• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the stream - or more like listening in now. That remixed music for Gym Leader's last Pokemon is awesome. o_O

Damn, the stream is over. Oh well, glad that I got to see some of it. XD

I'll roll with the punches concerning the inevitability of spoilers, but I'm definitely not watching a stream of the game. Why even get the game in that case?

I'll roll with the punches concerning the inevitability of spoilers, but I'm definitely not watching a stream of the game. Why even get the game in that case?

I see your point to a degree, but most of the fun comes from choosing your own Pokemon and building your own team.
I will definitely be watching streaming.

I see your point to a degree, but most of the fun comes from choosing your own Pokemon and building your own team.
I will definitely be watching streaming.

I can choose my own pokemon and build my own team in any Pokemon game. The reason I'll be getting White 2 is for the changes in environment, new characters and new features. There's just no point in playing the game if I know every single thing that happens. Hell, I could just get Black if that were the case, I've only played through White once after all.

All the spoilers have been posted anyway. At this point, I might as well watch a walk-through instead of taking people's word, whether it's worth buying or not. Honestly, I'm not that impressed or expecting anything great. White was disappointing, this sounds slightly better and some footage might confirm it. Obviously, I wouldn't sit and watch an entire walk-through, though.

Well I certainly don't think that I will learn all the spoilers. Obviously I know that Iris is the champion now, but I don't have to learn what pokemon she uses or what her dialog is or why she's champion (if they explain it) or what that has to do with the story. I don't really even care who the champion is anyway, I guess it's just the Iris fanboys/girls who are excited about it.

Obviously, I wouldn't sit and watch an entire walk-through, though.

Why is that obvious? I watch let's plays all the time.

Half the time I'm playing video games, I already know mostly about the plot, bosses and their weak points. Yet I still enjoy playing the games because knowing about the game and actually playing it, they're different. At least different enough for me to have fun playing the games.

But yeah, I won't be watching an entire walkthrough series when the game will be released here eventually. XD

Not of an entire game, that would take hours and hours. I'm talking about one or two towns, just to get the feel of it.

I'm only pleased about Iris because I know it's gonna p*ss certain people off :)

I wouldn't watch a Let's Play/Walk through if I plan on playing the game myself. If its really old or if it doesn't get released here, I'd watch it.

I do like to see other people's playing styles and what they are thinking when they do things, especially with pokemon names. That's why I watch Let's Plays. Well, that and the ones I watch try to make it funny.

I can get that too. Or I'll watch a Let's Play of a game that I was horrible at or hated just to see what I was doing wrong.

I'm doing that with HCBailly and his new Final Fantasy XII playthrough

I usually just watch Pokemon and Minecraft LPs. I did watch part of one for Pokemon Conquest (back when it was still Nobunaga's Ambition), but that was only because i had no idea whatsoever about what the gameplay was going to be like. My conclusion is I'm probably not going to get the game unless a lot of people say it's really good.

I'm going to get getting Conquest on Saturday, probably . I liked Fire Emblem, and Conquest has game play like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom