• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [April 4] - ENDGAME - Town win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Intro to Mafia: Cats of The War Room [Mar 19] - DAY 1

Confirming my role!

Vote: Yatagarasu :)
Why exactly are you voting me especially given the circumstances this is a small game and mislynches can cost us yet you decide to place your vote on me giving me three. So reason?

It's Day One: we want to lynch on Day One. Of course there will be mislynches, it's a part of the game. Unless there's a reason why we shouldn't vote you?

Why exactly are you voting me especially given the circumstances this is a small game and mislynches can cost us yet you decide to place your vote on me giving me three. So reason?

It's Day One: we want to lynch on Day One. Of course there will be mislynches, it's a part of the game. Unless there's a reason why we shouldn't vote you?

1) I'm town
2) Mislynches in small games can vastly hurt the town so lynching without real evidence is harmful
3) I'm one of the mentor players so don't you think it would be counter productive to those whose first mafia this is to lose someone with a decent amount of experience that is very active
4) Day one is better to have a no lynch than a mislynch unless there is good evidence to suggest someone is mafia which is very very rare. Therefore its better to end with tied votes or with votes towards no lynch

UNVOTE: Feralize
VOTE: No Lynch

To make my point. ^

@Phantom R; @Quaggington; @Pokemaster97; Do any of you have any reason to vote me other than a joke vote, otherwise as I said it would be counter productive to lynch me without evidence

Last edited:

@Yatagarasu;

1.) That's expected of you, to claim Town.
2.) Not necessarily.
3.) That's no excuse.
4.) Again, not necessarily. It's not counter productive to build a vote count, especially on Day One. In fact, it is completely productive.

I'm not one to vote to lynch randomly on Day One, and I never have been. But don't make up some lame excuses to combat a valid Day One tactic.

1) I'm town
2) Mislynches in small games can vastly hurt the town so lynching without real evidence is harmful
3) I'm one of the mentor players so don't you think it would be counter productive to those whose first mafia this is to lose someone with a decent amount of experience that is very active
4) Day one is better to have a no lynch than a mislynch unless there is good evidence to suggest someone is mafia which is very very rare. Therefore its better to end with tied votes or with votes towards no lynch

UNVOTE: Feralize
VOTE: No Lynch

To make my point. ^

@Phantom R; @Quaggington; @Pokemaster97; Do any of you have any reason to vote me other than a joke vote, otherwise as I said it would be counter productive to lynch me without evidence

My vote was a joke vote, I don't have a reason to suspect you of anything.

Unvote:Yatagarasu

I just saw you as suspicious for voting Feralize. It wasn't a joke vote, but it's true; I had no real evidence to go off of. If you really are town, I'll unvote just to be sure, but I've still got my eye on you.

UNVOTE: Yatagarasu

@MuddyMudkip
So you're still going to vote me? What if we're on the same side?

@MuddyMudkip
So you're still going to vote me? What if we're on the same side?

Considering the votes are tied you don't have to worry about being lynched yet, and in the case of you gaining another vote, at the current moment you can tie the votes. Three or more votes in an RVS stage tend to be when it gets difficult to tie. You can also vote no lynch which if it has the most votes then it win out over the tied votes.

EDIT:

VOTE COUNT:
SwampertShoes I-(MuddyMudkip)
Yatagarasu I-(Phantom R)
No Lynch I-(Yataragasu)

Last edited:

@Yatagarasu
Alright. =] Thank you. What does RVS stand for?
Sounds good to me.

Vote: No Lynch

@Yatagarasu
Alright. =] Thank you. What does RVS stand for?
Sounds good to me.

Random Voting Stage.

Generally in mafias on here we tend to start off day one with random voting and from that look for possible entrances for conversation starters. It's also good to keep note of interactions because when the night kill happens we can infer from that who could be mafia.

Random Voting Stage.

Generally in mafias on here we tend to start off day one with random voting and from that look for possible entrances for conversation starters. It's also good to keep note of interactions because when the night kill happens we can infer from that who could be mafia.

Ah. And oh, yes. I caught that, thank you. =] Will keep note.

I'm not going to vote anyone, but I think it's suspicious that @Yatagarasu would make a joke post on the first day of voting. Either they don't care about who gets lynched or they're just playing for the lolz.

@SteamKnight; I just explained to SwampertShoes but I'll explain again. On here generally day one is full of random joke votes until someone finds a serious entry to start conversation.

On another note, notice that I voted the host and then voted no lynch before stating that I don't care who gets lynched. You do bring me to Beck however who stated a day one lynch was good regardless if there is evidence or not.

The phase update will occur at about 10:15 EDT tonight (about 1 hour and 25 minutes from now).

You do bring me to Beck however who stated a day one lynch was good regardless if there is evidence or not.

Because it is. I still stand by my initial statement.

And don't drop my name in such an incriminating manner; if you're trying to make me look like the bad guy then you'll have to make a stronger argument than that.

You do bring me to Beck however who stated a day one lynch was good regardless if there is evidence or not.

Because it is. I still stand by my initial statement.

And don't drop my name in such an incriminating manner; if you're trying to make me look like the bad guy then you'll have to make a stronger argument than that.

SteamKnight brought up an interesting point and while it was pointed at the wrong person it did make me think of the fact that what he was saying what I said, was actually something you said. Overall it is anti-town behavior especially in this game. You have more experience than other players so you know more about mafias than them. However someone who has never played a mafia could be unfairly lynched and for all we know they could be the cop or doctor and not know to claim. The fact that someone with a PR being forced to claim day one could hurt the town period because the mafia would target them. Lynching without evidence is nothing but an easy kill for mafia unless on the lucky chance of actually hitting mafia which on D1 the percentage is extremely low meaning the we will most likely hit a townie.

Sorry, I was almost a day early on the update. Carry on.

Okay, well, since the game's getting into a more serious mode, I'm gonna Unvote: SwampertShoes

On another note, while I do believe that lynches can be productive, even if they are mislynches, I don't think it would be a good idea to pile someone Day 1. Perhaps if someone did something rather suspicious, then maybe we could go from there, even if it does turn out to be a mislynch. What I'm trying to say is that I'd much rather go for a No Lynch/tie in votes than just vote (based on little to no evidence) because "we need information" out of the lynch. Information is good, yes, but is it really worth the risk of mislynching in a small game? Is it really worth mislynching say a really good role? I don't know as much as the other experience players of this game, but the way I see it, I think mislynches on Day 1 (with no backing evidence) would be rather risky with us only having seven townies. However if there is some good evidence to go about, then in that case a lynch (even if it turns out to be a mislynch) would most likely prove to be moreproductive than a No Lynch.

Btw, Phantom R, you still haven't answered why you voted for Yatagarasu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom