• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I really want Jessie or James to get that cat like pokemon, it's purple I believe. Its evolution fits Team Rocket right now from the looks of things.

I would love to see Zuruggu/Zuruzukin on James' team. Maybe it could be the new Wobbuffet. I could just imagine them running away from some sort of powerful attack/Pokemon like they always do, with Zuruggu lagging behind, trying to pull up his pants without tripping. Then again, this might not fit well with TR's new serious nature.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=85209

Judging from these scans for the 20th episode, Ash will obtain a Meguroko and Iris will obtain a Zuruggu in the future. Obviously not in this episode but its at least something to note for now.

Also, this is by no means confirmed 100%. There is still the possibility of it being fake so don't jump the gun yet.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=85209

Judging from these scans for the 20th episode, Ash will obtain a Meguroko and Iris will obtain a Zuruggu in the future. Obviously not in this episode but its at least something to note for now.

Also, this is by no means confirmed 100%. There is still the possibility of it being fake so don't jump the gun yet.

If Ash does, that would mean he would have a full team. Meguroko would be a very good member - Ash's first dark type!

other_art_bw_megujump02.jpg

And it's a wimp! I like it already

I could totally see it evolve into a super cool Warubiaru and gain confidence in its abilities and win some awesome battles for Ash! So excited for it.

And it seems that from those scans, Mijumaru is still the same lovable water starter we all know. I hope we see it grow from that and evolve into the epic Daikenki in the future. That's also some great progression for its character considering Daikenki's the "dignity pokemon".

Also, Zuruggu for Iris is cool, since it is in the Dragon egg group, it makes sense too. Maybe instead of Onondo, she'll use Zuruggu/Zuruzukin in its place.

Ash:

Pikachu

Mamepato -> Hatooboo -> Kenhorou (Or Koaruhi -> Suwanna... That'd be awesome, haha, if Iris got Koaruhii and they traded or something. But for now I just want to see more personality from this pigeon)

Mijumaru -> Futachimaru -> Daikenki - He gets so much spotlight it'd be a shame not to see it evolve. I love this dude!

Pokabu -> Chaobuu - I'd like to see an evolution from this guy. Maybe something depressing leads to bonding with Ash and a subsequent evolution right before the... 4 or 5 Gym.

Tsutarja - Don't see her evolving.

Meguroko -> Waruvile - Awesome coward. Maybe he/she goes from cowardly -> overconfident and Ash has to learn to work with the Overconfidence ability?

Riguree/Furiijio - Both would be a different kind of Pokemon for Ash, and I'd like to see him work with one.

Iris:

Kibago -> Onondo - He/She can evolve to Ononokusu in a filler saga.

Zuruggu -> Zuruzukin - He/She is an awesome addition to her team! Dragon-esque, cool type, eccentric. Perfect for Iris.

Koaruhi -> Swanna - I think she'll catch one. she could sue an elegant Pokemon. All of the girls have gotten at least on typically feminine Pokemon, and I want Koaruhi to be hers. It'll be like the Shyamin from Movie 11, with regards to personality.

Egg -> Monozu - Baby pseudo-Dragon. Awesome.

Crimgan - Her Mamoswine/Charizard.

I think people are jumping the gun a bit with Meguroco.

There's really no clear indication that it will be Ash's.

I think people are jumping the gun a bit with Meguroco.

There's really no clear indication that it will be Ash's.
How is it holding on to Satoshi's leg for dear life not a clear indication that it could be his.

How is it holding on to Satoshi's leg for dear life not a clear indication that it could be his.

Because every Pokemon that has had physical contact with Ash has not always belonged to him.

This is the perfect example of what I said about people jumping the gun.

yeah I have to agree with Krizor. Hipopotas was one such pokemon, well any ways since there has been such a parallel to Kanto I think last pokemon will be a bug type IMO either Kaburumo or Chobomaki. If only because I think James or Jessie will capture a Fushide.

Sorry for moving the conversation over here, but I'm not sure I wanted to post this in the Tsutarja thread since it barely (if at all) has anything to do with the episode.

To be honest, it would be great if he did catch more than six Pokémon and switches them consistely. This is something that has never been done (tha only tieme he caught mnore than six was in Kanto with Krabby and Tauros, but both when instantly oaked and not used for years, at least never in the Kanto saga) so it would be interesting to see for a change, although it would be risky for the wwriters to have an intercheangable cast and it might suck if they don't handle it right.

I have to agree, I've been thinking about it just recently, and Ash's Pikachu is kind of a limiter on Ash's captures of a new region. Okay normally he does get six "region" Pokemon (except Hoenn, not sure if Aipom really counts) and except Sinnoh (since Buizel was traded to him, but for these purposes let's count it, more than Aipom). If Pikachu wasn't there, Ash might actually be able to catch one more Pokemon than he normally does.

So if Pikachu has to be on Ash's team (which will obviously never change), Ash should catch a few more Pokemon than normal. I'm not sure how they plan on doing that when Araragi only gave Ash 5 Poke balls, and specifically told Shooti that a trainer can only have 6 Pokemon on his team. I'm hoping that wasn't a hint that Ash won't be catching more than normal.

So I'd at least at most like to see Ash with 8-9 Pokemon (the six he undoubtedly will get plus 2-3 reserve type Pokemon). At least then maybe people won't complain as much that Ash has limited his choices by catching all the Starter Pokemon, and those extra Pokemon could help Ash solely take on the Isshu League with just them (assuming some of them are decent).

Larvitar was rather clingy to Ash, it was never captured by Ash though. If saw the art work back then like you did for episode 20 then you would assume from the picture that Larvitar is Ash's pokemon which is not the case since he was getting it to it's mother. To those who say it is jumping the gun, seems like any other speculation that goes on here. People want to put two and two together. I personally hope that Meguroco is part of Ash's party at some point in time.

Hippopotas was clingy, but it was the Pokémon of the Day, Meguroco's already had an episode. Larvitar had it's own mini-arc, that's why. To suddenly throw another Meguroco in the plot, when there's so much Isshu Pokémon to go through would be stupid. Also, it looks like Ash is trying to give it a command.

Sorry for moving the conversation over here, but I'm not sure I wanted to post this in the Tsutarja thread since it barely (if at all) has anything to do with the episode.

I have to agree, I've been thinking about it just recently, and Ash's Pikachu is kind of a limiter on Ash's captures of a new region. Okay normally he does get six "region" Pokemon (except Hoenn, not sure if Aipom really counts) and except Sinnoh (since Buizel was traded to him, but for these purposes let's count it, more than Aipom). If Pikachu wasn't there, Ash might actually be able to catch one more Pokemon than he normally does.

So if Pikachu has to be on Ash's team (which will obviously never change), Ash should catch a few more Pokemon than normal. I'm not sure how they plan on doing that when Araragi only gave Ash 5 Poke balls, and specifically told Shooti that a trainer can only have 6 Pokemon on his team. I'm hoping that wasn't a hint that Ash won't be catching more than normal.

So I'd at least at most like to see Ash with 8-9 Pokemon (the six he undoubtedly will get plus 2-3 reserve type Pokemon). At least then maybe people won't complain as much that Ash has limited his choices by catching all the Starter Pokemon, and those extra Pokemon could help Ash solely take on the Isshu League with just them (assuming some of them are decent).

I'd rather see the less is more/quality vs. quantity for Ash's captures. Rotating pokemon would mean Ash would have to rotate only the wildcard slot while the starters, Pikachu, and the bird will stay on the team. If Ash gets 8 Isshu pokemon and Pikachu, that means Ash would have to rotate the wildcard slot 4 times. Personally, I'd rather see better character development and growth for the wildcard rather than getting a lot of them. I mean Meguroko already has 2 more evolutions and it seems to have an interesting personality. So assuming Ash has Meguroko, I'd rather see it be developed well.

Now, I'd be okay if Ash only gets one other pokemon besides Meguroko, they could easily divide up the screentime into half and half for the BW series. But any more than that, I feel like the screentime would be limited. Also, the writers still let Ash capture his 6th pokemon at the tail of end of the region with Gible. They also put Gliscor into training as opposed to being Oak'd which some people were mad about at first. I think they have to improve handling a rotation of 2 wildcards on the team before moving on.

There's also the fact that there's screentime for Ash's 4 permanent Isshu pokemon. The writers still have issues dividing up the screentime for a full team of 6. It's going to be even harder trying to have good enough screentime for 9 pokemon.

Sure you could say they could be caught like Kingler, Muk, and Tauros. However, compare how many times they were used/seen with the other wildcard reserve pokemon: Snorlax, Donphan, Glalie, and Heracross. Kingler and Muk haven't battled since Johto and haven't been seen since AG. Tauros' last appearance/battle was Anabel's BF match.

Snorlax, Heracross, and Donphan all battled in the Sinnoh league while Glalie got to be shown twice with DP182 and training with Infernape and Torterra. Now add that screentime with their screentime traveling with Ash. The traveling pokemon got more screentime than the pokemon Oak'd right away. So I think it's best if Ash doesn't do a Krabby/Muk/Tauros capture this region. Not to mention, it takes away from any character development if he does that.

I'd say get a full team of 6 now and develop them any chance they get. By half of BW, Meguroko could be fully evolved and Oak'd and Ash can catch a new wildcard that he could take his time with and develop into another strong pokemon. No more late captures or unevolved wildcards, no more pokemon that would not be seen traveling with Ash, no more lack of development...just a good showcase of a solid 7 pokemon.

Seems a bit long, so I'll add spoiler tags. But this is my response to Ash6K.

I'd rather see the less is more/quality vs. quantity for Ash's captures.
If the writers, and in turn I have to choose between the two obviously Quality is better. However Quality is not always preferred since people can and will get bored of the same thing over and over, especially an anime series that can easily last 4 years. It is true that maybe watching the episodes in a row will actually be less boring. But since when they air we have to wait a week (and in some cases two weeks) for the next one, that time just adds to itself and things can get too monotonous.

Of course maybe its the writer's fault for not making fun episodes for Pokemon outside of Pikachu and the "walking" Pokemon. I mean seriously as 'interesting' as it was for Pikachu and Piplup to fall in love with each other (and it did "fit" the plot), it was still incredibly boring because Pikachu and Piplup at that time DID NOT need any more screen time. Unlike Ash's other Pokemon (namely Monferno, who one point didn't show up for 10-20 episodes) got screwed over of an appearance. I mean seriously Staraptor was Ash's only other Pokemon that showed up in that episode. Complete waste. And yeah in that case maybe we can blame the writers for making the teams monotonous if they aren't actually going use them properly.

Rotating pokemon would mean Ash would have to rotate only the wildcard slot while the starters, Pikachu, and the bird will stay on the team. If Ash gets 8 Isshu pokemon and Pikachu, that means Ash would have to rotate the wildcard slot 4 times. Personally, I'd rather see better character development and growth for the wildcard rather than getting a lot of them.
It wouldn't be hard actually to rotate properly.

So let's assume Ash's 6th slot is Meguroko and his other 3 Pokemon are: Bachuru, Komatana, and Gobitto.

Meguroko- 30 episode from BW020. Shows up at least every other 3 episodes (if not more), and ends with it evolving into Waruvile. Before this though Ash catches Bachuru and it is sent to oak's. So we're at BW050 (at this point).

Bachuru- After Ash's Meguroco evolves and Ash sends it to Oak's for a break. Bachuru is then on Ash's team for 40 episodes, and then evolves. And Ash oaks it and later catches Komatana. We are at BW095 at this moment, and Komatana is on Ash's team for 40 episodes. And it wins at a gym and is then oaked for either Waruvile again. Then for the rest of the possible Isshu Region (assuming there is a filler saga), Ash trains up Waruvile for 10-15 episodes and it evolves after beating one of Shaga's or Iris's Pokemon (hoping for a full battle handicap battle, 3 for Iris and 3 for Shaga), and Waruvial (the evolution of Waruvile) learns Outrage and then manages to knock out either's last Pokemon earning Ash his eighth gym badge (along with most likely Daikenki).

Isshu League (approximately 10 episodes)- Ash uses Pikachu, Kenhorou, Daikenki, Janovy, Chaobuu, Waruvial, Denchura, and Komatana all in the league (maybe Komatana can evolve at this point).

Filler Saga- Ash dumps Daikenki (only because it would be Ash's most developed Pokemon at this point, and I doubt we really need to see all the starters of Isshu in the Filler Saga, assuming there is a FILLER SAGA) and either takes another water Pokemon (possibly for evolution) and takes Gible (so he should have about 5 Pokemon at this point). A few episodes later Ash catches Gobitto, and he has his full team. And for the last 30-50 or so episodes before the hypothetical next generation on the 3DS, Ash's other 2 starters fully evolve (Jalorda and Enbuoh), Ash Gible at least evolves once (or the water Pokemon does), and either Gobitto becomes incredibly powerful and manages to take down a powerful filler saga trainer's Pokemon or evolves and does the same thing (preferably I'd like it if Gobitto/Goruggo managed to be the one to earn Ash his trinket, and keep Pikachu away, but if I can't have that then at least one of the trainer's other Pokemon). Komatana/Kirizikan, Denchura, Waruvile, and Daikenki show up.

The final battle of Best Wishes (with the Isshu Pokemon) should be a triple battle between Ash's three fully evolved starters vs whoever (and three random powerful Isshu Pokemon). As for the hypothetical trainer I don't know, nothing comes to mind. If Shaga is Ash's 8th gym leader badge challenge then maybe Iris but if Ash challenges Iris, I don't know who it should be and Dento would likely be just as redundant.

Oh and feel free to replace any of my Pokemon choices with one of your own, and I suppose if need be take out Komatana, and add more to Meguroko-line, or Bachuru line.

Of course as you can see a problem does come up with my hypothetical hopeful layout. It really doesn't leave much room for Ash's older gen Pokemon to show up, such as those that didn't show up in DP as well as Torterra (for a win) and Infernape. If you feel that Waruvial would have more than enough screen time, maybe they can pull a Glalie as in showing up in the Isshu League but not the filler saga, maybe include Denchura into that (as long as it gets a decent win in the league). Komotana/Kirikizikan (whatever) I feel would need to show up though. And if all else fails, why not a group shot of all of Ash's Oaked Pokemon and mentions to those Ash still would use that aren't currently there.

And (not directed at anyone in particular) but don't even dare throw faster paced in my face. Because let's face it unless Ash's story is wrapped up in the Isshu region or unless 6th gen conveniently comes before September 2014. We still have 4 years of just Isshu Pokemon to go through (filler saga or not). They aren't going to take a however many years/days/months hiatus until the next gen. They wouldn't do that.

I mean Meguroko already has 2 more evolutions and it seems to have an interesting personality. So assuming Ash has Meguroko, I'd rather see it be developed well.
I think my hypothetical scenario would be fine.

Now, I'd be okay if Ash only gets one other pokemon besides Meguroko, they could easily divide up the screentime into half and half for the BW series.
I don't know I'd feel 8 would be preferable. I mean if and only if the writers decently show Pokemon's screen time would I be okay with just seven. But eight Pokemon sound preferable to me. And nine if they decide to be really good about it.

I mean because look at all the options Ash has available to him. It would be a disappointment if Ash didn't even get at least one my favorites (Denchura/Gobitto). And as long as no one but Ash gets Denchura, I'd be more than fine if he actually didn't get it. But still, it would be nice if he caught a decent number of Pokemon because Isshu has so many good options (despite what some crazy people may think).

But any more than that, I feel like the screentime would be limited.
The only problem the writers would face is if they make it too obvious a Pokemon is in the episode for screen time and just because its going to "evolve" or something is going to happen to it.

There's also the fact that there's screentime for Ash's 4 permanent Isshu pokemon. The writers still have issues dividing up the screentime for a full team of 6. It's going to be even harder trying to have good enough screentime for 9 pokemon.
True, but I think I blame the fact the writers refuse give screen time to Pokemon who deserve it (Pikachu is not one of them) and maybe this can be blamed on the budget maybe Pikachu's thunderbolt costs less in animating than Ash sending out Pokabu and having it use "Heat Stamp" but still there is no reason to resort to Pikachu almost every SINGLE EPISODE. Which is why Pikachu annoys the hell out of me sometimes. I'd like it if it was used as Ash's most powerful Pokemon and only used in certain "rare" cases. And if that was the case Pikachu would be pretty fine to me.

But not only is it in every episode it has to be used as well in every episode. I mean tell me something. Why did Ash use Pikachu against Narissa (Ditto trainer). What the F#$$$&. I mean honestly Torterra was going to lose to Volkner's Electivire, and Pikachu was going to win (as well as Pikachu winning in the Sinnoh League) why was it necessary to have Pikachu win against a Pikachu Ditto. Absolutely unnecessary. Hell Gible would've been just as equally been better (though Torterra seriously needed a win). But no the writers hate everyone but Pikachu and decided Pikachu needed yet another win.

I'd say get a full team of 6 now and develop them any chance they get. By half of BW, Meguroko could be fully evolved and Oak'd and Ash can catch a new wildcard that he could take his time with and develop into another strong pokemon. No more late captures or unevolved wildcards, no more pokemon that would not be seen traveling with Ash, no more lack of development...just a good showcase of a solid 7 pokemon.

There is just a few problems though (with just a solid good 7 Pokemon):

1. Meguroco is (likely) actually being caught very early around BW020 (maybe even earlier, maybe before or right after Iris's hypothetical Zuruggu). But most likely it is for some good development. However catching his sixth slot Pokemon this early seems to indicate the writers want Ash to at least catch 2-3 more Pokemon (after it). So at least 8 total Pokemon (including Pikachu).

2. Pikachu. Ash only getting 7 Pokemon is kind of a joke from the writers in a way that says "There's your 6 Isshu Pokemon without Pikachu, be glad you have that" but no Ash's Rivals more than likely has more than 6 regional Pokemon, and we have Iris and Dento to make up for the extra Pokemon the rivals may have. Meanwhile Ash is limited with just 6 Isshu Pokemon. I feel like Ash should at the very least should get 7 Isshu Pokemon (which if including Pikachu is 8 Pokemon). 8 Isshu Pokemon is ideal, but I'll be fine if it doesn't happen.

Although yes I'll agree any more than 9 total Pokemon (including Pikachu will be too much).

Edit: And also did anyone notice how boring Meguroco's moveset is? Well okay checking again, Stone Edge and the likes are okay (and it learns Outrage when it's fully evolved) but geez for decent ground and dark type moves, it sucks. I really hope Torterra comes back and has learned Earth Power. Or if they are brave enough have Meguroko and it's possible evolutions use Earthquake.

I hate when the writers give a Pokemon to that doesn't decently show off their typing. And Meguroco is the bottom of the barrel in terms of ground and dark. There is some nice ground and dark type moves I agree. But since it will likely only have Bite or Crunch (which seem so boring, like dig is for ground) or maybe even Trickery (would actually be nice assuming Meguroco and it's evolution pull it off in a cool manner that's not white glowy something), it seems disappointing it doesn't have a decent special dark type move.

However for the final evolution Waruvial, I am looking forward to Outrage (and I hope they don't disappoint).

Last edited:
Seems a bit long, so I'll add spoiler tags. But this is my response to Ash6K.
Here's my response:

If the writers, and in turn I have to choose between the two obviously Quality is better. However Quality is not always preferred since people can and will get bored of the same thing over and over, especially an anime series that can easily last 4 years. It is true that maybe watching the episodes in a row will actually be less boring. But since when they air we have to wait a week (and in some cases two weeks) for the next one, that time just adds to itself and things can get too monotonous.
AG and DP had Ash battling with 7 pokemon plus reserves. I personally didn't find it boring. And idk, I saw more complaints on pokemon treatment than stagnant teams. And if there were complaints for stagnant teams, evolution seemed to be good enough to change things up for the most part. At least that's how I saw it.

Of course maybe its the writer's fault for not making fun episodes for Pokemon outside of Pikachu and the "walking" Pokemon. I mean seriously as 'interesting' as it was for Pikachu and Piplup to fall in love with each other (and it did "fit" the plot), it was still incredibly boring because Pikachu and Piplup at that time DID NOT need any more screen time. Unlike Ash's other Pokemon (namely Monferno, who one point didn't show up for 10-20 episodes) got screwed over of an appearance. I mean seriously Staraptor was Ash's only other Pokemon that showed up in that episode. Complete waste. And yeah in that case maybe we can blame the writers for making the teams monotonous if they aren't actually going use them properly.
See, if the writers do this now and pick favorites, it's going to be hard to divide up the screentime fairly. And to be honest, it's not like they're improving with the screentime. In AG, the screentime between Ash's team seemed to be more fair than DP. I mean with people calling Infernape a screentime hog and people complaining about Buizel losing or Torterra losing or Gible not getting enough screentime...I don't think the writers can handle a certain amount of pokemon yet. I mean they haven't found the right balance for 7 pokemon, I think they need to work on that before going ahead.

It wouldn't be hard actually to rotate properly.

So let's assume Ash's 6th slot is Meguroko and his other 3 Pokemon are: Bachuru, Komatana, and Gobitto.

Meguroko- 30 episode from BW020. Shows up at least every other 3 episodes (if not more), and ends with it evolving into Waruvile. Before this though Ash catches Bachuru and it is sent to oak's. So we're at BW050 (at this point).

Bachuru- After Ash's Meguroco evolves and Ash sends it to Oak's for a break. Bachuru is then on Ash's team for 40 episodes, and then evolves. And Ash oaks it and later catches Komatana. We are at BW095 at this moment, and Komatana is on Ash's team for 40 episodes. And it wins at a gym and is then oaked for either Waruvile again. Then for the rest of the possible Isshu Region (assuming there is a filler saga), Ash trains up Waruvile for 10-15 episodes and it evolves after beating one of Shaga's or Iris's Pokemon (hoping for a full battle handicap battle, 3 for Iris and 3 for Shaga), and Waruvial (the evolution of Waruvile) learns Outrage and then manages to knock out either's last Pokemon earning Ash his eighth gym badge (along with most likely Daikenki).

Isshu League (approximately 10 episodes)- Ash uses Pikachu, Kenhorou, Daikenki, Janovy, Chaobuu, Waruvial, Denchura, and Komatana all in the league (maybe Komatana can evolve at this point).

Filler Saga- Ash dumps Daikenki (only because it would be Ash's most developed Pokemon at this point, and I doubt we really need to see all the starters of Isshu in the Filler Saga, assuming there is a FILLER SAGA) and either takes another water Pokemon (possibly for evolution) and takes Gible (so he should have about 5 Pokemon at this point). A few episodes later Ash catches Gobitto, and he has his full team. And for the last 30-50 or so episodes before the hypothetical next generation on the 3DS, Ash's other 2 starters fully evolve (Jalorda and Enbuoh), Ash Gible at least evolves once (or the water Pokemon does), and either Gobitto becomes incredibly powerful and manages to take down a powerful filler saga trainer's Pokemon or evolves and does the same thing (preferably I'd like it if Gobitto/Goruggo managed to be the one to earn Ash his trinket, and keep Pikachu away, but if I can't have that then at least one of the trainer's other Pokemon). Komatana/Kirizikan, Denchura, Waruvile, and Daikenki show up.

The final battle of Best Wishes (with the Isshu Pokemon) should be a triple battle between Ash's three fully evolved starters vs whoever (and three random powerful Isshu Pokemon). As for the hypothetical trainer I don't know, nothing comes to mind. If Shaga is Ash's 8th gym leader badge challenge then maybe Iris but if Ash challenges Iris, I don't know who it should be and Dento would likely be just as redundant.

Oh and feel free to replace any of my Pokemon choices with one of your own, and I suppose if need be take out Komatana, and add more to Meguroko-line, or Bachuru line.

Of course as you can see a problem does come up with my hypothetical hopeful layout. It really doesn't leave much room for Ash's older gen Pokemon to show up, such as those that didn't show up in DP as well as Torterra (for a win) and Infernape. If you feel that Waruvial would have more than enough screen time, maybe they can pull a Glalie as in showing up in the Isshu League but not the filler saga, maybe include Denchura into that (as long as it gets a decent win in the league). Komotana/Kirikizikan (whatever) I feel would need to show up though. And if all else fails, why not a group shot of all of Ash's Oaked Pokemon and mentions to those Ash still would use that aren't currently there.

I think my hypothetical scenario would be fine.
While this scenario seems nice and all, I doubt the writers would find the perfect balance right away for screentime like this if they haven't in the past. And there's so many things that could happen that we can't tell if there's a filler saga this time or not. And I personally like to see old pokemon as well as new pokemon.

And seeing the evolutions involved in your scenario, I really doubt Ash is going to evolve all his pokemon all the way. Especially if he has 9. I mean at least one or 2 pokemon we've seen on Ash's team so far have been unevolved. If there's a step up from evolutions, then I could see one pokemon unevolved and another not fully evolved but seeing all the starters evolve, Kenhorou, and the wildcards fully evolved...kinda a stretch considering even DP didn't give us that.

I don't know I'd feel 8 would be preferable. I mean if and only if the writers decently show Pokemon's screen time would I be okay with just seven. But eight Pokemon sound preferable to me. And nine if they decide to be really good about it.
That's what I feel should be focused first. 7 pokemon getting solid screentime. I mean instead of a late capture, have it be early. Instead of a pokemon losing all the time, let them get chances to win. And if Ash gets Daikenki, then I want a lot of focus on Daikenki as well. The character development and the potential to become an awesome water powerhouse should not be passed up.

And I personally want the wildcard to be almost like a permanent member of a team for once instead of a rotating slot. I mean if Ash has to get 7 pokemon each region, then let the wildcards stay longer than 40 episodes. 100 each would be good to see some development out of them.

I mean because look at all the options Ash has available to him. It would be a disappointment if Ash didn't even get at least one my favorites (Denchura/Gobitto). And as long as no one but Ash gets Denchura, I'd be more than fine if he actually didn't get it. But still, it would be nice if he caught a decent number of Pokemon because Isshu has so many good options (despite what some crazy people may think).
Wanting Ash to get more than a certain number of pokemon only because you favor pokemon isn't really a good reason tbh. Trust me, I wanted Ash to get a Denchura and I think it's possible. But I also know that there's a good chance it won't happen as well. If it doesn't get caught, it doesn't get caught. And is it really that bad if it's caught by Dento or Iris (well I doubt it'd be caught by Iris imo)? We can't judge now how much screentime Dento or Iris will get. Not at this point.

True, but I think I blame the fact the writers refuse give screen time to Pokemon who deserve it (Pikachu is not one of them) and maybe this can be blamed on the budget maybe Pikachu's thunderbolt costs less in animating than Ash sending out Pokabu and having it use "Heat Stamp" but still there is no reason to resort to Pikachu almost every SINGLE EPISODE. Which is why Pikachu annoys the hell out of me sometimes. I'd like it if it was used as Ash's most powerful Pokemon and only used in certain "rare" cases. And if that was the case Pikachu would be pretty fine to me.

But not only is it in every episode it has to be used as well in every episode. I mean tell me something. Why did Ash use Pikachu against Narissa (Ditto trainer). What the F#$$$&. I mean honestly Torterra was going to lose to Volkner's Electivire, and Pikachu was going to win (as well as Pikachu winning in the Sinnoh League) why was it necessary to have Pikachu win against a Pikachu Ditto. Absolutely unnecessary. Hell Gible would've been just as equally been better (though Torterra seriously needed a win). But no the writers hate everyone but Pikachu and decided Pikachu needed yet another win.
Note how these problems occurred during a saga that people really liked. Would BW be an exception to this? Who knows but if people are already complaining about Mamepato neglect (which they shouldn't now btw)...just saying. The writers may change stuff up in the anime event wise, but how they handle captures and screentime...they've been pretty consistent.

There is just a few problems though (with just a solid good 7 Pokemon):

1. Meguroco is (likely) actually being caught very early around BW020 (maybe even earlier, maybe before or right after Iris's hypothetical Zuruggu). But most likely it is for some good development. However catching his sixth slot Pokemon this early seems to indicate the writers want Ash to at least catch 2-3 more Pokemon (after it). So at least 8 total Pokemon (including Pikachu).
Or Ash will have better development with his pokemon? One complaint I've heard about Gliscor as a wildcard was that we saw it lost a lot and only saw it won one gym battle before it was put into training. Well...here's the writers' chance to show Meguroko and develop it a lot better before a potential Oaking. And then of course that could leave room for more screentime for a second wildcard instead of having that last minute capture.

2. Pikachu. Ash only getting 7 Pokemon is kind of a joke from the writers in a way that says "There's your 6 Isshu Pokemon without Pikachu, be glad you have that" but no Ash's Rivals more than likely has more than 6 regional Pokemon, and we have Iris and Dento to make up for the extra Pokemon the rivals may have. Meanwhile Ash is limited with just 6 Isshu Pokemon. I feel like Ash should at the very least should get 7 Isshu Pokemon (which if including Pikachu is 8 Pokemon). 8 Isshu Pokemon is ideal, but I'll be fine if it doesn't happen.
Ash got 6 DP pokemon and I didn't see complaints about Ash not getting enough DP pokemon. Sure there's more pokemon in BW but hey, maybe they need the screentime. I mean I can name at least 4 pokemon in DP that could've gotten more screentime.

Edit: And also did anyone notice how boring Meguroco's moveset is? Well okay checking again, Stone Edge and the likes are okay (and it learns Outrage when it's fully evolved) but geez for decent ground and dark type moves, it sucks. I really hope Torterra comes back and has learned Earth Power. Or if they are brave enough have Meguroko and it's possible evolutions use Earthquake.

I hate when the writers give a Pokemon to that doesn't decently show off their typing. And Meguroco is the bottom of the barrel in terms of ground and dark. There is some nice ground and dark type moves I agree. But since it will likely only have Bite or Crunch (which seem so boring, like dig is for ground) or maybe even Trickery (would actually be nice assuming Meguroco and it's evolution pull it off in a cool manner that's not white glowy something), it seems disappointing it doesn't have a decent special dark type move.

However for the final evolution Waruvial, I am looking forward to Outrage (and I hope they don't disappoint).

As a Waruvial, some potential moves besides Outrage, Trickery, and Stone Edge which you said:
Sand Tomb, Bark Out, Level Ground, Knock Down, Dragon Claw, and Dragon Tail.

Dragon, Dark, Ground, and Rock attacks...I think it's a nice showoff for Waruvial's species and typing.

I couldn't bother reading alllll of that, but I just wanted to say that, while I prefer Ash to just stick to his team of 6 to allow for more focus on each of these 6 Poké (at worst, maybe catch just ONE more Poké) that comment about "Araragi gave Ash 5 Pokéballs" made me think about this... and actually, Ash did NOT waste a ball on Miju - Araragi sent him Miju's ball... so Ash wasted 3 balls on Mamepato/Tsutaja/Pokabu, assuming he'll catch Meguroco there goes the 4th ball... but he'll still have that 5th ball to use
Of course, that's assuming the writers even put so much thought into that scene of Araragi giving Ash Pokédex and balls... (though with Jessie and James each specifically getting 3 balls, I think maybe the amount of balls every character got IS a hint... but we can't be sure of that yet)

Back
Top Bottom