• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/10. You can't go wrong with Bob Marley.

I realise that this is a 'classic song' and all but somehow it's evaded me for 18 years and I can't stop listening to it now so here it is

8/10. Quite a good song but I always found it a little comedic, which I felt hindered it a little bit

Keeping with the Blue Oyster Cult theme

10/10 - It's a special song to me, I listened to it a lot as a kid and it brings me back

10/10- Gotta check these guys out I guess, I'm missing out on so much good music.

The Native American vibe the song had at the start was nice, but they didn't really incorporate that style into the rest of the song, so it kind of ended up just sounding like any of another number of Disney pop songs. It did have a nice upbeat feel, and I like that. The lyrics were meaningful to, so that adds a bit also. For the most part though it was kind of unremarkable. 5/10

Now for a Disney songs that's a bit heavier.

I really like the orchestral part in the background, but the song would be better without the singing. 7.5/10

Well, I only listened up until 3:33 what a coincidence before I'd had my fill, but I'd still give it a 6.2/10. Maybe it'd be more if it didn't go on for so long or something I dunno.

...Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. Especially if you have some catchy music like this to help you do it.
Also, here's an old-style 'remix' of this song that I am also rather fond of that I'm not just looking for an excuse to post here before I forget about it why would you think otherwise?
My word, it is quite shocking how smashing this song becomes when transfered to this style. good show, old chap.
@MatrixChap

Last edited:
Cute. 8/10 to the above.

Now, I've been watching a lot of older Toei tokusatsu lately. Normally when I post in this thread, I don't have stories to tell like I do in the video game music thread, and heck - I don't post that often anyway! But with the completion of my viewing of this series - with the exception of the two Vs. movies they were present in, but with the inclusion of their Gokaiger tribute episode and the 10 YEARS AFTER V-Cinema - I feel like sharing this with you guys!

"S.P.D.: Special Police Dekaranger. Five detectives who fight cool with burning hearts. Their mission: To combat space criminals who invaded Earth. They will protect the peace and safety of all humanity!"

Behold, the theme of 2004's Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, the 28th Super Sentai!

Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger / Psychic Lover

Some of you may recognise that logo and Sentai suit - specifically, as the rather obviously named Power Rangers SPD. This was the Power Rangers adaptation of Dekaranger, which maintains the acronym of SPD but instead of Special Police Dekaranger, it stands for Space Patrol Delta instead.

I suck at numerical scores but I'll go with 8/10. Their singer is so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom