• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

So does Wonder Room work with Assault Vest? Like if I had a pokemon that used Wonder Room and then switched in with an Assault Vest user would SpeD boost be applied to Def?

So does Wonder Room work with Assault Vest? Like if I had a pokemon that used Wonder Room and then switched in with an Assault Vest user would SpeD boost be applied to Def?

No, it only swaps base stats, not applied boosts.

No, it only swaps base stats, not applied boosts.

So no go on IVs and EVs either?

Sorry, by base stats I meant base stage (including EVs IVs), not base as in base. So if you enter battle with 50 Def and 100 Sp Def and an Assault Vest, you'd have effective 50 Def 150 SDef. Then in Wonder Room, you'd have 100 Def 75 SDef.

No such thing as NU yet. Tyrantrum and Aurorus are RU(beta) and Aerodactyl is UU.

Do you think there's any validity to this strategy? Use Gliscor to Baton Pass a Swords Dance and Power Trick to a high-defense Pokemon (other than Shuckle, obvs, who can just Power Trick himself)?

I'm looking at the Serebii list of Pokemon by Defense but most of them either already have good Attack stats, or have crappy movepools for physical sweeping.

Whoops, I linked to the DPP list before. Baton Passing Power Trick to Mega Aggron seems...really, really good. And I'm thinking if I use a Dual Screener before sending out a 252 Def / 252 SpDef Gliscor w/Poison Heal and a Toxic Orb, he should be able to withstand basically anything anybody can throw at him long enough to do Swords Dance, Power Trick, Baton Pass.

And Meggron can have Superpower, Earthquake, Heavy Slam (<-situational, yes, but all his other Steel STABs suck, so meh) and Stone-Edge or Double Edge.

Last edited:
Do you think there's any validity to this strategy? Use Gliscor to Baton Pass a Swords Dance and Power Trick to a high-defense Pokemon (other than Shuckle, obvs, who can just Power Trick himself)?

I'm looking at the Serebii list of Pokemon by Defense but most of them either already have good Attack stats, or have crappy movepools for physical sweeping.

I don't think it would be too good. Gliscor's only real Viable set is the stalling set.

I don't think it would be too good. Gliscor's only real Viable set is the stalling set.

How about Medicham? He can't get Swords Dance but can at least Baton Pass Power Trick.

How about Medicham? He can't get Swords Dance but can at least Baton Pass Power Trick.

Power Trick is a gimmick and a bad one at that. I wouldn't recommend using it.

Not even Baton Passing it to Mega Aggron?

Not even Baton Passing it to Mega Aggron?

Not at all

New Question: Is there a current tier listing for Pokemon Showdown? I just started using it last night, and I can't find a Tier list anywhere. Outside of the Team Builder, of course, but that doesn't list Mega Evolutions as what Tier they're in :/ So I can't figure out what Tier a given Mega is in other than going through every single banlist (there's no cumulative one, either :/).

Not a full listing, but a listing of Pokemon that are banned from each tier. Ex. It doesn't list OU Pokemon but it says all Pokemon in the OU tier being banned. Here's the link.

Not a full listing, but a listing of Pokemon that are banned from each tier. Ex. It doesn't list OU Pokemon but it says all Pokemon in the OU tier being banned. Here's the link.

Thanks! I can't wait until they have BWB2W2/DPP/RSE style pages. I can't tell you how useful stuff like this is.

Yaaaaaaaay ~ Crawdaunt got UU banned ^_^
He was way too overpowered for UU! Hopefully Mega Aerodactyl will be next >:eek:

Hmm. There must be a bug in Pokemon Showdown -- when you try to use Mega Ampharos in UU, it replaces him with regular Ampharos :/
I thought it was because he was banned, but apparently not.

Diggersby is UU-banned??? Hmm. I never thought of him as particularly useful.

Tangela's LC banned? Noooo! I love Tangela, but he's absolutely useless in higher tiers ;_;
Now I have nowhere to use him :(

What the...how do you figure Zekrom is UU in Singles but Uber in Doubles? That's quite a difference!

(Excuse all the emoticons, I've been reading Homestuck.)

New Question: The number of UU Pokemon is staggering, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me off the top of their head of a good UU Pokemon that knows both Fake Out and a priority attack (preferably something better than Quick Attack).

Zekrom is not and never has been UU in any format. All Pokémon in or banned from OU are banned from UU as well.

Zekrom is not and never has been UU in any format. All Pokémon in or banned from OU are banned from UU as well.

Oh, whoops, I was thinking of Kyurem-B. It's crazy that he, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and other friggin' legedaries are UU, but Diggersby of all Pokemon is banned to BL2?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom