• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pokemon 5th generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon mimics the real animal world right? :idea: There is a group of animals that are not represented by any type yet.They are the parasites.As a type it should be spelled like this: "PRSITE".They could be fish that attach themselves to other aquatic pokemon,plants,fungii or very small like viruses.They should have drain attacks and have high evasiveness or evasiveness increasing moves and/or abilities.

Hmm they should of just made MISSINGNO. a virus type pokemon. Lol :p

They have the Pokérus for that... They aren't actually Pokémon, but viruses nonetheless.

They have the Pokérus for that... They aren't actually Pokémon, but viruses nonetheless.

What if pokerus is actually caused by a pokemon who can make itself very small.If they introduce a couple of other pokemon diseases that are not all beneficial (some affect the speed of the pokemon,others the strength or PP used on a move kind of like the pressure ability does right now but worse).Each of these new illneses can be caused by different pokemon of the parasite type.
That will bring the pokemon world a little closer to the real world.

There are hundreds of legends in the real world, its just that in the pokemon world, most of them are involved with actual pokemon rather than with mythical beings that don't really exist, or objects or just stories, so even though its annoying there is so many legendaries, I think thats the reason why.

I agree with you but in my opinion they should focus more on the non-legendary pokemon.I understand that for small children to want to buy the game there should be cool looking legendaries but the same objective can be achieved with more pokemon like Lucario and Heracross which are non-legendary yet look super cool.That's why i think they should make fewer legendaries.

Actually why should all non legendary pokemon evolve at least once? There should be some unevolved pokemon that can be good as they are and just because evolution in pokemon does happen, does not mean that in every case, it should.

I'm asking you why shouldn't all non legendary pokemon evolve at least once as long as in the generation shift they've become overpowered by evolutions of older pokemon or by new pokemon? Every pokemon has at least one person who likes it(yes, even luvdisc :)).Why should some pokemon like Lucario have all the attention while others like poor Luvdisc are forgoten.(farfetch'd could be one of those pokemon were it not for the large number of people who like it;dunsparce,kangashan,keckleon,corsola,stantler and smeargle also).All these pokemon have potential.Luvdiscs evolution could become the fastest water pokemon there is for instance.As i sayed in my original post pokemon should get an evolution only if they've become to weak to be of any use in battle.Same goes for second stage evolution pokemon if they have become to weak to use.Single evolution pokemon that are considered strong(i can't think of any right now)can potentially get a pre-evolution(especially if they're big) as long as that pre-evolution brings something to the table to help it's evolved form.(an attack that can be learned only in the baby-form and then passed on as it evolves for instance.Like if you caught it's pre-evolved form and raised it to the required level for evolution but you chose not to evolve it but raise it further then your pokemon should learn sayed attack and after that you allow it to evolve)

For this, this is why games like Pokemon Ranger are made, for other things to do in pokemon world besides just train/fight pokemon, but there are few of these. The main game is always challenge gyms/E4 and whatever sidequest is there, I kinda doubt there will be things like this anytime soon.
And I doubt there will ever be a pokemon game where you play the villin, no offence, I just don't see it.

I know,i know, it's far more profitable to make more games and sell them then to put everything into one single game.

Any dreams for 5th Gen?

OK, hopefully this is the right place, because I've posted this same thing in 3 different areas of the forums, and the last one told me about the Pokemon World section...yea i'm still a noob at this place...anyway, i haven't posted anything in awhile, but...does anyone have ideas or hopes when there's a 5th gen? (im saying WHEN because its optimistic...?) to start off, i'd like a evo for torkoal, like turboil or something.

Re: Any dreams for 5th Gen?

I wouldn't mind a whole new wave of Pokémon. (I doubt they will stop making them, considering how much money they just made with HGSS in JP.)

Personally I didn't like a lot of 4th gen Pokémon, but I haven't played through Diamond completely, so I dunno. I might like them. Lol.

Just for the comedy of it, I'd like to see more Eevee evolutions. There's what, at least 10 more types for them to go through? :D Haha.

Oh, and either a prevo or evo of Lapras would be interesting.

What would I like to see from the 5th Gen...

Of course, new Pokemon. As much as some people complain that the number is always going up, a new generation of games without new Pokemon just wouldn't feel right. Part of the idea seems to be that each new region we explore also has new creatures to discover - Otherwise, there's no reason for some Professor to send you out with a Pokedex! You're building up a catalog of the area's Pokemon so that people in other parts of the Pokemon World can know what's there.

More urban environments. From the little I played of Pokemon Ranger, I remember a city that you went into the sewers of, and had Rattata and Grimer and Muk in it. Places like that would be great! Something aside from the general path-forest-cave-water routes we see so much of.

I really enjoyed Gen 3's Team Aqua/Magma, and seeing them actually accomplish what they were going for - To an extent. Stopping the process that was already in action just seemed exciting!

The ability to have a bit of customization on my character would be nice, too. A selection of outfits, or such. Heck, it could be yet another thing to collect in game!

The biggest things I'd like to see, however, for Generation 5 are both pretty major projects.

I'd love to see a 3D console Pokemon game, like the handheld ones that we get. Rather than side games like we have been getting, but with an actual full adventure, collecting, etc. Follow the standard formula, wandering around, catching Pokemon, etc, but have the world be in 3D and let us see in more detail what the world of Pokemon is like!

The other thing I'd like to see, is a Pokemon MMORPG. I don't think it would be very hard to do, and it would attract a huge player base in my opinion. I know I'd play! They could even maintain the version structure, by having the version of the game that you buy determine the type of License that your character gets to catch Pokemon. A Red License means that you can capture in the wild Pokemon A, B, and C, while a Blue License means you can capture Pokemon D, E, and F. Then, you can trade for the ones you can't capture - Encouraging you to make contact with others! Differences in Starting Region could make trading even more necessary.

Maybe with the 5th Generation, some of these things might come about. But, even if we don't get an MMO or a full 3D game, I'd still love to see the series continue. It's been with me since my childhood, and I'd like to keep it with me as a fond reminder now that I'm wandering through my adult life.

The ability to have a bit of customization on my character would be nice, too. A selection of outfits, or such. Heck, it could be yet another thing to collect in game!

This.

Battle Revolution had customizable player characters, so I'd like to see it in a handheld title too.
Customizable characters is pretty much the only thing I really, really want in Gen 5. Anything else I'd probably be fine with.

Customisible characters would be cool. I would really want to see me, in the game.

I loved all the generations, but I guess I have to say the 4th least of all. I hope that the 5th one will be an improvement.

Of course, if they finally make a snow leopard pokemon, all my irritations at the bad ones would be compensated for. <3

Does anyone else think that the Gen V games will bring the long overdue debut of the Dark-Type Gym?

Yeah, I do.

Missingno is so popular it really needs to get official status.

Teams Solar and Lunar for Gen 5, anybody?

Edit: For the love of Arceus, Make a Dark Gym already, Nintendo! And make a Gym for any types you decide to introduce in the future. Preferably in the games you introduce them in.

Im not so sure about Gen5 Anymore just because of the hints of the movies because there has always been a hint of a new pokemon in one of the movies
EXAMPLE:Lugia,Ho oh was in of the first few episodes that came out,Entei and Unown,Latios and Latias,Munchlax,lucario,Bonsly,Buizel,Chatot,Manaphy,Mantyke
so far there are no new pokemon.Maybe if ash goes back to johto For anther battle frontier more movies will come out and they'll have hint pokemon

Im not so sure about Gen5 Anymore just because of the hints of the movies because there has always been a hint of a new pokemon in one of the movies
EXAMPLE:Lugia,Ho oh was in of the first few episodes that came out,Entei and Unown,Latios and Latias,Munchlax,lucario,Bonsly,Buizel,Chatot,Manaphy,Mantyke
so far there are no new pokemon.Maybe if ash goes back to johto For anther battle frontier more movies will come out and they'll have hint pokemon

There'll be a movie for the Celebi event in HGSS so some new Pokemon will probably be revealed then.

Well, DP isn't over yet.

(And there's already confirmation of gen V)

More urban environments. From the little I played of Pokemon Ranger, I remember a city that you went into the sewers of, and had Rattata and Grimer and Muk in it. Places like that would be great! Something aside from the general path-forest-cave-water routes we see so much of.

Yeah I like this. More diverse environments would be awesome. It's an adventure, lets explore some new places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom