• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for your first question, you can save in front of the old man and SR for nature / IVs / etc.
For your second question, you can trade eggs, so you can do what you planned.

^You can't soft rest for nature--that's locked in as soon as the egg is created. Only IVs and shinyness can be reset for.

^You can't soft rest for nature--that's locked in as soon as the egg is created. Only IVs and shinyness can be reset for.

I've SRed for Nature before.
I'm absolutely positive.

I believe it is D/P that locks in nature and gender when the egg is created, while Platinum locks in everything once the egg is received.

If i breed a level 1 lickitung, and have it have rolout as a egg move (or move tutor if it can't learn it by egg), is it pissible to get a level 2 lickilicky, or is there a hidden level requirment?

If i breed a level 1 lickitung, and have it have rolout as a egg move (or move tutor if it can't learn it by egg), is it pissible to get a level 2 lickilicky, or is there a hidden level requirment?

The only requirement for Lickytung to evolve into LickyLicky is that it know Rollout when leveling up. It stands to reason why it wouldn't be able to evolve at level 2.

Yes. If you breed two Lickitung/Lickilicky that both know Rollout together, the offspring will have Rollout and it will be able to evolve at level 2.

Ninja'd...

I now have a new little cup leader (my firends little cup rules allow evolved pokemon, but under or at level 10. :p)

Maybe this question has been asked in this thread
but I can't be bothered to go through 365 pages to look for the same question
so I'll ask it here...
1. Is RNG counted as hacking?
What about PokeSav and Action Replay?
2. Is it true that you can use the above devices for cloning?
If yes, are the cloned pokemon counted as hacks?
Will they mess up the game?

RNG people will tell you different things.. For me not really as its imo just knowing the timing and such.
The others listed.. Clearly hacking. Clones to some are counted as hacks and not to others. And none of this should really mess up your games.
But I personally wouldnt pokesav or use cheating devices as you never know.

Back in Gold/Silver/Crystal cloned Pokemon were sometimes 'bad clones' that did freaky stuff to your game. But I don't think that sort of stuff happens with them now.

The legitiment-ness of Pokemon always depends on who you talk to. But imo hacked/cloned/RNG abused/glitched/etc. Pokemon aren't legitimate. If you wanted a word for just hacked, it's just that, hacked.

Last edited:
RNG people will tell you different things.. For me not really as its imo just knowing the timing and such.
The others listed.. Clearly hacking. Clones to some are counted as hacks and not to others. And none of this should really mess up your games.
But I personally wouldnt pokesav or use cheating devices as you never know.

Back in Gold/Silver/Crystal cloned Pokemon were sometimes 'bad clones' that did freaky stuff to your game. But I don't think that sort of stuff happens with them now.

The legitament-ness of Pokemon always depends on who you talk to. But imo hacked/clonged/RNG abused/glitched/etc. Pokemon aren't legitimate. If you wanted a word for just hacked, it's just that, hacked.

Thanks guys for letting me know your thoughts
I always feared that those cheating devices would screw up my game, and you can't really find out if the pokemon was deliberately hacked, and hacked into one which looks legit
I myself don't use those devices, but people trade with me and you never know if the other person on the other side has used them before, so it's kind of scary..><

Just three more questions:
1. Is RNG associated with Pokesav or Action replay?
2. When people say their pokemon is legit, does it mean that they weren't obtained through hacking?(I know it's a stupid question but I just want to make sure..)
3. Why does the description of the Classic Ribbon change?
It used to be "A ribbon that proclaims love for pokemon" and it changed into "A commemorative Ribbon obtained at a mystery location". Is this normal?

Last edited:
RNG is just a method of exploiting the games random number generator to get pokemon with desired characteristics: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RNG It just requires knowing your secret ID, the secret ID can be worked out by having 1 legitimate shiny, 5 chained shiny pokemon or using a cheating device I think.

When they say it is legit that implies it is not hacked, if someone says they'll give you a legit pokemon and you suspect it's hacked you can try and check by asking people and then report it if it is found out to be hacked.

No idea about ribbons

what berry is best for raising beauty stat?
im trying to evolve my feebas into milotic

Maybe this question has been asked in this thread
but I can't be bothered to go through 365 pages to look for the same question
so I'll ask it here...
1. Is RNG counted as hacking?
What about PokeSav and Action Replay?
2. Is it true that you can use the above devices for cloning?
If yes, are the cloned pokemon counted as hacks?
Will they mess up the game?

Don't listen to the kid that said RNG is hacking. It isn't. The RNG reporter gives you a piece of information that you can then use to find a pokemon that you are looking for. It's the same as if you went on Bulbapedia to find out where to catch a pokemon, how to breed for certain egg moves, how to EV train etc. You do not plug the RNG reporter into your game and have it shit out a shiny pokemon.

Chesto, Wiki, Oran, Pamtre, Charti, Micle give dry poffins for beauty.

If you're playing Platinum and have money you can just buy dry poffins in the Veilstone department store.

one problem, i dont have platinum...
im planting chesto berrys, how often should i water them with growth mulch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom