• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most unoriginal nicknames ever.

I'm guilty of naming my female Charizard and female Venusaur Charla and Brute Root. >.< I almost named my Blastoise Shellshockr.

I don't think I've ever seen an Umbreon named anything besides "Eclipse" or "Shadow."

It's sad.

I really tried to stay away from those two names.

Not really sure if mine are original or just lame...

Umbreon named "Nox"
Espeon named "Lumen"
Honchkrow named "Suliman"
Chimecho named "Astarael"
Vulpix named "Marion"
Psyduck named "Bastian"
Shinx named "Lukio"
Dratini named "Falkor"
Squirtle named "Aesop"

If you know where some of those names come from you get a cookie. :)

*snicker* I used to have quite a few very unoriginal names...

Blazer the Blaziken
Mothy the Mothim
Sparky the Shinx
Ditty the Ditto
Skar the Skarmory

Yeah, seriously, I don't even understand why I bothered to nickname them in the first place xD

Thunder the shinx. You know later i found out it was a girl shinx XD and Fire the typhlosion. A few others to.... When i was really young at the beggining of hoenn.. I named some pokemon after my real name....

Explotaro the Typhlosion. Exbotaro the Quilava (which I'm aiming to trade once I can go to a house with Wifi working).

Yeah, pretty clear where those nicknames came from. I do have a Blastoise named Machoman and a Charizard that had the exact same name in its base species, though.

Is naming one Houndoom "Deimos" and the other one "Phobos" original? :/ (The names of Mars moons)

Moreso than me naming my Grovyle "Ashisgay"? Prob'ly not, lol. :D

I also have a Combusken-gone-Blaziken that I named Red, and all my other starters (save Machoman) are either named after their manga names, or a pun off their species names.

So yeah, unoriginal.

Uh, my shinx is named pearl jam, my piplup is pop and my rotom is techno. those unoriginal? probably.

i currently have a large group of level 100s that i don't want to get rid of with horrible names
- pippy the empoleon
- starly the staraptor
- shinxy the luxray
- raltsy the gallade
- magby the magmortar
- rosey the roserade
- sneasy the weavile
and the reason i can't get rid of the names is because they were traded to my soulsilver from platinum and i deleted their old games

i also have some odd names for pokemon
- HaryArmPit the Hariyama
- AryPotHed the Aggron
- Lilly the Cradilly
- Floater the Floatzel (Poo Joke)
- Lap Dancer the Lapras
- Horny the Rhyperior
- Boner the Marowak
- Leonardo the Smeargle
- Pino Clean the Forretress
- Horsy the Kingdra

You should've named him Goldmine or Gold Pro. (short for Gold Productions, since you can't get that on in English. O HELLO THAR MIDAS), I know I would've.

Also, my Noctowl is named "바보부우 (idiot Buu)," as its Korean name is "아부엉" or somethin', so I took the opportunity to link him to that shitty-ass DBZ villain. My Red Gyaradoses from my Gold and SS games are named "Gay" and "ggay2," respectively. Yeah, if it weren't for me never really doing anything discriminative against homos save not interacting with 'em, I'd be labeled a homophobe.

I just found out my classmate play Pokémon and has a Wingull called Wing. :lol:

I have a Vileplume that when it was an Oddish, I named it Leafhead. :|

But in other nicknames, what do I have? Hmm...

Holedwel'r the Trapinch
Rosy Palms the Roselia
Shrew You! the Sandshrew
Jelliphish the Tentacool (named after a buddy on another forum)
NotAPichu the Plusle
Inscent the Illumise
Cotton the Swablu
Fauxkeball the Voltorb
6 the Magnemite

Last edited:
There are a few obviously named Pokemon that I've seen when I battle online or against friends. "Sparky" tends to be quite popular among Electric-type Pokemon like Raichu, Luxray, Electivire, etc. I've also seen "Hawk" used frequently with Flying-type Pokemon, and "Flame" or "Blaze" used with almost every single Fire-type out there.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom