• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Gen V Starter Discussion

Okay, I originally said I hated Mijumaru. But I'll admit that even its starting to grow on me. I still wish its nose was a little smaller though.

I think it's big nose makes it look much cuter! I love the sweet, innocent look it has.

Something like this?
picture.php

Nope. It looks way better (And cuter) originally, Imo.

But I think I'll be picking the snowman otter. I think it's final evolution has the biggest potential of the three to look epic. Plus I love the sad, innocent look it has.

So true! I think the final evolution will look amazing! Tsujaata's final evolution will look great too! And I agree, it's so cute!

I'm going through an obssession over Mijumaru (The otter) and I'm on the hunt for a good avatar of it. I can't wait to see it's evolutions! I think I'm going to nickname it (When BW is released in NA) Mijumaru, I love that name, even if it is Japanese, it sounds cute! Mi-ju-mar-oo, it's easy to pronounce! At least, that's how I pronounce it.

I say we call Wotter Snotter. Snow + Otter = Snotter =D

Am I the only one who likes Black and Wotter together? I seriously hope that's his starter. And White gets Smugleaf.

In my head it was immediately boy-Wotter and girl-Firepig. I'm not sure why.

Then that means you think of the boy as the protagonist, right? Unless the boy is your rival, like gen 3.

White goes with all of them.

I say we call Wotter Snotter. Snow + Otter = Snotter =D

No. It's not a snow otter, doesn't resemble snow (I don't see the snowman in it that other people do.)

Sea otter. Ottsy could be a neat name. It looks like a childish/immature name, can be pronounced like 'Ottsea' would.

It's a snow-cone.

..Yea, it's sea otter.

Is anyone here going to nickname their starter any of these nicknames?

Am I the only one who likes Black and Wotter together? I seriously hope that's his starter. And White gets Smugleaf.

Well, it's my beleif that, at least in Special, the boy's going to get Bacon, the girl's going to get Smugleaf and the rival's going to get Wotter. It's exactly how it was in the GSC arc. Akin to how their distribution in the DPPt arc was the same as their distribution in the RGB arc. Gen VI will probably have the boy with the Water Starter, the girl with the Fire Starter and the rival with the Grass Starter.

In the anime, I think the girl might get Smugleaf. Think about it, May got Torchic (Fire), Dawn got Piplup (Water), we're just missing Grass.

It's a snow-cone.

..Yea, it's sea otter.

Is anyone here going to nickname their starter any of these nicknames?

I'll use Wotter for sure.

The more I say Ottsy/Ottsea, the more I freaking love it.

I shall now refer to Wotter as Ottsy. However, I strongly believe 'Wotter' would support his evolution even better. Ottsy sounds perfect. Wotter is a bit more mature and strong of a name for Mijumaru.

Just my opinion, of course.

The more I say Ottsy/Ottsea, the more I freaking love it.

I shall now refer to Wotter as Ottsy. However, I strongly believe 'Wotter' would support his evolution even better. Ottsy sounds perfect. Wotter is a bit more mature and strong of a name for Mijumaru.

Just my opinion, of course.

I like both of them, but i think Ottsy/Ottsea sounds a bit more like an official name.

Kinda reminds me of Squirtle and Wartortle, ya know? Ottsea and Wotter...

It could work. :3

EDIT: @Hero of Legend, Smugleaf is supposed to be Rabbit, i think.

I like both of them, but i think Ottsy/Ottsea sounds a bit more like an official name.

Kinda reminds me of Squirtle and Wartortle, ya know? Ottsea and Wotter...

It could work. :3

These were the exact words I was looking for to describe it. Ottsy sounds like an official name, to me. The ott part could describe that it's an otter and a tot. The sy part just makes it sound like a young thing while also sounding like sea.

Ottsy and Wotter. I really like the sound of the first evolving into the second. ^__^

I thought it would go Boy-Tsutarja, Girl-Mijumaru, Rival-Pokabu. The girl gets the "Cute" one, the rival gets the "Tough" one, and the boy gets the "Cool" one.

Ottsy would be a good name for the first one. ^__^

Ottsy sounds like a name the localizers would pick just to be different from everyone else saying 'Wotter' all the time.

"Wotter, Wotter, everywhere. But it's not the name they think."

As for Pignite... Woe to them if it somehow turns out to be Fire/Flying after fully evolving. The saying "when pigs fly" isn't exactly a worldwide accepted metaphor, but it's definitely known as one. Getting another Fire/Flying starter is the least of the concern -- losing the chance at some real nice creativity by keeping the pig on the ground is a horrible thought.

Where is this from?! I LOVE IT!!!

I love the Disney/Winnie The Pooh look, Pokabu looks like Eeyore, and Wotter looks like Piglet (ironically), but I can't tell who Smugleaf's supposed to be.

Maybe Rabbit?

No. It's not a snow otter, doesn't resemble snow (I don't see the snowman in it that other people do.)

Sea otter. Ottsy could be a neat name. It looks like a childish/immature name, can be pronounced like 'Ottsea' would.

Ottsy (or perhaps Ottsie) is actually a good name! And I also thought on naming the grass dude Slithivy. (from "slithering", like a snake, + "ivy").

I thought it would go Boy-Tsutarja, Girl-Mijumaru, Rival-Pokabu. The girl gets the "Cute" one, the rival gets the "Tough" one, and the boy gets the "Cool" one.

Ottsy would be a good name for the first one. ^__^

I honestly hope that the girl gets Ottsy. In the anime [provided she is in the anime], I would love that. Black and the rival can have whichever they choose out of the pig and skink.

Back
Top Bottom