• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

hmmm yeah your probably right :/
its just slightly annoying how many people post in-game teams, just was trying to think of a way to get them to post somwhere else ah ha

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Honestly, I've been thinking of just dumping the "NO INGAME TEAMS EVAR AND YOUR THREAD WILL BE LOCKED >:O" rule entirely.. since sometimes people don't want the solution of "oh, just grind!". :/

It's probably frustrating for people to be really stuck at a part in the game and then have their thread locked.. and well, it's not very welcoming to see a ton of locked threads for new-to-battling people. D:

Believe me jimiinthesky, I've thought about it, and Shipwreck Kelly is absolutely right. It's not going to do any good. I could TRY it, but I doubt it would do any good. Maybe having it as, like, a sub-subforum would draw attention to it since it would be at the top of the page.

If I did that, I would probably make the punishment worse for posting one here... like locking the thread AND giving an infraction.

maybe it could work, like tina says, some people genuinly need help and are stuck in the game, though it'd be hard separating them from the people are just like omg omg my pokemon are the best look at them wow

perhaps a sticky with the title 'in game teams' would draw peoples attention, as it would seem people are simply skimming over the rules section

lol... if they're only skimming over the rules section, the "don't post in-game teams" would be the FIRST thing they see... I changed the font size of it awhile back.

I'll try the sticky, though. Hopefully it works. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: Put the thread in and edited the rules, including a "What is an in-game team?" lil thingie.

Last edited:

It also probably doesn't help that the rules thread is locked...generally, people see a locked thread and just don't bother with it, even if it's important. Just a thought, but you might want to consider unlocking it?

Unlock it... and have hundreds of people complaining about it? It says "READ THIS before posting"...

People see that it's a locked thread and just ignore it anyway. At least unlocking it will get them to read it -- and this may sound overly-optimistic of me, but I doubt the complaining that happens will be on the scale you're imagining.

Hmm... I have a bunch of miscellaneous questions that aren't clarified on the Wiki to my knowledge. I guess this is the proper place to ask.

Right now, I'm mostly concerned about single player. I'm trying to make a team that optimally catches wild pokemon. So...

1. If there is a weather condition on the map that activates during a battle, and a move is used to change the weather like Rain Dance, does the weather turn clear after five turns, or return back to the original weather condition?

2. If you use Foresight / Odor Sleuth / Miracle Eye, then switch out, does the effect remain on the enemy?

3. Does using a PP-increasing item reduce EVs in any way, or prevent you from using any other vitamins on a single pokemon? Or can you PP-max all the moves on a pokemon without affecting anything?

That should be it for now.

the only one i know for sure is that pp increasing items dont affect anything other than pp

1. If there is a weather condition on the map that activates during a battle, and a move is used to change the weather like Rain Dance, does the weather turn clear after five turns, or return back to the original weather condition?

2. If you use Foresight / Odor Sleuth / Miracle Eye, then switch out, does the effect remain on the enemy?

That should be it for now.

1. After the five turns the weather turns clear.

2. The effect remains when you switch out.

can I post a team with 5 pokemon and ask for advice on the 6th?

just give us an idea of what you want from the 6th

me and fred'll give you a hand ;)

Well we would need the entire team to suggest a sixth :p So you might as well make a new thread :)

I have a party type coverage question

Say I have a water-ground type and I just adopted another bulky water type to my party. Would the results be catastrophic seeing as I have 2 water pokemon in my party?

I have a party type coverage question

Say I have a water-ground type and I just adopted another bulky water type to my party. Would the results be catastrophic seeing as I have 2 water pokemon in my party?

I think we'd have to see your whole party to give you an answer. these two share a grass weakness, but if you have ample counters to that it should be fine.

Ok,so considering I have various pokemon with a plethora of Ice and Fire moves,I should be okay then correct?

Ok,so considering I have various pokemon with a plethora of Ice and Fire moves,I should be okay then correct?

yup. That should be no problem. The best way to see would be to battle and see what happens. if it causes an issue, then just adjust your team. That's the best advice I can give you.

Thank You! :D

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom