• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Misconceptions

^ I did the same thing, only I constantly had my Pokemon spam Agility. I thought they would outspeed everyone. XD

A friend of mine refuse to understand how Stat Moves, the power of the Attacks and Attack/SPAttack works, so I'm always saying
-Please believe me, that stupid Hyper Beam don't work on your 65-Base-SPAttlack stat Scizor, teach him Giga Impact and Swords Dance!-
And he's always like -Nonsence! Hyper is better than giga, therefore my Scizor is stronger with it, and that stupid Sword attack does nothing, do you see any damage on the opponent? your just trying to canfuse so you can win!

A friend of mine refuse to understand how Stat Moves, the power of the Attacks and Attack/SPAttack works, so I'm always saying
-Please believe me, that stupid Hyper Beam don't work on your 65-Base-SPAttlack stat Scizor, teach him Giga Impact and Swords Dance!-
And he's always like -Nonsence! Hyper is better than giga, therefore my Scizor is stronger with it, and that stupid Sword attack does nothing, do you see any damage on the opponent? your just trying to canfuse so you can win!

Scizor + Sword Dance + Giga Impact :rolleyes:

Haha, its only since Gen 3 i've started using status moves, In Gen 2 it was occasional if i liked the move (i.e Agility)

When I saw Finneon's name I thought "Yay! New Eeveelution!" I then saw where it was in the Pokedex online and thought to myself "Hey why is it so far away from Leafeon and Glaceon?" Then to my disappointment it was a fish. COME ON America! Use -Eon ended names for Eeveelutions only!

I once heard someone say that Hyper Beam and Giga Impact were the same thing and it didn't matter which it knew. =[

Originally I never used status moves. Which may be why I fail at competitive battling.

I used to think that Pachirisu evolved into Buizel when Gen. IV first came out.... wow. And one time, some one told me that if you run 14,000 steps in the Trophy Garden, then caught 3 Starly, and went to Full Moon Island while giving your starter Pokemon a Soothe Bell, Cresselia would fly over your head and you could catch a second one. I had the weird idea that I could breed both Cresselia together... Afterward, I felt like a complete moron.

For some reason I had this thing where I'd never get rid of the very first attack a Pokemon has when I get it. Cue level 70 Venusaur with Tackle. I fell for the Mew under the truck thing too, but I never got far enough to do it. Haha.

Also, when Gold/Silver came out and I found out you could breed Pokemon, I was like, "Heck yeah, what kinda awesome hybrid thing will I get if I breed a Meowth and a Girafarig?" Cue my disappointment when all I got was a Meowth back.

Let's see...

When i was little i assumed that shellder evolved into cloyster into gastly into haunter into gengar into onix.

Also when gen.III came out i thought that minun and plusle were some sort of special pichu evos.

There were probably others but i can't remember at the moment.

Let's see...

When i was little i assumed that shellder evolved into cloyster into gastly into haunter into gengar into onix.

Also when gen.III came out i thought that minun and plusle were some sort of special pichu evos.

There were probably others but i can't remember at the moment.

I understand the Cloyster/Gastly thing, but how the hell did Onix got into that list?!

When I first read Empoleons name, I thought it was a new Eeveelution (this was maybe a year ago) and I thought that Abomasnow was pronounced 'A-boe-mazz-now' and referred to aboriginals...cue Dark type learning Thief as a Start move...*shot*

I used to think that the "must have badge for pokemon to listen to you" applied to OT pokemon as well. x.x I panicked when my pikachu on Yellow went one level above my cap, and I was like oh god oh god he's not gonna listen to me and when he did I was just like.. Well maybe he just really likes me. >____>

I also thought that the fossil researcher guy needed a LOT more time than walking out the door and back in. Like. Beating the E4 and then come back. xD;;

My brother (who learned this from his friend) told me that in PMD: Red and Blue if you ended up with two personalities on the personality quiz, your character would be Mew.

Misconception: Sandshrew/slash are based on hedgehogs.

Clarification: Well... Bulbanews handled this already, I think.

Also, several pronunciations (which aren't even consistent in the Anime/games), but there's an entire other topic for that.

I used to think geodude evolved into onix (I never knew about graveler and golem and I didn't know about steelix until I saw it as a SSB trophy)

I thought for a little while that Absol was an Eeveelution, and then something kicked into my mind.

"One of these things is not like the others..."

I still maintain that moves with stat changes as their primary effect are next to useless, if its a side effect of an attack, I'll paralyz poisen etc though

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom