• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Found something that doesn't work quite right....

Shamefully, I didn't know about the face expressions feature of PokéMon Amie until yesterday. So I tried it out today with my Noivern.... but sheesh it doesn't even work properly. First off, sometimes I'm having trouble accessing the feature, I know a face icon has to pop up in the lower left corner after holding the 3DS some distance from your face and then you have to tilt your head or something. But sometimes it takes ages before I can get to the face expressions. But that's not the worst part. When I have to make face expressions, like winking, or opening my eyes, making a huge smile, most of these aren't recognized.

I've read more people have had problems with this and I saw a tip somewhere you have to sit under a lamp so the camera recognizes your face better. Just tried it, but nope, doesn't work either :-/ Or my 3DS's camera is just terribad (but I just got it a few months ago...) or my Pokémon just don't like my face :p

I have that same problem. Closing eyes, tilting head and kissy face works, but the rest don't. Can't get any small/medium/huge smiles to work, or winking.

Found something that doesn't work quite right....

Shamefully, I didn't know about the face expressions feature of PokéMon Amie until yesterday. So I tried it out today with my Noivern.... but sheesh it doesn't even work properly. First off, sometimes I'm having trouble accessing the feature, I know a face icon has to pop up in the lower left corner after holding the 3DS some distance from your face and then you have to tilt your head or something. But sometimes it takes ages before I can get to the face expressions. But that's not the worst part. When I have to make face expressions, like winking, or opening my eyes, making a huge smile, most of these aren't recognized.

I've read more people have had problems with this and I saw a tip somewhere you have to sit under a lamp so the camera recognizes your face better. Just tried it, but nope, doesn't work either :-/ Or my 3DS's camera is just terribad (but I just got it a few months ago...) or my Pokémon just don't like my face :p

I have that same problem. Closing eyes, tilting head and kissy face works, but the rest don't. Can't get any small/medium/huge smiles to work, or winking.
Me too, but it's tilting that's my problem. Tiliting and pulling a face never works. Even with my glasses off it refuses to work

I've only managed to pull off the Huge Smile in Amie three times. Every time I try it, my jaw begins to hurt as I try to find that teensy little window the 3DS camera likes. I can pull off all the other poses though. It can also have problems telling if I'm opening my mouth or winking.

I wish that trading between two people was a lot easier than it is. I really do think that Gen V had the best interactions when it comes to trading.

While bred pokemon having the mother's ball is nice, it's disappointing we cannot choose the ball it goes in instead. The ball still comes out of nowhere. I don't want this Perfect IV Espurr to go in a great ball like its mother, it deserves a Luxury Ball! (disclaimer: perfect IV Espurr is purely hypothetical). Also, the fact we can't (and haven't been able to ever) change the ball a Pokemon we own is in later on.

While bred pokemon having the mother's ball is nice, it's disappointing we cannot choose the ball it goes in instead. The ball still comes out of nowhere. I don't want this Perfect IV Espurr to go in a great ball like its mother, it deserves a Luxury Ball! (disclaimer: perfect IV Espurr is purely hypothetical). Also, the fact we can't (and haven't been able to ever) change the ball a Pokemon we own is in later on.

Don't forget the dreaded nicknames (>_<)

I got a 5 IV Froakie on the GTS and its name is ??!??!??

It appears that impossible GTS trades are still technically possible - saw one offer asking for a "Lv.1 to 10 Vivillon" in exchange -- Spewpa doesn't evolve until Lv.12 .

It appears that impossible GTS trades are still technically possible - saw one offer asking for a "Lv.1 to 10 Vivillon" in exchange -- Spewpa doesn't evolve until Lv.12 .
Yeah, noticed this too the other day. Still surprised I've not seen people asking for 1 to 10 Xerneas and Yveltal yet....

Although people asking for as of yet unobtainable Pokémon such as Feebas is just as annoying -__-

I've been lucky enough to not see many of those yet, but I do wonder how hard it is to filter those sort of things out for Nintendo...

Or maybe the thought just never occurred to them? It'd be cool if there was an ongoing way to tell them things other than with the post play feedback through club nintendo.

I wish there was a way to filter out all the really dumb trades on the players end too (beyond making ones own offer). The first week or two was fairly nice and refreshing between the GTS letting you look more freely at offers (instead of only a few at at a time). But now whenever I go onto it it's almost all people wanting Yvetal, Xerneas, or Scizzor. I don't even understand the scizzor one, wouldn't it be better to breed a good scyther and evolve your own scizzor rather than just trading a likely bad one?

Mhm. The GTS is still a failure. For the sake of Arceus, Game Freak, is it not easy to make it so you cannot choose something not possible? Don't let "1 to 10" and such options be available for Pokemon that can never be obtained at that level without an event (and even then, these event pokemon can't be GTS traded any way). As Bluestarfish says, now most trades demand Xerneas, Yveltal and Scizor. And Scizor is easy to obtain, too. I'm up for trading my Xerneas for an Yveltal. But guess what? Everyone wants a level 91-100 Xerneas for their only-just-caught version legendary, or they want Mew, Mudkip, Celebi, and other pokemon that cannot be obtained.

The GTS thing doesn't bother me quite as much as the previous gens, as I can just keep looking through the offers until I find one without having to go back and refine my search over and over till I find something reasonable. Though, I do think that the whole unobtainable/impossible Pokémon trades do need to be handled better (i.e. make them impossible to put up). Yes I know it's cool that you got that shiny and you REEEEALLY want to show it off, but that's not what the GTS is for.

I wish there was a way to filter out all the really dumb trades on the players end too (beyond making ones own offer).
Hit your search options and disable people wanting "special Pokemon", that'll cut out any trades asking for Xerneas, Yveltal, etc.

The GTS thing doesn't bother me quite as much as the previous gens, as I can just keep looking through the offers until I find one without having to go back and refine my search over and over till I find something reasonable.
You don't even have to go looking through pages and pages - hit the magnifying glass icon and set the filter to "Pokemon the person wants: Pokemon you have" and this will limit the results to not just Pokemon registered as caught in your Dex, but literally Pokemon currently stored in your PC! The sheer awesomeness of that feature is over 9000.

Oh holy cow! I didn't know about that. Thanks for the advice!

So yeah, if there's a doable trade for a Pokemon you want you can zoom in on it in a matter of seconds. On the flipside, sometimes you can deposit a Pokemon, and ten minutes later it's already been traded (probably because somebody else was using that filter themselves to sort out all the junk).

Yeah, that and night. Night time's barely noticeable in Kalos. Aside from your bike getting a light and the screen getting slightly darker, I don't think you can really notice that it's night.

Really? I thought that nighttime was really distinguishable in XY. Have you visited the frost cavern at night? The sky is absolutely amazing!!!

If you think that's amazing, you should pop on by the E4 at night, the sky is GORGEOUS! Not to mention the shooting star x)

I'm not disappointed with that much (and I mean that much) with X and Y, but...

Even though Pikachu got a voice clip this Generation, Pichu and Raichu didn't. That bugs me to no end. There should be one, because Pichu and Raichu are part of the Pikachu evolutionary line. Hopefully, Game Freak/Nintendo will implement a voice clip for both Pichu and Raichu.

Same :/ It's caused me to not evolve my Pikachu for the very reason of going from a relatively high quality anime cry to...static noises :/

Only ~70 Pokemon is annoying, but what's even worse was the plain lack of 6th gen Pokemon you find in the beginning. The first thing I found in Kalos was a Pidgey. A Pidgey!

I think your first encounter is scripted to be a Pidgey, as everyone I've heard from, or seen LPs of came by Pidgey first.

Last edited:

Yeah, that and night. Night time's barely noticeable in Kalos. Aside from your bike getting a light and the screen getting slightly darker, I don't think you can really notice that it's night.

Really? I thought that nighttime was really distinguishable in XY. Have you visited the frost cavern at night? The sky is absolutely amazing!!!

If you think that's amazing, you should pop on by the E4 at night, the sky is GORGEOUS! Not to mention the shooting star x)

There are shooting stars? *____* I'll definitely going to sweep the E4 one more time at night then :p

Only ~70 Pokemon is annoying, but what's even worse was the plain lack of 6th gen Pokemon you find in the beginning. The first thing I found in Kalos was a Pidgey. A Pidgey!

I think your first encounter is scripted to be a Pidgey, as everyone I've heard from, or seen LPs of came by Pidgey first.

Not true. My first encounter was a Fletchling.

How many steps through tall grass was it? (For all we know it could be an RNG thing....)

Last edited:

My first encounter was a cute and furry Zigzagoon :3 I call a nice surprise as I have not played RSE before.

About the Pokemon cries, I was surprised that they changed some Gen 3, 4, and 5 cries that I thought were perfectly fine (the ones I outright noticed were Shelgon, Salamence, and Hydreigon since I trained them), but kept some the old, static-y Gen 1 cries (I noticed Articuno wasn't changed when I was catching it). Some were improved (Pikachu, Charizard), but some they left alone.

When I heard about the GTS search options? Mind blown. Sheesh why didn't I know this @__@ Might I go search again for something, this certainly comes in handy. Although I'm not against seeing "wants" I don't currently have in my possession, because I then usually search for the "want", if I can get one, that I can then trade for the Pokémon I want. Got a Deoxys once this way on the GTS in Black 2.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom