

Also, BROCK WOULD HAVE STAYED.

That's it.

If I could write Sinnoh...
THERE WOULD BE NO SINNOH! MUAH HA HA HA HA HA!
But if I was pressured into doing Sinnoh, Ash would win the Sinnoh League! And there would be no unfair Legendary-Pokemon-wielding plot devices to make Ash lose (sorry, guys, but that's what Takuto was). Dawn would not exist, I'd bring Misty back and delve into her a little more. Oh, and I'd introduce an actual plot.
...Too much wishful thinking.

Personally, I would have written in a few more captures for Ash. I'm not really a big fan on how after a certain number of Pokémon enter his team, he doesn't attempt to capture more of them. I personally would have love to see him with Hippopatas, Ralts, Stunky, and Riolu on the side along with his main party, just for more variety. Then probably add a new Battle Frontier saga as well, it would have been shorter since unlike Kanto BF where the facilities were spread-out of Kanto, they would be all in the same area as they were in Platinum and HG/SS.

There's only a few things I would've changed

- Ash/Takuto would be bumped up to the Sinnoh League final match.
- More Ursula appearances. Maybe one victory so she wouldn't look so pathetic.
- The Windworks Galactic event would've taken place.
- Both the Grand Festival and Sinnoh League would have one more episode to showcase some battles that were skipped.

- More appearances of Stunky and Combee
- Brock wouldn't have decided to become a doctor and stayed on with Ash to Isshu
- More pokemon for Brock, maybe cranidos.
- Perhaps another episode on the Galatic Plot
- Earlier appearance of Barry
- More Conway

Dawn would be at least 14, with a shorter skirt. The one she wears now isnt nearly short enough.

Last edited:
It's her game design. Anime-makers can't change that.

They shortened Dawn's scarf. They also completely changed Misty's, even though it is pretty obvious why.

As for what I would've done with Sinnoh:

-Maybe more interation among the DP trio.
-Ursula would've debuted earlier. She would've won against Dawn at least once.
-More appearances from Conway and maybe have him contribute more to Dawn's developement.
-Brock would've gotten more Pokemon. One of the fossil Pokemon, Chatot, or Tangrowth come to mind.
-Misty cameo.
-More episodes centering around Team Galactic.
-Dawn would've kept Ambipom.
The GF and League would've been at least 1 or 2 episodes longer so certain battles wouldn't have been skipped.
-Gible would've evolved during the Ash/Conway match.
-A couple of episodes would've been added to the end so Dawn could get a longer, more fullfilling ending.

I would've made Ash a recurring character and made the focus on Dawn and Lucas adventuring together, with Ash being like the Gary of Sinnoh XD

I think its odd how some characters barely appeared over the course of DP:

- Gary only gets 3 appearances? WTF was even the point of bringing him back into the show in the first place?

- Nando...really what was up with this. You introduce a guy in the 4th episode of a series, play him up as a rival for both Ash and Dawn, and then he disappears for 150+ episodes? What the hell?

- Kenny seemed kinda pointless overall, looking back. Its like he was only really there to give Prinplup some screentime and a small shipping focus.

- Ursula should have been there at the start. Only 5 episodes for her... :(

- Conway could have appeared maybe once or so out of his arcs.

- Holly disappears? What the hell? Its almost as if the writers purposely made sure to keep Brock out of the spotlight as much as possible.

- No Misty, however this wasn't entirely unexpected. Even back when DP first started, I believed it to be unlikely for her to appear, given all the things people were saying sounded like bad fanfiction. Not surprised she didn't, but they could have shown some characters watching Ash's league on TV at least.

- May could have stayed for one more episode, either before or after the Wallace Cup. Lyra got an extra episode over May, which seems odd to me.

- Only 1 Butch/Cassidy appearance?

Sheesh Gliscor'd, is it always lots of appearances or none at all for you? I agree with some of the characters on the list, but why does it matter if Gary only makes three episodes or if Butch/Cassidy only got one? What would giving Conway more screentime accomplish? And who said Holly was supposed to return at some point anyway? Did it ever occur to you that maybe these characters weren't intended to have major roles in the arc?
It seems you over-hype every single recurring character (or one that just has more than one appearance) on this show just because you expect perfection or whatever it is you want from the writers.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom