• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Called it exactly on not being able to battle other players in Legends:

1629379829228.png

Is it just me or are they pushing the canon names a little harder than they used to in prior marketing. :unsure:

Also it may just be my overly suspicious nature, but I find it weird that the website refers to Kamado as the ancestor of Rowan from Diamon and Pearl (not BDSP) and even with the classic artwork of him. Don't tell me there's some funny business going on here... :confused:

Really strange honestly, since there is no real reason for why you can't battle other players.
I think it's because the overall focus will be exploration, which is what players will be doing the most of in Legends, the other parts would be crafting and doing tasks.
Also it may just be my overly suspicious nature, but I find it weird that the website refers to Kamado as the ancestor of Rowan from Diamon and Pearl (not BDSP) and even with the classic artwork of him. Don't tell me there's some funny business going on here... :confused:
Doesn't Rowan from BDSP look exactly like his DP counterpart in design, though? I think they are trying to hide the connections between BDSP and Legends for the time being.

Is it just me or are they pushing the canon names a little harder than they used to in prior marketing. :unsure:

I was thinking that too, though my immediate assumption was just that maybe Masters EX has normalized the practice of the franchise openly using the default character names.

I think the use of the classic artwork is probably just because it's in Sugimori style, and thus looks more natural next to Kamado's Sugimori art.

Looks like the Pokedex will have certain categories that the player will be able to filter through:

The first is the entire Hisui region, so basically, the general category that includes all Pokemon. The others will probably be related to the different areas so the player can keep track of his/her Pokedex progress without worrying about a long list.

I like the idea of travelling and collecting information on pokemon to create the dex. This reminds me of Prof. Birch and his field work, and we're basically doing that in another game. You are also filling up the dex the more times you meet the same pokemon, which also reminds me of the Dex Nav. In ORAS, you get to see pokemon holding items and knowing rare/egg moves the more times you encounter them. I like the idea of learning about the pokemon the more times you see them.

I'm hoping the number things you have to do for data on each pokémon will depend on the specific pokémon. Would suck to have to catch 15 of some super rare pokemon with a low catchrate.

(Similarly i'm assuming legendary pokémon and the starters fill out instantly sense you probably cant encounter them multiple times)

I'm hoping the number things you have to do for data on each pokémon will depend on the specific pokémon. Would suck to have to catch 15 of some super rare pokemon with a low catchrate.

(Similarly i'm assuming legendary pokémon and the starters fill out instantly sense you probably cant encounter them multiple times)
You're right about the legendaries, but Piplup, Turtwig, and Chimchar will be numerous, unless you're talking about Cyndaquil, Rowlett, and Oshawott which I don't see the latter trio being part of the Pokedex.

I doubt the L:A starters are in the Hisui Pokédex you are making. They aren’t from that region.

For legendaries, I assume it will involve puzzles/tasks related to the legend and possibly observing them a few times before being able to catch them. Kind of like you work on its Pokédex entry and the final part of it is catching it, opposite to normal Pokémon.

The way the pokédex in this game works seems like it will be great fun for someone playing casually. But a super tedious nightmare for any completionists out there. You can only throw so many pokeballs before it gets boring.

The way the pokédex in this game works seems like it will be great fun for someone playing casually. But a super tedious nightmare for any completionists out there. You can only throw so many pokeballs before it gets boring.

From what we saw, there's various ways we got to complete the Pokedex. In the Presents we saw to complete a Shinx entry, you can catch it, defeat it, defeat it using ground-type move, see it using quick attack, see it using bite, see different forms (m/f), and evolve it for a number of times.

I'm sure it's going to be different for other species, but we'll have to wait for the complete explanation of the system.

Do other people think that regional starter final evos for the PLA starters is a plausible idea? I feel like it's unlikely but not out of the ballpark yet, I think it would be really cool but idk how much sense it would make since iirc the professor brought the starters and never found them wild.

NOPE. I say its impossible.

They are brought in from another region, they don't live in the wild (Unlike the other Pokemon who have a regional form/evo).

Unless they have another evolution in the region they originate from (Which i doubt).

Now, the Hisui/Sinnoh Starters having a different evolution i can kinda see, since they do live in the wild, but even that one might be kinda unlikely.

Another problem is marketing. Imagine the Hisui forms for the starters become more popular than their regular forms, that kinda makes the regular forms redundant.

Interestingly enough;

This was posted a little over an hour ago

I don't think that's a regional variant considering how small and unnoticeable the change is. Someone in the comments wondered if that was a way to tell what the Wurmple is going to evolve into, which I think is a more likely explanation (though that just might stem from my frustrations with Wurmple's seemingly random evolutions into Cascoon/Silcoon).

I don't think that's a regional variant considering how small and unnoticeable the change is. Someone in the comments wondered if that was a way to tell what the Wurmple is going to evolve into, which I think is a more likely explanation (though that just might stem from my frustrations with Wurmple's seemingly random evolutions into Cascoon/Silcoon).
It's also possible that they decided to give some more old pokemon gender differences for some reason. But it just being a convenient way to tell which it evolves into is more likely.

It's also possible that they decided to give some more old pokemon gender differences for some reason. But it just being a convenient way to tell which it evolves into is more likely.
Or maybe it's a feature that Wurmple lost in later times.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom