• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Bug Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many, and there are many still that have not been discovered, I presume.

I'm always up for more bugs, though I'd love to see them fix the fundamental problems that existing Bug-types already have first (like the fact that even the ginormous Bug/Flying dual-type ones like Yanmega, Vespiquen, and Scyther can't learn Fly).

I can deal with not learning Fly.

My priority goes towards having more elemental-based Bug types. Bug/Fire, Bug/Water, Bug/Electric, Bug/Dragon, Bug/Ice, that sort of stuff. They've got physical Bugs taken care of no problem. I'm a sucker for variety.

I can deal with not learning Fly.

It really bugs me, though, when I have to have two Flying-types on a team because a Bug I want to use can't learn the move. It's gonna happen with HG, because I love Yanmega to death. Considering it's visually based on a friggin' airplane, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to learn it.

I just equate it to the fact that Bugs in the real world aren't generally built to sustain flight for a carrier. It's silly in a fictional game like Pokemon, but that's the only thing I can hinge on. I had to look up Fly to see what Bug-types could learn it and none apparently do. So rather than being an oversight, it could be a conscious decision not to have them learn it.

Again, it's weird when you figure in the games a Pokemon like Yanmega could probably EAT a damn Pidgey, so why does the tiny bird get to Fly and ferry people across the skies while Bugzilla can't? I throw my arms up to the question.

I think a cockroach would be pretty sick.

Bug/steel or something I don't know...Yeah I'd use one though.

More variety in general though, as others have said. More type combos because poison and flying as secondary types is dumb when it's practically all there is.

I'd like to see an ant-pokémon. I couldn't find any pokémon that's obviously based on one, except perhaps Trapinch to some extent.

I know Moth Pokémon are a little over used (Dustox, Venomoth, Mothim), but I'd love to see a fire/bug Pokémon based off the Atlus Moth, which is said to be the largest moth in the world.
And I want it to have good stats and good attacks, like, really good. Like high special attack, high special defence, high speed, but very low attack, medium-ish HP, and medium-ish defence.

I'd also like it to not have any evolutions or evolve from anything. Just a stand-alone, badass Moth Pokémon.

There are loads of other Moths that I'd like to see Pokémon off...

I think a cockroach would be pretty sick.

Bug/steel or something I don't know...Yeah I'd use one though.

More variety in general though, as others have said. More type combos because poison and flying as secondary types is dumb when it's practically all there is.

We don't need another scizor.

We don't need another scizor.

You forgot foretress too if you're going to go about it that way.

Guess we'll need to remove whiscash or any other water/ground types after Mudkips line was made...damn only one pokemon for each type combo?

Anyway, it's an idea because it makes sense, as do many other potential bug typings.

You forgot foretress too if you're going to go about it that way.

Guess we'll need to remove whiscash or any other water/ground types after Mudkips line was made...damn only one pokemon for each type combo?

Anyway, it's an idea because it makes sense, as do many other potential bug typings.

Well, Foretress isn't all that great. And I guess I understand. Though actually the wooper line was the first water/ground... but eh, I think Scizor dominates at the top of the bug kingdom and I'd prefer we cover other types, not jsut the old overused ones.

But yeah,more bugs,not MOAAAR,but the usual ammount.And more attacks.And more spiders,even if they arent bugs.

FFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSE

Even though there really isn't a scientific way of calling something a bug or not, you're mixing up "bug" with "insect".

Now that I got my daily dose of screaming false, I'd really like to see a bug/psychic, or bug/fighting. There really wouldn't be any way to screw those up; save for making something that looks like it would be named Bearplabn.

Also, this needs to be a Pokemon:
bug-face-thailand.jpg

Look at it... It looks like it has a face.

Last edited:
FFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSE

Even though there really isn't a scientific way of calling something a bug or not, you're mixing up "bug" with "insect".

Now that I got my daily dose of screaming false, I'd really like to see a bug/psychic, or bug/fighting. There really wouldn't be any way to screw those up; save for making something that looks like it would be named Bearplabn.

Also, this needs to be a Pokemon:
bug-face-thailand.jpg

Look at it... It looks like it has a face.

Oh,thanks for telling me know,in my lenguage(spanish) "bug" is the same as "insect" so I wasnt aware of the difference xD haha

Also...bug/fighting=Cockroach,those things just don´t die.Im sooo seeing it...
Cockroach used substitute and cut half its infinite HP!
Or a beetle(ok...its been done before but there are many kinds of beetles.....)Beetle fights are cool.

Oh,and a crazy ant that learns rapid spin.and tornado.and gust,and twister.

Last edited:
I'd like a to see Bug/Ground that doesn't completely suck.

Maybe like a carpenter ant (constructant would be a cool name). they are known for making tunnels in the ground and living in the ground. plus ants are strong for their size so they could possibly learn strong attacks.

Also, I like the idea of having a tree type evolution system. Maybe start out as larvae, and if it is a male, it will evolve into carpenter ant, or fire ant, and if it is a female, maybe a queen ant.

How bout this:

----------------------Sp. Attack> Sp. Defense= Thermant (Bug,Fire)

---------Male
----------------------Attack=Defense= Constructant (Bug, Ground

Larvant(the Starter)(Bug)

---------Female

----------------------Royant(Bug,Psychic)

It could work

How about a scarab beetle?

3 stages....

1st stage (basic) evolves @ lvl 14
BUG. Small scarab beetle with a happy face (yes it has a face)
2nd stage evolves to final stage @ 30
BUG/Dark a much larger scarab beetle with a horn starting to grow (so its short), and plating starting to form over a darker face.
3rd stage
BUG/Dark, human size, with a large long horn, and covered in armour-like plating. Mouth hidden under a large circular plate that has the horn present

Good Attack/Defense, low special, with average speed.
Learns physical bug and dark moves moves (Megahorn, Crunch, Bug bite, Night slash... with a new fighting type called "ram" PP 20, Power 100, Accuracy 85%. and Drill Peck)

Someone mentioned a whip scorpion in another thread, and I really have to get behind that idea:

TanzanianGiantTaillessWhipScorpionWHSp_AP7I.jpg

That would be epic (especially as a Pinsir evolution).

I don't want anymore new bug pokemon than D/P/Pt had. They had a few but not all that many. It had heracross and that was good enuf for me. What I want is more bug moves that are powerful. More moves like x-scissor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom